Used 2000 Ford Focus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2000 Focus SE Wagon
By Ron

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I've had it almost 4 yrs & 28K miles. It's been a dependable vehicle, that's fun to drive & economical. It's only been scheduled maintenance costs & gas.

Huge cargo area, MPG.

Move radio antenna.

First Ford
By Canada10

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Bought my first Ford. Read up on issues. They were true. Not impressed as Ford states quality. Cheap feeling car. Original owner replace fuel pump, front brakes and front struts. I replace ignition switch, which should never, ever fail. Fuel mileage not very impressive in city. Have rattle in exhaust system, suspect cataytlic converter.

Fuel mileage. Rear seats that lie flat when in down position to have larger cargo capacity. Reduce noise level in body.

Responsible Owner
By George

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Bought the car because we needed a small wagon for commuting. At the time of purchase very little existed in the market for choice. Ford had brought the Focus design from Europe to the states and we liked its crisp lines and the fact that it was a wagon. We found my 6'4" frame fit comfortably in the cabin and the responsive road handling fun to drive. We had the recalls from Ford fixed and thru the years of ownership I have had only a few unexpected repairs. Overall I found preventive maintenance is the key to the 150000 miles of service this car has provided. I expect to own the car another 150000 miles before I aquire a new replacement. We are pleased with its performance and reliability.

Fuel economy, wagon storage capacity & roominess, visibility, agile responsive ride

Ford to bring back the Focus wagon, and the introduction into the USA of the Focus convertible.

Love my Focus!
By Jen

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I've been a truck girl my whole life, but had to go to a car for better fuel economy. It wasn't a hard switch. I can flip down the back seat and fill up the cargo area, tow a small trailer, put stuff on the roof rack or put passengers in the back comfortably - all while zipping around (zippy engine) getting great gas milage & being able to park anywhere! The ride is smooth & quiet, handles great, has comfortable roomy interior, and the exterior looks alot more stylish & modern than most other station wagons. I've put on many miles, keep up on maintance, but have had no problems. It is very reliable. A very fun & versatile car, and consumer reports rates it tops. All & all, I love this car!

The fact that the bottom of the back seat folds up & the backs fold down to lay completely flat, like an SUV - not many cars back seats do that. It makes it easier to put things in the back, I'm short but could probably sleep back there! Adjustable roof rack is great, so is the telescoping wheel!

The front cupholders aren't designed very well, hard to get cups in & out. seems to go through brakes roters quicker compared to other cars I've had.

I guess I got a good one
By EE

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

165,000 miles and it's only now starting to have problems. I was a victim of the frozen ignition thing - if it's giving sticky warning signs, heed them! The timing belt isn't due until some ridiculous mileage, mine went at 155,000. If you are planning to keep the car long term, change it before Ford advises. No leaks of any kind, so far. I am a painter and have loved how much stuff I could cram in the back and still be able to park it in San Francisco, and the gas mileage is great. If you are looking at this used, try and find one where you can research the service history, I guess. I'm going to try and take this one to 200,000 miles.

Cargo space and mileage.

Seats just aren't that comfortable, and Ford should step up on the ignition cylinder problem.