Used 2000 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great commuter car.
By anthony224

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I owned my focus for awhile now and I am well over 200k miles and it still runs like new and can drive anywhere while still getting great gas mileage. On average I get about 29-30 with mixed driving. The car is very reliable and has never let me down the only things I needed to replace on it was the 14 year old brake booster and a radiator hose that dry rotted. As long as you maintain the fluids and drive the car normally it should last you 200k miles+. Enough room to comfortably fit 3 adults and a 4th with a little effort. The car does great in the snow with the right tiers on the front. If your looking for a nice affordable car for daily driving look no further.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage, the car is very nimble around turns and the reliability is amazing and very practical to have year round.

Suggested Improvements

The interior as stated on this website is kinda bland and and boring however it is very durable and easy to clean.

So far so good
By dperry25

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Got car in August 2011 with only 48,000 miles. 8 months and 10,000 miles later and I've had no issues. I have a pretty basic model with an automatic transmission. Gas mileage is good. Especially on the highway. I can fill the car up and the gauge doesn't even start to move for 78 miles. I've gotten a little over 370 miles to a tank with mixed city/highway driving. I've yet to drive it on a long trip but I'm sure it would easily go over 400 miles! My only concern with the car comes from what I read on the internet. I have the SOHC engine, aka SPI (split port injection) and according to the internet, they tend to drop valve seats. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me. I love my Focus.

Favorite Features

I have the base model so this is kind of hard. The only features I have are cruise control, automatic transmission, and alloy wheels. that's it! No frills here. I like the car as a whole. Not a specific feature.

Suggested Improvements

if the whole valve seat thing is true, then...yeah....that goes without saying. other than that, even base models should come standard with a tachometer and ABS. It's a 2000!

Very reliable vehicle!
By yermom123

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Very reliable! I have had my Ford Focus for 12 years and had never had a major problem! Awesome gas milage at 32 mpg. I am six foot 270 pounds and it is a very confortable for me. My kids who are 5 ft. 5in. and 5ft. 6in. sat in the back seat for three hours driving to detriot with no complants. Has 200,000 miles on it and it still runs good. For its age it is still very stylish. Takes my wife to work 30 miles a day and only have to fill up the gas tank once a week. I would strongly recommend this car. Just gave it away for a 2009 chevy tahoe

Favorite Features

Sitting in the confortable seats!

Suggested Improvements

None

Best car so far
By jagder

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2003 with 70000. I now has 282000 miles on it and still runs good. Original clutch and no major repairs of any kind. The only problems was front spring which was recall and some electrical harness issues due to salt spray. Other than this just wear and tear items normal with putting lots of miles on a car. I have looked at and rented the 2nd and 3rd Gen Focus and they just do not compare to how good the 1st Gen is.

Favorite Features

Reliability and great gas mileage. Excellent manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

Better corrosion prevention on rocker panel and spray shield to protect firewall area.

Great car that holds up very well
By lillymom3

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Focus as my first car in 2003 with 43,000. We've had one big issue - which was an electrical issue. I think it was a glitch for it being the first model year.. but once that was figured out this car was a dream. Fast forward 9 years to a week ago. I was driving at highway speed when someone came into my lane, I avoided them, but lost control of the car - I hit the center barrier of the highway, spun across the highway, hit the sound wall on the right shoulder and landed in the right shoulder. Car was totaled, obviously, but held up with no major damage to the cabin, and I walked away with only minor injuries. I love that car more now than I did 10 years ago.