2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Stinks to be me
By notafocusfan on 03/28/07 18:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I have driven my car since I bought it because I was a single parent and could get free labor to fix it and could not afford to buy a new car. This car is really bad. It is great because it still runs but it had to have 2 ignition switches, countless brakes, rotors and tires every 20,000 miles. We have lifetime brakes now and it is eating them too. It had to have a new motor at only 90,000 miles in 2005. It dropped a valve seat. New oxygen sensors twice. It now shakes and rattles the dash sounds horrible.

it just runs
By Brian on 03/15/07 12:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought it new with 12 miles on it currently has 84,0000 miles and has never given me an expensive out of warranty issue, always delivers - very low maintenance.

I may be alone, but I love my '00 Focus!
By Cornicus on 02/09/06 14:43 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

This car is the best car I've ever had. I bought it used, and it was a rental before it went up for sale. Sounds like a horror story right? WRONG! This car is fantastic. I love it. It is beyond reliable. I've had it going on 2 years, put 13000 miles on it, drive it every single day, and it just gets better and better. I've only had to deal with a thermostat, 1 recall, one old dead battery and 1 old dead battery cable. Even with those problems though, it would get me where I needed to go, no matter what. I love it, and I haven't read any good reviews so here's one. Best Car Ever! And adorable to boot! Main points: uber reliable, and if something does go awry, VERY simple to fix.

Ford Fool
By BostonHarold on 09/27/05 07:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this new after having a great experience with a '93 Escort. There have been many recalls, transmission leak, ignition column broke, a hole in a PVC tube (at least this is what the dealer called it). Normally, I like to keep my vehicles for 100k miles, but it's broken down 3 times this year already. I will never buy a Ford again. The resale value is terrible too.

Focus
By Bill on 05/12/05 18:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

One of the best small cars we have had.

Down with Ford!
By Ford is crap on 05/09/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2000. Windshield broke in 5 months. Brakes and tires have always been bad, needing to be changed every 15 to 20 thousand miles. Replaced rotors, calipers, ignition and a tune-up was done at 35,000 miles. The Focus would be a great car if it worked properly, or if at least the dealer/manufacturer would take care of common problems.

This car is a P.O.S.
By AshleyAsh on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Fuel pump has gone out more times than I can count. Electrical everything goes out more times than Heinz has ketchup...good luck to anyone who buys one of these damn things! Get a good warranty.

Not worth the money (at all!)
By CP on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Constant brake problems, car feels like it is slowly falling apart under 30,000 miles. Will never buy Ford again!

Focus on your lemon
By casie on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

8 recalls speak for themselves. Plus new tires every 38,000 miles. Car only gets 20 miles per gallon. With its size that's terrible. I am expecting 2 more recalls.

Solid Car
By bjman71 on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I have had no problems with the car. Other than the recalls, which are fine as long as they fix the problem, the only negative is that the tires and brakes wear out far too quickly (30,000 miles). Car is enjoyable and has had no need for a mechanic other than routine maintenance.