2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Car
By mike on 03/20/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 Ford Focus se. It's been a great car. I am the first owner and for 10 years I have jest had a few very little problems. I have a small rattling in the engine but its because I need an engine mount. I hear so many bad things about the car but I love mine its my Porsche. I have 300,000 km and it's still running strong

best car
By m011 on 01/06/10 19:20 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 ford focus, with over 100000km on it i've only had few problems. i love it. for a small car its big.

Best car ever... will only ever buy ford
By FORDFOCUSLUVR on 01/01/10 09:50 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I love my focus, i have had it for a few months and it has been nothing but good. I have heard of all the problems but so far none of them. And I think i may have some electrical problems going on with the radio.. Road noise there isnt much. All around perfect car.

Great Little Car
By Ron on 09/29/09 11:32 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Car has 155,000 miles. Up to 100,000 miles no problems. In the last 50,000 things started wearing out. Replaced everthing in the brakes (about time) replaced A/C, power steering pump, alternator, engine mounts, ignition key switch, plugs, plug wires, coil, belt and one power window mech-anism. Thats about it These things don't last forever. Now at 155,000 the engine blew so I am going to install a used engine. This little car has always run great, good mileage and reliable transportation. Its still like new so it deserves a new engine which I plan to install. Like any car there are some lemons out there but mine is not one of them so I'm keeping it for another 100,000.

No more Fords for me
By Shannon Hewett on 09/03/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car as an inside deal. It has been towed 3 times. The fuel pump went out, the fuel line leaked, the ignition went out, the front coil springs broke, exhaust is load, replaced catolac convertor, the number three piston went out (needs new motor). I sold it to the junk yard to a sucker for 250.00. I will never buy another ford. Oh... Two of Focus friends also had the same problems. This is the worst car ever. When the fuel pump goes bad, you can't let the fuel level drop below half a tank. That makes long trips fun. Don't buy it so Ford will stop making it.

i love my focus!
By shannonkay on 08/28/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got my Focus in March and I have only had a few small problems such as the windshield wiper bottle leaking and the serpentine belt squeaking. Other than that, I love the easy handling and the amazing gas mileage. Not to mention the aesthetics :)

One of the best cars Ford made
By Jay on 02/26/09 14:25 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

We own Ford Focus for almost 8 years and I have to say we had the least problems with with cars from all other cars we owned in the past. I never had to take this car for any major repairs. This is a very simple and quite reliable car. I had more problems with VW Passat and Saab 9.5

So far so good
By hoos on 02/18/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got this as my first car. Normally I never buy American cars but I needed a car badly. I spent $1100 fix it and I still need to fix the electric and also need to replace the rotors. Aside from all that it's very comfy and I really hope it wouldn't leave me stranded. I should've gotten a Honda.

You'll get what you paid for
By Vince on 01/09/09 06:18 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car new, before we met. I would never have bought a Ford. We had to replace the tires, brakes and rotors and needed a four wheel alignment at 25,000, We replaced the fuel pump at 50,000 and the trunk leaked but warranty covered seal replacement. When I replaced the spark plugs, the wires were bad. Ford used cheap parts. I changed the oil (Syntec) every 3000 mi. The transmission is exotic for a Ford so I made sure to get it serviced every 30K mi. We now have 107,000 and this car is still running very strong. same power as when it had 15000. no major problems, just general wear after replacing cheap factory parts. Do the scheduled maintenance and car should last years.

You cant make lemonade out of this lemon
By Marie on 11/19/08 20:52 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Since the car hit 60,000 miles it's been in and out of the shop constantly. With no warning, the clutch dropped out while I was driving 65 mph down the highway. Repair bill: $600. One of the parts they replaced broke again within two months. That was covered by a warranty, but it was still a pain and a safety issue. Then the fuel system went out, leaving me stranded. Thankfully, covered by a recall, but still a pain and a safety issue. Then the key wouldn't go into the ignition, again leaving me stranded. Repair: $300. Headlight wiring melted: $50/light. Air bags dysfunctional. Now the electrical is screwed up and the car dies unexpectedly at varying speeds while I'm driving it. What's next?