2000 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
A Good Car
By gxs on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about a year now and I have no complaints. I bought it with about 39000 miles with the zetec engine. The only problem I've had is a couple of brake cleanings and regular maintenace. (Oil changes, Tune up) The engine is quite once warmed up. Exterior is nothing to brag about, but there are some aftermarket parts than can be purchased to make it look better. Also interior seems a little cheap. And the Zetec engine is not gas friendly But I can't complain.

focus
By hl on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

ford focus is a good reliable car. Only suggestions is that make leather interior and option & better pick up. I like to look of the car.

Always in the Shop
By Redridinghood on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The Focus is a piece of JUNK! Car has been into dealership 19 times 15 of then have been recalls or warranty purposes. Have had 9 recalls already! Car has 59,140km on it. Rear axle assembly has been done, both front stablizer links replaced, brake calipers froze, car shook at high speeds. Springs were not properly in control arms, caused clunk. Clutch spring done twice. Car stalls occasionally, still not fixed. Car RPM's fluctuate when stopped causing car to shake at stops. Two wheel covers replaced, wiper arms had to be tightened. Rear wheel bearings and seals replaced. The list goes on and on. Stay away from the focus it is nothing but hassles.

ford needs to only build trucks
By fordtrucksonly on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

piece of crap radio went out 7 times, fuel gauge 3 times, 2 transmissions, and a gas milage that is worse than my f 150 with a 5.4 v8 this car sucks in every way want a car buy from chevy want a truck buy a ford

Great Car... Reasonable price!!!
By greatcar on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome. I bought it in 2000 and I have had my Focus ZTS since than and have no plans on getting a new car anytime soon. It is a great car... and is fun to drive. This car is worth every penny of the 17000 I paid for it. It is reliable and can't be beat.

Worst car ever!
By Screw Ford on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car believing the hype from both Consumer Reports and everywhere else. I have now owned my Focus for 2 years, and I have had it in the shop 12 times. Yup, 12 times. 6 recalls and 6 broken parts that were under warranty. I have never been more disappointed in any product in my entire life. Truly, Ford has continued along the tradition of the Pinto, where they calculate how much it will cost to replace broken stuff as being lower then how much it will cost to put in higher quality parts. It's a textbook cost-benefit analysis, and Ford wrote the textbook. Don't buy a Ford.

I'LL TAKE TWO
By Ken on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

I have bought 16 cars and this is by far the most car for the money. It has never been to the shop, handles great and looks good. A little more low end torque and it would be perfect. That didn't stop my wife and I from buying her one too.

Well Deisigned, Poorly Built
By Focus ZTS Owner on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive, looks good, and has great interior room for a compact. Gas mileage is OK but not great (about 25 - 26 mpg on mixed hilly curvy roads and in-town driving). The quality of the workmanship leaves much to be desired. There have been numerous recalls. In addition, I've had a variety of things repaired under the warranty (door panel trim, headlights, gas gauge, squeaks, accelerator cable mounting, brakes, and loose trim).

2000 Ford Focus - Sony Limited Edition
By sfieldi on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

Fun car to drive. Excellent suspension and a smooth ride. I have had no problems with this car. Excellent gas mileage. I average 35-36 mpg highway and 29 mpg city.

Focus -- GREAT!
By JAC on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

Very good driving dynamics. The brakes and steering are world class -- the benchmark for the rest of the competition!