2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
So-so car
By MacBopb on 09/16/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Less than 90k miles and have replaced radiator, plastic thermostat housing twice, both cooling fan motors, relay switches, now ac compressor quit. Not half as good a car as my Toyota Corolla. Power of motor is adequate.

A few problems here & there.
By KaitlynK383 on 12/21/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car from a used car dealership. It's been pretty good. I keep having trouble with it's engine though. Somehow the tps sensor, or something like that isn't reading anything from my engine. So my acceleration reallly really stinks right now. My horn also stopped working--not good, at all. I had a little problem a couple months ago with my abs--it ended up to be a loose wiring problem. Which has been happening a lot. Other than that, I love my Ford Focus. I think it is acting up just cause it has a lot of miles on it. It gets really good gas mileage. I drive it a lot. And I still only have to fill it up, on average every 1 and a half weeks.

Better than your average econobox
By cwfol on 03/05/07 10:46 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

My ZTS handles great. It corners like crazy. I drive very fast to and from work everyday, and am happy with its reliability considering this. I know there are a lot of complaints out there about reliability, but I wonder if my luck has anything to do with letting the engine warm up with 1-2 minutes of idling every time I cold start.

My Focus
By chainmail on 08/21/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

My Focus has given me excellent driving pleasure for 6 years. When delivered it had a small oil leak in the transmission casing. The dealer replaced it and I have had no trouble

Avoid at all cost
By Angry Qt on 08/07/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Focus in 2001 with 33,000 miles and had no problems for the first 6 months; from then on it's been down hill. Recall on the rear wheel bearings, recall on the battery cable that also blew my alternator and battery, all 4 power window mechanisms have broken ($500), the brake job cost $500 because you have to get new rotors EVERY TIME -- they can't be machined, the cooling system needed extensive repair ($2000-$3000), the electrical control for the air conditioner broke ($379), the CD player broke, haven't gotten that repaired yet, the ignition cylinder locked closed so I couldn't put the key in -- $1000 plus tow, and the trunk lock broke ($700). To make it short, over $7,000 in repairs thus far.

Nice Car with some problems
By L.A. Driver on 07/19/05 12:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I'm a first-time buyer and I purchased this car used. Within the 1st month, water kept fogging up the headlights (dealer wanted to charge me $300). I've had to replace the brakes twice in 2 years, and the brake pedal squeaks (loudly), had two recalls, and it rattles, and it produces too much brake dust. The interior side panel broke already and the latch on the passenger seat broke so you can't adjust seating anymore. While some of these problems can be rather annoying, I still love the car. I broke the family tradition of buying only Japanese cars when I got this one.

2000 Ford Focus 4dr ZTS
By Rick on 07/02/05 15:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Never had a problem with the car. Though I have received 7 recalls that were repaired. Average 26 mpg/33 mpg highway. Could use about 30 more hp. Car is tight and quick to respond. Fun to drive but does have too much road noise making normal conversations at 65 mph difficult.

I hate this car
By dunndee on 01/05/05 10:27 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I am in the process of looking for a different car. I have had nothing but problems from this car from day one, and I bought it brand new. Tires, ignition, fuel pump, fuel lines, stereo, brakes, paint chipping, gas door, you name it, I have had it. Like other reviewers said, Ford does not care. I know it was the first year for this car, but they should fix what they have done wrong. It also has no power when air is on.

Worst Car Ever. Avoid this vihicle.
By Triumph on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This is the most recalled vehicle in history. I get about a recall a month on this piece of junk. The rear wheel bearings have been replaced twice. The ingnition lock has siezed up twice. Each time, the key would not even go into the ingintion. I found 30 pages of people on the internet who have had the same problem, yet Ford refuses to issue yet another recall to fix it for free, and felt just great about charging me $500 to fix the ignition. Now the water pump has developed a leak. All of this in less than 4 years.

A great U.S.A. built car
By mboedy on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I drive this car 55 miles one way to work. For 85000 miles there have been no problems-just maintenance like filters, tires, and brakes. I have the leather seats, cd player, and whatever else comes on the ZTS. This is a huge step up from the Escort I was using for a work car, and in fact I actually declared when I bought it "This is way too nice for a work car". This is a great commuter car, and is much more stylish than the rest of this class. I plan on driving this car another couple hundred thousand miles, since my previous Escorts all surpassed 250000 miles without any major work. This is a great car!

1 2 3 4 5 next »