2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Wonderful, Wonderful
By gsdallen on 09/25/06 19:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

When looking for a small wagon I had certain criteria. I needed something that would fit my family of people and pets. The Focus is economical, stylish, and fun to drive. It truly is the vehicle for me and others who are looking for a small wagon...whose numbers are dwindling.

The Worst Car EVER sold
By Jaki on 05/13/06 20:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I bought the car with 60,000 miles on it. I have got to admit now that I was down in the dumps when I bought that Ford nightmare. The next day as I was driving to work the Ford nightmare had a fuel pump problem, and then the timing belt literally exploded and then oil leak and then fuel leak and then the AC broke down and then the water pump broke down and then the back power windows broke down and the car stereo broke down -- I had to hit it hard with my fist for it to function several times and then the Ford nightmare is a noise box and then and then and then. How many times did I say "and then" - I have lost count. Mayday Mayday Mayday DO NOT EVER BUY a FORD EVER Please...

leaking coolant
By 1432 on 05/13/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Leaking coolant after 33,000 miles; dealer replaced water pump twice. At 65,000 miles again leaking coolant; per dealer diagnosis thermostat housing froze and leaked. This ruined water pump. Dealer changed water pump, again twice. This suggested that quality of parts are bad. All total this car has had 5 water pumps for the first 65,000 miles. Car was taken to independent mechanic. After more tests to find cause of loosing coolant, it was determined that coolant was passing to cylinder and head repair has to be done. This problem is in addition to transmission electronic component failing, rear window not working, and the rough idling causing vibration.

Will Never Buy Ford Again!
By Helen on 02/13/05 21:15 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Sad, but the Focus really soured me on all Fords. What hasn't gone wrong on this car? Despite the recalls just since I've had it, the $2400 transmission put in at 70K, the extra $1000 it will take for MORE O2 sensors, fuel gauge sensor, etc. and the additional $1,000 I've put in since I've had it (if you add it all up, it's about what the trade in is worth), I've had it with this car. Once one thing goes, everything goes.

Don't buy it
By Ryan on 01/08/05 11:10 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Lets see. At 15,000 miles i had to get new brakes and throttle body. At 45,000 miles I already replaced the oxygen sensor twice. I had to replace the shocks twice. The air conditioner broke, the heat sometimes worked, the wipers sometimes worked. At 73,000 I had to replace the transmission. At 74,000 my brakes failed. (They wouldn't work at all).

Ergonomic Yes, Reliable No
By BT on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Bought new in September 2000 from award winning dealer. Brilliant design, exceptional ergonomics, fun to drive, versatile and large cargo capacity, but many recalls, brake problems, and air conditioner failed at only 29,000 miles and 6 months out of warranty ($1,500 to replace and only a 1-year warranty, so I won't do it). In Oct 2000 Consumer Reports rated the Focus second best of six wagons tested, and in April 2001 Consumer Reports rated the Focus the No. 1 small sedan. In both cases reliabity was not yet established.

Very Satisfied
By Lindon D Greer on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Can not believe the cargo space. We had a full size 1951 Plymouth Station Wagon that did not have anymore room than the Focus. We like everything about it so far except for the gas milage, it's nothing close to whats advertised after a complete tuneup,oil change & filter,and air filter it's still only in the lower 20's. Otherwise a fantastic auto for the money.

ZTW
By HRW on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

After 36k mi, only two issue to report. I had a sensor go bad on the engine at 12k. Replaced under warranty. The original right rear tire wore unevenly. Otherwise, this car has been good to me. The wagon's cargo space has come in handy many times. The engine power is adequate, although more power would be nice. The advance trac is wonderful in the snow. So far. my ZTW has been a good car.

Bad Ford - you should know better
By badcar on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

There have been several recalls on this car including the rear wheel bearings. I wish I could get rid of this thing but the value has been dropping much faster than I can pay the car off. They have had to replace the complete breaking system after only about 25,000 miles and the wheel bearing went bad coming home on Christmas day with the kids in the car. I'm about ready to tell Ford Credit they can have their car back.

STINK BOMB
By ELAWTON3 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

AFTER DRIVING MY CAR FOR SIX MONTHS I AM VERY DISPLEASED. UNDER ACCELERATION THERE IS A BAD SULFUR SMELL THAT NEITHER THE DEALER OR FORD CAN EXPLAIN. BECAUSE THE DIAGNOSTIC MACHINES SAY THE CAR IS PERFORMING PROPER THEY WON'T DO ANYTHING TO FIX THE PROBLEMS.