Used 2000 Ford Focus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

reliable, stylish, comfortable.
By leeann123

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I miss my Focus, I was in an accident with a chevy silverado last summer and she was totaled. The interior was nice, the seats were comfortable and I had no problems with it driving 1200 miles one way to visit family back east. My problems with my Focus were the fuel pump going out at about 110,000k, the air conditioner going out at 130,000, power locks going out at 120,000. As far as reliability, maybe I didn't have power locks there at the end but she took me to work every day for 6 years. I'd buy another focus, same color and year if i could find one. I am now in a 2003 vw beetle and boy do I miss my ford!

nice interior, handles well, roomy for kids in back seat.

Can't fit large drinks in cup holders

Takes a lot of abuse
By Joemisseshisfocus

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

A lot of people bash the focus for being an unreliable car. When I bought mine as a used car it had 87,000 miles on it, two and a half years later it had 188,000 miles on it, it was my first good car. It's fast, reliable, has a great suspension and a great stereo. I beat the wheels off of this car, I delivered pizza in it and did other things you should not do to a compact car in it, any other car would have not withstood the abuse I gave it. I sold it and it is being enjoyed by someone else today. Only complaint. no armrest! this older model is better than the new ones they have out!

2.0 DOHC had great throttle response and good acceleration. Fantastic gas mileage, nice stiff suspension that hugged the road, good trunk space. Wonderful sound system.

door locks need to be redesigned for the back doors, give the car an armrest

Hated this car!
By tbone2123

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

This car was just totaled and that's the best thing that ever happened to us. We have spent so much money on it: engine, lock cylinder, window motors, etc, etc. There really is not much good that I can say about it. I looked it up on the Ford website and it was the second worst Ford ever made and the worst Focus ever made. It had over 100 recalls! Stay away from this car!

Long Lasting Car
By FocusOnWheels

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got the Focus in 2000. Other then it not having as bomb a sound system as the commercial made out it ran well and was a perfect tight handling city car. Great gas mileage. It wasn't until the care was 6 years old that it needed attention. (right after the warranty ended haha) I replaced the spark plugs, break pads and starter solenoid in the decade I've owned her. Not bad eh? I will say that at nearing 11 years old with 190,000. miles. on it. She's nearing retirement. But this was my first new car. It was a good experience, those to trash it on here might of got a lemon and had no sense to return theirs but overall, Ford Focus is a good line. For its time, 00 Focus was futuristic and fun.

Off the line, it's suspension and handling was perfect for pothole ridden big city streets. And it's gas mileage was great for highway trips out of town. Interior was sporty and comfortable, sound system adequate. Exterior was contemporary and cool. I'm saying was because 10 yrs in car it's a fossil.

I've seen the current 2010 Model my father purchased one. They are nice but may I suggest giving the interior a more sophisticated look. Think, Lexus IS or something snazzy. I'll like a car more if the interior feels like a million bucks. I'd be more inclined to buy too.

Regular Car
By Regular Car

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I have bought from my uncle three months ago. Since this I had repair the water pump, and big problems with the electrical system, I have replaced the coil, crankshaft, and other problems with the fuse box. Too many issues for a little time. Ah, otherwise the mechanics complain because the space in the engine is very small, then the repair cost could be more expensive. Apart of that the car have a excellent exterior design, is very comfortable, and have a good performance.

Exterior design, very comfortable, good drive experience

more soft transmission, best interior design,