2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual w/EcoBoost - (5 reviews )
Pocket. Rocket.
By aupod9 on 12/11/14 07:28 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow. I switched from Mini Cooper S to a Focus ST with 202A package, Grey Rims, Moonroof (fully loaded). Obviously have more space and some better entertainment features as well. The Cooper handled slightly better but the ST has much more power. Have had no issues with the car, I've had it about a year and have put 23K miles on it. I did put winter tires on this season, which makes a huge difference, and I highly recommend. I'm getting around 27 MPG with mixed city/highway miles. The car is very well made and feels rock solid, this is not your base line Focus. Recaro seats are amazing, they are comfy, and I don't move doing 60 on "S" curves.

first American car since I was a teen and surprizingly satisfied
By nhzoom on 11/21/14 11:43 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It was between the 2015 GTI and the 2014 focus ST. After long and hard thought, research, and numerous test-drives, I got the Focus ST 3 with all options (except moon roof). I--as well as all so far, who have had a ride in and seen the car--am surprised at the design and build quality of the ST. It did out-perform the GTI but was a close race. I had a Mazdaspeed 3 before getting this ST and, I really am happy thus far. I havea tuxedo black with grey rado wheels and red brake calipers and I'm getting a lot of compliments and many can't believe it's a Focus. The all-leather heated Racaro seats are really great!! ...I mean, really great.

Amazing bang for your buck.
By alanhawk on 11/12/14 19:26 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had the car for almost nine months and five thousand miles now resulting in the opinion that I do indeed like the car. Car handles great, the ST3 Recaro seats feel amazing (as does the heat when it is cold) and everything fits together well. Everyone that has gone for a ride in it is surprised at how nice the interior is. People walking by tell me how much they like the Performance Blue (blurple) and overall look of the car. Traded in a modded 350Z for it and I don't feel like I've really given up anything and gained far more than just torque steer.

Great so far, and huge improvement over 2012 Focus SE
By puzman on 01/30/14 11:19 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded my 2012 Focus SE Hatchback 5 sp manual on the 2014 Focus ST with ST3 package (full leather Recaros). The difference is night and day- it feels like a completely different car. There is ample power and huge amounts of torque, even very low on the tach, and zero turbo lag. Steering, shifting, braking, and handling are all very tight and quick. While the 2012 felt reasonably solid, it did have a few rattles. The 2014 on the other hand feels like a bank vault- rock solid and dead quiet. The performance is stunning (other than a bit of torque steer when the throttle is pinned), I'm averaging 26 mpg in the dead of winter, and it's a very quiet and docile daily driver.

Great Car
By manniax on 12/09/13 16:20 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus ST Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Deceptively sporty, I like it because it takes off like a rocket but won't get you pulled over either. If you're a larger person there's still decent headroom (I'm 6'3") but the Recaro seats might be a little uncomfortable on long drives. It's a really great ride though and very well designed. Very suitable for use as a daily driving vehicle. If you regularly carry four people though, you should probably consider something larger - not a ton of legroom in the rear seat.