New car
By roverly on
2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I purchased this car new off the lot and love just about everything about it. Considering my previous car was an 06 Cobalt SS with a little over 300hp I can say without a doubt this car hits the mark for me. The electronic torque-steer assist is a blessing in my opinion and because the car is so quiet at driving speed the sound at WOT is just that much more exciting. The controls seem a little overwhelming for someone that went from a "prehistoric" design that you can find in the cobalt but realistically this car was built for the new generation and it shows. Also, the ride quality without the Recaros is extremely nice. Just remember the car was developed to handle so road feel is a given.
Favorite Features
The initial thing that I noticed about this car is just how comfortable the seats are. The controls for the radio, trip, phone, etc. are nicely placed and easy to use. I like that ford went with a smaller steering well and the turning radius is incredible compared to other vehicles that I have driven. Road noise is nonexistent and the car has plenty of power so constantly shifting while in traffic is not necessary which makes it a relaxing ride. Blind spots are nonexistent for this car but it does feel big to me considering its the first hatchback that I've ever owned. Great design all and all, Ford really nailed this one.
Suggested Improvements
AWD would be nice considering it is sold overseas but I can see why they don't do it. I would most likely assume the price would make it a hard sale in the states. The clutch feel is a little odd in my car and I noticed when really going through the gears its like the peddle is delayed on the return? Considering the car is a turbo ford should have focused on making the turbo a little louder rather than focusing on the sound symposer but I'm glad they put so much effort into trying to satisfy the customer.