2000 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great commuter car.
By anthony224 on 06/23/13 19:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I owned my focus for awhile now and I am well over 200k miles and it still runs like new and can drive anywhere while still getting great gas mileage. On average I get about 29-30 with mixed driving. The car is very reliable and has never let me down the only things I needed to replace on it was the 14 year old brake booster and a radiator hose that dry rotted. As long as you maintain the fluids and drive the car normally it should last you 200k miles+. Enough room to comfortably fit 3 adults and a 4th with a little effort. The car does great in the snow with the right tiers on the front. If your looking for a nice affordable car for daily driving look no further.

So far so good
By dperry25 on 04/02/13 19:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Got car in August 2011 with only 48,000 miles. 8 months and 10,000 miles later and I've had no issues. I have a pretty basic model with an automatic transmission. Gas mileage is good. Especially on the highway. I can fill the car up and the gauge doesn't even start to move for 78 miles. I've gotten a little over 370 miles to a tank with mixed city/highway driving. I've yet to drive it on a long trip but I'm sure it would easily go over 400 miles! My only concern with the car comes from what I read on the internet. I have the SOHC engine, aka SPI (split port injection) and according to the internet, they tend to drop valve seats. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me. I love my Focus.

Very reliable vehicle!
By yermom123 on 04/01/13 14:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Very reliable! I have had my Ford Focus for 12 years and had never had a major problem! Awesome gas milage at 32 mpg. I am six foot 270 pounds and it is a very confortable for me. My kids who are 5 ft. 5in. and 5ft. 6in. sat in the back seat for three hours driving to detriot with no complants. Has 200,000 miles on it and it still runs good. For its age it is still very stylish. Takes my wife to work 30 miles a day and only have to fill up the gas tank once a week. I would strongly recommend this car. Just gave it away for a 2009 chevy tahoe

Best car so far
By jagder on 03/31/13 22:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2003 with 70000. I now has 282000 miles on it and still runs good. Original clutch and no major repairs of any kind. The only problems was front spring which was recall and some electrical harness issues due to salt spray. Other than this just wear and tear items normal with putting lots of miles on a car. I have looked at and rented the 2nd and 3rd Gen Focus and they just do not compare to how good the 1st Gen is.

Loved it
By travis25 on 06/27/12 09:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I just want to start by saying i love my Ford Focus. Ive had the car for about a week, bought it used. I only have replaced very minor things such as the sway bar links, needs tires. But really the car is great, fun and easy to drive. I have heard all the "ohh its Ford" comments but really its a great little car, and great gas mileage!

reliable, stylish, comfortable.
By leeann123 on 01/31/11 15:20 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I miss my Focus, I was in an accident with a chevy silverado last summer and she was totaled. The interior was nice, the seats were comfortable and I had no problems with it driving 1200 miles one way to visit family back east. My problems with my Focus were the fuel pump going out at about 110,000k, the air conditioner going out at 130,000, power locks going out at 120,000. As far as reliability, maybe I didn't have power locks there at the end but she took me to work every day for 6 years. I'd buy another focus, same color and year if i could find one. I am now in a 2003 vw beetle and boy do I miss my ford!

Takes a lot of abuse
By Joemisseshisfocus on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

A lot of people bash the focus for being an unreliable car. When I bought mine as a used car it had 87,000 miles on it, two and a half years later it had 188,000 miles on it, it was my first good car. It's fast, reliable, has a great suspension and a great stereo. I beat the wheels off of this car, I delivered pizza in it and did other things you should not do to a compact car in it, any other car would have not withstood the abuse I gave it. I sold it and it is being enjoyed by someone else today. Only complaint. no armrest! this older model is better than the new ones they have out!

Hated this car!
By tbone2123 on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car was just totaled and that's the best thing that ever happened to us. We have spent so much money on it: engine, lock cylinder, window motors, etc, etc. There really is not much good that I can say about it. I looked it up on the Ford website and it was the second worst Ford ever made and the worst Focus ever made. It had over 100 recalls! Stay away from this car!

Long Lasting Car
By FocusOnWheels on 09/08/10 12:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I got the Focus in 2000. Other then it not having as bomb a sound system as the commercial made out it ran well and was a perfect tight handling city car. Great gas mileage. It wasn't until the care was 6 years old that it needed attention. (right after the warranty ended haha) I replaced the spark plugs, break pads and starter solenoid in the decade I've owned her. Not bad eh? I will say that at nearing 11 years old with 190,000. miles. on it. She's nearing retirement. But this was my first new car. It was a good experience, those to trash it on here might of got a lemon and had no sense to return theirs but overall, Ford Focus is a good line. For its time, 00 Focus was futuristic and fun.

Regular Car
By Regular Car on 07/07/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have bought from my uncle three months ago. Since this I had repair the water pump, and big problems with the electrical system, I have replaced the coil, crankshaft, and other problems with the fuse box. Too many issues for a little time. Ah, otherwise the mechanics complain because the space in the engine is very small, then the repair cost could be more expensive. Apart of that the car have a excellent exterior design, is very comfortable, and have a good performance.