Used 2000 Ford Focus ZTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

So-so car
By MacBopb

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Less than 90k miles and have replaced radiator, plastic thermostat housing twice, both cooling fan motors, relay switches, now ac compressor quit. Not half as good a car as my Toyota Corolla. Power of motor is adequate.

Favorite Features

Styling of ZTS, interior, decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Too many cheap plastic parts. Better reliability.

A few problems here & there.
By KaitlynK383

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car from a used car dealership. It's been pretty good. I keep having trouble with it's engine though. Somehow the tps sensor, or something like that isn't reading anything from my engine. So my acceleration reallly really stinks right now. My horn also stopped working--not good, at all. I had a little problem a couple months ago with my abs--it ended up to be a loose wiring problem. Which has been happening a lot. Other than that, I love my Ford Focus. I think it is acting up just cause it has a lot of miles on it. It gets really good gas mileage. I drive it a lot. And I still only have to fill it up, on average every 1 and a half weeks.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Interior is beautiful. Heating, a/c is good. ABS is pretty good. Power locks & windows. CD & radio. Brakes are really good in my car usually. Lots of trunk space. The car is very roomy for how small it is.

Suggested Improvements

Not much to say, but I would definitly like more defense in weather conditions. I'm from ohio, and weather can be unbearable. I would like better control in really bad weather conditions. Which my Focus tends to lack.

Better than your average econobox
By cwfol

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

My ZTS handles great. It corners like crazy. I drive very fast to and from work everyday, and am happy with its reliability considering this. I know there are a lot of complaints out there about reliability, but I wonder if my luck has anything to do with letting the engine warm up with 1-2 minutes of idling every time I cold start.

Favorite Features

Very painless recall services. Replacement parts and labor can be had pretty cheaply.

Suggested Improvements

I need more power without added weight. An underdrive pulley helps. I want a cold-air intake next, and to get it lowered a little.

My Focus
By chainmail

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

My Focus has given me excellent driving pleasure for 6 years. When delivered it had a small oil leak in the transmission casing. The dealer replaced it and I have had no trouble

Favorite Features

Seat position - makes getting in and out very easy. Driving - it is nimble and responsive to quick steering changes.

Suggested Improvements

It could be quieter. There is a bit of wind noise mainly coming from the side view mirrors.

Avoid at all cost
By Angry Qt

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Focus in 2001 with 33,000 miles and had no problems for the first 6 months; from then on it's been down hill. Recall on the rear wheel bearings, recall on the battery cable that also blew my alternator and battery, all 4 power window mechanisms have broken ($500), the brake job cost $500 because you have to get new rotors EVERY TIME -- they can't be machined, the cooling system needed extensive repair ($2000-$3000), the electrical control for the air conditioner broke ($379), the CD player broke, haven't gotten that repaired yet, the ignition cylinder locked closed so I couldn't put the key in -- $1000 plus tow, and the trunk lock broke ($700). To make it short, over $7,000 in repairs thus far.

Favorite Features

None. Everything has broken.

Suggested Improvements

NEVER buy a Ford let alone a Focus.