Used 2000 Ford Focus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great commuter car.
By anthony224

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I owned my focus for awhile now and I am well over 200k miles and it still runs like new and can drive anywhere while still getting great gas mileage. On average I get about 29-30 with mixed driving. The car is very reliable and has never let me down the only things I needed to replace on it was the 14 year old brake booster and a radiator hose that dry rotted. As long as you maintain the fluids and drive the car normally it should last you 200k miles+. Enough room to comfortably fit 3 adults and a 4th with a little effort. The car does great in the snow with the right tiers on the front. If your looking for a nice affordable car for daily driving look no further.

The gas mileage, the car is very nimble around turns and the reliability is amazing and very practical to have year round.

The interior as stated on this website is kinda bland and and boring however it is very durable and easy to clean.

So far so good
By dperry25

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Got car in August 2011 with only 48,000 miles. 8 months and 10,000 miles later and I've had no issues. I have a pretty basic model with an automatic transmission. Gas mileage is good. Especially on the highway. I can fill the car up and the gauge doesn't even start to move for 78 miles. I've gotten a little over 370 miles to a tank with mixed city/highway driving. I've yet to drive it on a long trip but I'm sure it would easily go over 400 miles! My only concern with the car comes from what I read on the internet. I have the SOHC engine, aka SPI (split port injection) and according to the internet, they tend to drop valve seats. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me. I love my Focus.

I have the base model so this is kind of hard. The only features I have are cruise control, automatic transmission, and alloy wheels. that's it! No frills here. I like the car as a whole. Not a specific feature.

if the whole valve seat thing is true, then...yeah....that goes without saying. other than that, even base models should come standard with a tachometer and ABS. It's a 2000!

Very reliable vehicle!
By yermom123

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Very reliable! I have had my Ford Focus for 12 years and had never had a major problem! Awesome gas milage at 32 mpg. I am six foot 270 pounds and it is a very confortable for me. My kids who are 5 ft. 5in. and 5ft. 6in. sat in the back seat for three hours driving to detriot with no complants. Has 200,000 miles on it and it still runs good. For its age it is still very stylish. Takes my wife to work 30 miles a day and only have to fill up the gas tank once a week. I would strongly recommend this car. Just gave it away for a 2009 chevy tahoe

Sitting in the confortable seats!

None

Best car so far
By jagder

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2003 with 70000. I now has 282000 miles on it and still runs good. Original clutch and no major repairs of any kind. The only problems was front spring which was recall and some electrical harness issues due to salt spray. Other than this just wear and tear items normal with putting lots of miles on a car. I have looked at and rented the 2nd and 3rd Gen Focus and they just do not compare to how good the 1st Gen is.

Reliability and great gas mileage. Excellent manual transmission

Better corrosion prevention on rocker panel and spray shield to protect firewall area.

Loved it
By travis25

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I just want to start by saying i love my Ford Focus. Ive had the car for about a week, bought it used. I only have replaced very minor things such as the sway bar links, needs tires. But really the car is great, fun and easy to drive. I have heard all the "ohh its Ford" comments but really its a great little car, and great gas mileage!

Handling, and fun to drive