2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Car
By JMahler1980 on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I think the Focus is a great car for the money. Looking at some of the other reviews made me realize that people get, what they pay for. I have only had one problem with my Focus, and luckily my Brother is a Ford technican, and advised me the fuel pump was being recalled. In a little over a year I have about 50,000 miles on my Focus and am still loving it!!! Ford did a great Job!

Luv It
By rong33 on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

It's a 5 speed manual. I think it is really fun to drive.

What a Headache!
By tfroggin on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Repairs:#1 trunk latch replaced at 15,000mi, #2 rust on trunk 20,000mi, #3 breaks replaced at 28,000mi, #4 left rear door latch replaced 31,000mi, #5 front wheel bearings, sway bars, and tires(because of the wear) replaced 40,000mi, #6 pretty sure it was the rear wheel bearings this time(possibly the front again)about 43,000mi, #7 left rear door latch replaced 54,000mi, #8 and #9 towed twice to dearlership would not start, no cause found, #10 fuel pump replaced 58,000mi, #11 plastic wood grain molding on door broke off just recently. Keep in mind I took the car in for the $200 check up ever 15,000mi.

Never Owned a Ford Before
By Pandora3d on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I am not one of those that get into the whole heated debate about Ford vs. Chevy, etc. Some have given me hell about owning a Ford, but I can't complain. (yet) Not that I'm expecting things to go wrong, just have my eyes open in case. I love my little Focus ZTS and I think it looks sleek, sharp and sexy. I enjoy the sound system (not so sure my fellow commuters do...) and the EASE of steering. I am a happy first-time FORD owner. Thank you!

Maybe not
By Average Joe1 on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I had a Focus that I just sold. Before 34,000 miles my fuel pump had rusted - car died on the off ramp of a major interstate. Numerous brake issues. I was told by one of the techs that "Focus' just have squeeky brakes." Rattling under the car that no one was ever able to isolate. Wheels were way out of aligment and did not find this out till the 24K maintaince.

ZTS worth the price
By David4988 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

For the amount of money you could spend on transportation of your choice, the Ford ZTS is just about everything you could want in a small family car. It is very economical (28-33 m.p.g.),very attractive in and out, well laid out interior and instruments. My only "beef" is that it is still under powered, especially with th A/C on. PLEASE, Ford, offer the ZTS with the same engine you put in those ugly ZX3/5s!!!

Last Ford car
By WLBJR on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This is the worst car I've ever owned from a quality standpoint. 8 recalls. Had the a/c compressor replaced, three weeks later the evaporator coil had to be replaced. The transmission leaked and had to take it back 3 times to get it fixed by the world's sorriest excuse for a service department. Realized several months after the a/c evaporator was replaced the heat didn't blow out of the floor vents anymore- dealer didn't hook back up correctly and then didn't want to take responsibility. Front drive hubs replaced at 38,000 mi.

#1 Compact car in the USA, period.
By E. Cory on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I all around enjoy this vehicle. I don't think that after owning this car I will be able to drive anything else like it (cavalier, neon, civic) because the road handling is THAT GOOD. Engine is peppy when it is needed and the car reinforces that feeling with a good sound. It could use some more pep, but Ford fixed that with the 2003/4 PZEV engine. I am truely extatic with this car (purchased used last July for $10.5k). Go to a Ford dealership, test drive the car and take it on a hilly and curvy road and you too will understand why this car is so much fun to drive!

Ford Focus
By Chris & Abby on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Excellent car. No issues save a couple transparent recalls. Handles very well, fun to drive. The car is very comfportable with and amazing amount of interior for its size. The stock sound system is. So far wer have a little over 60,000 trouble free miles.

Not that bad, but.........
By johnMC on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Minor and annoying repairs - lights on radio keyboard died in 1st year...doors squeek...needed a complete brake job at 24,500 miles...ashtray must be closed to use the lighter [warning for smokers who are also trying to charge their cell phone.