2000 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great car that holds up very well
By lillymom3 on 10/17/12 09:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Focus as my first car in 2003 with 43,000. We've had one big issue - which was an electrical issue. I think it was a glitch for it being the first model year.. but once that was figured out this car was a dream. Fast forward 9 years to a week ago. I was driving at highway speed when someone came into my lane, I avoided them, but lost control of the car - I hit the center barrier of the highway, spun across the highway, hit the sound wall on the right shoulder and landed in the right shoulder. Car was totaled, obviously, but held up with no major damage to the cabin, and I walked away with only minor injuries. I love that car more now than I did 10 years ago.

Fun little car, I must say.
By darrylv on 12/14/11 02:03 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got the car about two years ago, from my aunt who is possibly the worst car owner on the planet. The car was broken down, barely running, dirty, everything was broken. I got my hands on it, and about 1300 dollars later, it was running good. The best part about this car is how fun it is to drive. I can take off faster than half of the cars my friends have. The car feels alive, you can feel it. I just wish it was a little bit better quality. The interior is nice, but cheap. You can tell. The outside is styled well, but it's also made with some cheap-looking parts. It also feels like it won't be running so good in a few years. Who knows, it might last me forever.

Happy to hear: Totaled
By ktgritz on 03/26/11 17:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I had this car given to me by my dad and he said it was a good car. Well it might have been a good car when he had it but it seemed that from the time I took hold of the keys everything fell apart. First 100 miles struts break $600. 300 miles power steering pump $300. 500 miles wheel bearing $500. 1000 miles Transmission slips estimated $2000. luckily someone hit me and totaled it (no one was hurt) it always started rough. for your own sake don't buy it. if you do and keep it driving for a year you will put more repairs into it than it's worth. i bought a Grand Prix GT with the money much happier with it. more power + less repairs = happier customer

Baby Mustang
By Marvin Proehl on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We really enjoy the car! Our best gas mileage on a long trip 41 mpg with an average off 38 mpg. We have 205/55/r16 tires. The work that had to be done on was all done at the dealership. We had to replace the motor at 200,000 with a broken valve seat. I will say nothing bad about the car.

Worst Car Ever
By HateFocus1 on 02/17/10 03:37 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased Brand New 2000 Ford Focus Lx Sedan! Worst car ever was in the shop day after I bought it for faulty spark plugs, had the car for a year a a half, Repairs Done: 2 new engines, 4 radiators, 3 batteries, 2 alternators, 2 transmissions (ps the car is a manual and yes the transmission went out) 1 clutch (leaking) Mater cylender, Electricle wiring for exterior lights, e brake, 3 ac's, thermostat, 2 water pumps,

Saved My Life
By Mia on 02/14/10 14:31 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I was in my first car accident, not just a fender bender, I have a few contusions, 2nd degree burn, and two strains one in my back and the other in my neck. I could have came out a lot worse, the EMS on site told me the air bags and everything worked the way it should have. I'm still scared but thank goodness that this was all that I came out with. Its normal to get a burn from the air bag the ambulance said. I'm planning on buying another ford focus for my new car. They are fairly reliable.

2000 Ford Focus LX, auto trans, I-4
By Chris on 11/21/09 00:44 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2007 for my wife and before I went to the Coast Guard, the engine fell apart. Two rebuilds from valve seats dropping and I had enough. After 4,500 dollars rounded I had enough. Please think about this car before you buy. Ford did not recall the valve seats in the cylinder head. Get anything above 06 and that includes all I-4's in Tauris too. 99- 05 are all bad. Just I-4's though. Huntchbacks are fine...

2000 Ford Focus LX
By Matt on 06/14/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Just bought this Ford Focus, and so far am quite impressed. I have already replaced the ignition coil pack, a simple 1 hour repair. Has a 140,500 miles on it, and still runs strong for a 4 cylinder. This is my first car, and so far, for the 1000 dollars I spent, (including purchase price, and the coil pack.)I am pretty happy. Car is quite and runs smooth. Good gas mileage, and very fun to drive.

Bad/Scary
By Iseolde on 01/23/09 09:26 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The car was bought used and was only two years old at the time of purchase. After only 5 months of owning the car I discovered a major problem with loss of vehicle power during turning at a normal speed, which later became a recall on this vehicle. (Almost had several collisions due to this problem) The first time I called the Ford Co. about the problem they said their had been no similar reports. Also I had taken the car to the dealership 3 times for repair of this problem, which was finally solved when Ford sent me a recall notice. This was the first of several other recalls I had to have fixed. Every year something major has gone wrong, costing usually around 1K. Please spare yourself!

Great small car
By terry on 05/30/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I owned a Ford Focus, purchased new. I just traded it for a new 2008 Focus. I only out 44000 miles on it, but I never had any out of warranty problems. Many recalls, and even one 1000.00 repair that was taken care of from a TSB report (coil springs). This car was very reliable and fun and easy to drive, great gas mileage. Always started, never broke down. The only repairs we had were recalls and the master cylinder went almost 2 weeks after we purchased, but it was under warranty. Liked it so much I bought the new one.