2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
More Problems......
By Big Rob on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

This focus is bad. Love the styling and cornerig capabilities. But DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WITH OUT A WARRANTY!!!! My heater core has broke twice, and I also had a new transmission put at 36,000. I am at 42,000 now and it's starting to go out again. Geez I hope Ford get's these mistakes fixed. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty

focus wagon
By apm on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

bought used ford focus wagon this yr. it's been a pleasure to drive, fast and enconomical. great stereo, sharp styling and nice layout inside. for their smallest car ford seems to be trying very hard. most of my driving is around town and gas economy is 22 mpg and better. seems solid - so far so good. P.S. UAW decal on back window is nice touch.

I'm glad to be rid of it.
By William D. Arthur II on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

After taking our car in for all the recalls, and not being able to get the gear shifter repaired, because we were told that there was nothing wrong with it. I will say that I took the car to a small town Ford Dealer/Service Dept. and after removing the entire dash the A/C finally worked on hot days. I'm just glad to be rid of it.

Could be Better!!!
By DennisHuther on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle and i am in the process of trying to get Ford to buy it back from me. Too many Problems to list in even 700 words or less. I will never buy another Ford again..... I own 6 of them but i will never purchase another....

IT IS GREAT
By Brettisthegreatest on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

We bought ours and love it

QUALITY STINKS
By LEMON HEAD on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I HAVE 50000 MILES ON THE CAR MOST OF IT HIGHWAY. I BABY THE CAR DO ALLTHE REQUIRE MAINTANCE. I HAVE HAD 7 RECALLS PLUS REAR WHEEL BEARINGS REPLACED TWICE.SENSORS GO BAD THAT COULD NOT START CAR. THE WISH BONE SUSPENSION AND MOTOR MOUNTS REPLACED. TEN DAYS AFTER THAT MY TRANSMISSION GOES OUT. GOING BACK TO FOREIGN CARS

Will Never buy Ford again!!!
By new ford hater on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I need a good,reliable car for my son,I went and talked to a friend of mine at a local Ford dealership,I knew her for years,now she won't answer my calls.First repair took them 4xs to find problem,fire hazard recall,3xs because they forgot,still have many problems that they can't seem to find.Now they have conveniently canceled my extended warranty.Do yourself and/or your families a favor, don't rely on this lemon!

I hate my car
By Leigh Ann on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

The Ford Focus gets nothing but rave reviews through website articles. However, anyone that owns a 2000 Ford Focus will tell you otherwise. My car has been serviced for 47 different things. That's it 47. For example, my radio has been replaced twice in the past two years. Now it is malfunctioning again and Ford told me that they would no longer pay for service on the vehicle because I have 36,250 miles on it and the warranty is up at 36,000. Well if they would have fixed it in the first place I wouldn't have this problem.

No more Ford !
By yves on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is garbage. There is the list of problems during the past 30 months, (Ouf, I sold the car last week). 1. Rear wheels bearings,(3 times) 2. Master cylinder, (2 times) 3. Water inside the car, (2 times) 4. Fuel gauge. 5. Front disc replacement at 20 km 6. Rattles in console 7. 4 doors hinges replacement. 8. 6 recalls. 9. Rust on the rear trunk. 10. Rattles on the rear suspension. 11. Anti pollution system failure. 12. Water in the front lights. etc, etc ...

FOCUS ZX3 2000 KONA ED
By douguil on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I regret to have an automatic transmission on that car, it is much more fun and fast with a stick. Go with 16’’ wheels, it helps a lot the handling and maybe with 205/40/16 tires instead of 50's for a better stability when driving aggressively. I cannot wait that my Firestone Firehawk stock tires wear out, they are terrible.