Used 2000 Ford Focus LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great car that holds up very well
By lillymom3

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Focus as my first car in 2003 with 43,000. We've had one big issue - which was an electrical issue. I think it was a glitch for it being the first model year.. but once that was figured out this car was a dream. Fast forward 9 years to a week ago. I was driving at highway speed when someone came into my lane, I avoided them, but lost control of the car - I hit the center barrier of the highway, spun across the highway, hit the sound wall on the right shoulder and landed in the right shoulder. Car was totaled, obviously, but held up with no major damage to the cabin, and I walked away with only minor injuries. I love that car more now than I did 10 years ago.

Fun little car, I must say.
By darrylv

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got the car about two years ago, from my aunt who is possibly the worst car owner on the planet. The car was broken down, barely running, dirty, everything was broken. I got my hands on it, and about 1300 dollars later, it was running good. The best part about this car is how fun it is to drive. I can take off faster than half of the cars my friends have. The car feels alive, you can feel it. I just wish it was a little bit better quality. The interior is nice, but cheap. You can tell. The outside is styled well, but it's also made with some cheap-looking parts. It also feels like it won't be running so good in a few years. Who knows, it might last me forever.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, fast, lively engine, styled well for a 2000, awesome speakers

Suggested Improvements

cheap interior and exterior, mediocre build quality, back seat is cramped.

Happy to hear: Totaled
By ktgritz

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I had this car given to me by my dad and he said it was a good car. Well it might have been a good car when he had it but it seemed that from the time I took hold of the keys everything fell apart. First 100 miles struts break $600. 300 miles power steering pump $300. 500 miles wheel bearing $500. 1000 miles Transmission slips estimated $2000. luckily someone hit me and totaled it (no one was hurt) it always started rough. for your own sake don't buy it. if you do and keep it driving for a year you will put more repairs into it than it's worth. i bought a Grand Prix GT with the money much happier with it. more power + less repairs = happier customer

Favorite Features

gas mileage good stock stereo ok rear leg room for a small sedan trunk size outside looks fun to drive (when you can drive it)

Suggested Improvements

REDO EVERYTHING please

Baby Mustang
By Marvin Proehl

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We really enjoy the car! Our best gas mileage on a long trip 41 mpg with an average off 38 mpg. We have 205/55/r16 tires. The work that had to be done on was all done at the dealership. We had to replace the motor at 200,000 with a broken valve seat. I will say nothing bad about the car.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Ford has done them.

Worst Car Ever
By HateFocus1

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased Brand New 2000 Ford Focus Lx Sedan! Worst car ever was in the shop day after I bought it for faulty spark plugs, had the car for a year a a half, Repairs Done: 2 new engines, 4 radiators, 3 batteries, 2 alternators, 2 transmissions (ps the car is a manual and yes the transmission went out) 1 clutch (leaking) Mater cylender, Electricle wiring for exterior lights, e brake, 3 ac's, thermostat, 2 water pumps,

Favorite Features

Design of exterior very sporty and different, interior unique and user friendly

Suggested Improvements

GET RID OF THE FOCUS HORRIBLE CAR, Have had a 2000 and 2003 just as many problems with the 03 as the 2000.