2000 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2000 Focus Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Great commuter car.
By anthony224

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I owned my focus for awhile now and I am well over 200k miles and it still runs like new and can drive anywhere while still getting great gas mileage. On average I get about 29-30 with mixed driving. The car is very reliable and has never let me down the only things I needed to replace on it was the 14 year old brake booster and a radiator hose that dry rotted. As long as you maintain the fluids and drive the car normally it should last you 200k miles+. Enough room to comfortably fit 3 adults and a 4th with a little effort. The car does great in the snow with the right tiers on the front. If your looking for a nice affordable car for daily driving look no further.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage, the car is very nimble around turns and the reliability is amazing and very practical to have year round.

Suggested Improvements

The interior as stated on this website is kinda bland and and boring however it is very durable and easy to clean.

So far so good
By dperry25

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Got car in August 2011 with only 48,000 miles. 8 months and 10,000 miles later and I've had no issues. I have a pretty basic model with an automatic transmission. Gas mileage is good. Especially on the highway. I can fill the car up and the gauge doesn't even start to move for 78 miles. I've gotten a little over 370 miles to a tank with mixed city/highway driving. I've yet to drive it on a long trip but I'm sure it would easily go over 400 miles! My only concern with the car comes from what I read on the internet. I have the SOHC engine, aka SPI (split port injection) and according to the internet, they tend to drop valve seats. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me. I love my Focus.

Favorite Features

I have the base model so this is kind of hard. The only features I have are cruise control, automatic transmission, and alloy wheels. that's it! No frills here. I like the car as a whole. Not a specific feature.

Suggested Improvements

if the whole valve seat thing is true, then...yeah....that goes without saying. other than that, even base models should come standard with a tachometer and ABS. It's a 2000!

Very reliable vehicle!
By yermom123

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Very reliable! I have had my Ford Focus for 12 years and had never had a major problem! Awesome gas milage at 32 mpg. I am six foot 270 pounds and it is a very confortable for me. My kids who are 5 ft. 5in. and 5ft. 6in. sat in the back seat for three hours driving to detriot with no complants. Has 200,000 miles on it and it still runs good. For its age it is still very stylish. Takes my wife to work 30 miles a day and only have to fill up the gas tank once a week. I would strongly recommend this car. Just gave it away for a 2009 chevy tahoe

Favorite Features

Sitting in the confortable seats!

Suggested Improvements

None

Best car so far
By jagder

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2003 with 70000. I now has 282000 miles on it and still runs good. Original clutch and no major repairs of any kind. The only problems was front spring which was recall and some electrical harness issues due to salt spray. Other than this just wear and tear items normal with putting lots of miles on a car. I have looked at and rented the 2nd and 3rd Gen Focus and they just do not compare to how good the 1st Gen is.

Favorite Features

Reliability and great gas mileage. Excellent manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

Better corrosion prevention on rocker panel and spray shield to protect firewall area.

Great car that holds up very well
By lillymom3

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Focus as my first car in 2003 with 43,000. We've had one big issue - which was an electrical issue. I think it was a glitch for it being the first model year.. but once that was figured out this car was a dream. Fast forward 9 years to a week ago. I was driving at highway speed when someone came into my lane, I avoided them, but lost control of the car - I hit the center barrier of the highway, spun across the highway, hit the sound wall on the right shoulder and landed in the right shoulder. Car was totaled, obviously, but held up with no major damage to the cabin, and I walked away with only minor injuries. I love that car more now than I did 10 years ago.

Loved it
By travis25

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I just want to start by saying i love my Ford Focus. Ive had the car for about a week, bought it used. I only have replaced very minor things such as the sway bar links, needs tires. But really the car is great, fun and easy to drive. I have heard all the "ohh its Ford" comments but really its a great little car, and great gas mileage!

Favorite Features

Handling, and fun to drive

Fun little car, I must say.
By darrylv

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got the car about two years ago, from my aunt who is possibly the worst car owner on the planet. The car was broken down, barely running, dirty, everything was broken. I got my hands on it, and about 1300 dollars later, it was running good. The best part about this car is how fun it is to drive. I can take off faster than half of the cars my friends have. The car feels alive, you can feel it. I just wish it was a little bit better quality. The interior is nice, but cheap. You can tell. The outside is styled well, but it's also made with some cheap-looking parts. It also feels like it won't be running so good in a few years. Who knows, it might last me forever.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, fast, lively engine, styled well for a 2000, awesome speakers

Suggested Improvements

cheap interior and exterior, mediocre build quality, back seat is cramped.

Happy to hear: Totaled
By ktgritz

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I had this car given to me by my dad and he said it was a good car. Well it might have been a good car when he had it but it seemed that from the time I took hold of the keys everything fell apart. First 100 miles struts break $600. 300 miles power steering pump $300. 500 miles wheel bearing $500. 1000 miles Transmission slips estimated $2000. luckily someone hit me and totaled it (no one was hurt) it always started rough. for your own sake don't buy it. if you do and keep it driving for a year you will put more repairs into it than it's worth. i bought a Grand Prix GT with the money much happier with it. more power + less repairs = happier customer

Favorite Features

gas mileage good stock stereo ok rear leg room for a small sedan trunk size outside looks fun to drive (when you can drive it)

Suggested Improvements

REDO EVERYTHING please

reliable, stylish, comfortable.
By leeann123

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I miss my Focus, I was in an accident with a chevy silverado last summer and she was totaled. The interior was nice, the seats were comfortable and I had no problems with it driving 1200 miles one way to visit family back east. My problems with my Focus were the fuel pump going out at about 110,000k, the air conditioner going out at 130,000, power locks going out at 120,000. As far as reliability, maybe I didn't have power locks there at the end but she took me to work every day for 6 years. I'd buy another focus, same color and year if i could find one. I am now in a 2003 vw beetle and boy do I miss my ford!

Favorite Features

nice interior, handles well, roomy for kids in back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Can't fit large drinks in cup holders

Takes a lot of abuse
By Joemisseshisfocus

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

A lot of people bash the focus for being an unreliable car. When I bought mine as a used car it had 87,000 miles on it, two and a half years later it had 188,000 miles on it, it was my first good car. It's fast, reliable, has a great suspension and a great stereo. I beat the wheels off of this car, I delivered pizza in it and did other things you should not do to a compact car in it, any other car would have not withstood the abuse I gave it. I sold it and it is being enjoyed by someone else today. Only complaint. no armrest! this older model is better than the new ones they have out!

Favorite Features

2.0 DOHC had great throttle response and good acceleration. Fantastic gas mileage, nice stiff suspension that hugged the road, good trunk space. Wonderful sound system.

Suggested Improvements

door locks need to be redesigned for the back doors, give the car an armrest