2000 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Not recommended
By nomoreford on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

Wife loved the look and the comfort compared to other smaller sedans. Good sound system. However, it has been recalled 7 or 8 times now and we have found the gas mileage to be subpar. We had a problem with car vibration above 70 mph - turned out dealership put on an unbalanced tire during recall service. Had it replaced at local tire shop. Still is loud on highway.

A fun to drive hunk of GARBAGE?!?!
By David in Oregon on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

At 24 months and 12000 miles the transmission came apart inside, Ford kept it 3 weeks. Four months later, same thing, dealer kept it for 3 weeks. Interior trim has come loose, one seat belt would no longer latch, another seat belt could no longer be pulled out. Dealer repairs are iffy at best, replaced ALL the seatbelts with the WRONG COLOR (black belts, grey interior? BARF!) The recalls did not bother me, its a new design, but the multitude of other problems anger us both. With only 7 months left on the factory warantee, we are thinking of getting rid of this car.

More Problems......
By Big Rob on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This focus is bad. Love the styling and cornerig capabilities. But DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WITH OUT A WARRANTY!!!! My heater core has broke twice, and I also had a new transmission put at 36,000. I am at 42,000 now and it's starting to go out again. Geez I hope Ford get's these mistakes fixed. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty

I'm glad to be rid of it.
By William D. Arthur II on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

After taking our car in for all the recalls, and not being able to get the gear shifter repaired, because we were told that there was nothing wrong with it. I will say that I took the car to a small town Ford Dealer/Service Dept. and after removing the entire dash the A/C finally worked on hot days. I'm just glad to be rid of it.

Could be Better!!!
By DennisHuther on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle and i am in the process of trying to get Ford to buy it back from me. Too many Problems to list in even 700 words or less. I will never buy another Ford again..... I own 6 of them but i will never purchase another....

IT IS GREAT
By Brettisthegreatest on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

We bought ours and love it

Will Never buy Ford again!!!
By new ford hater on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I need a good,reliable car for my son,I went and talked to a friend of mine at a local Ford dealership,I knew her for years,now she won't answer my calls.First repair took them 4xs to find problem,fire hazard recall,3xs because they forgot,still have many problems that they can't seem to find.Now they have conveniently canceled my extended warranty.Do yourself and/or your families a favor, don't rely on this lemon!

QUALITY STINKS
By LEMON HEAD on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

I HAVE 50000 MILES ON THE CAR MOST OF IT HIGHWAY. I BABY THE CAR DO ALLTHE REQUIRE MAINTANCE. I HAVE HAD 7 RECALLS PLUS REAR WHEEL BEARINGS REPLACED TWICE.SENSORS GO BAD THAT COULD NOT START CAR. THE WISH BONE SUSPENSION AND MOTOR MOUNTS REPLACED. TEN DAYS AFTER THAT MY TRANSMISSION GOES OUT. GOING BACK TO FOREIGN CARS

I hate my car
By Leigh Ann on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The Ford Focus gets nothing but rave reviews through website articles. However, anyone that owns a 2000 Ford Focus will tell you otherwise. My car has been serviced for 47 different things. That's it 47. For example, my radio has been replaced twice in the past two years. Now it is malfunctioning again and Ford told me that they would no longer pay for service on the vehicle because I have 36,250 miles on it and the warranty is up at 36,000. Well if they would have fixed it in the first place I wouldn't have this problem.

No more Ford !
By yves on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is garbage. There is the list of problems during the past 30 months, (Ouf, I sold the car last week). 1. Rear wheels bearings,(3 times) 2. Master cylinder, (2 times) 3. Water inside the car, (2 times) 4. Fuel gauge. 5. Front disc replacement at 20 km 6. Rattles in console 7. 4 doors hinges replacement. 8. 6 recalls. 9. Rust on the rear trunk. 10. Rattles on the rear suspension. 11. Anti pollution system failure. 12. Water in the front lights. etc, etc ...