Used 2013 Ford Focus ST Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus ST - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus ST

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual w/EcoBoost - (18 reviews )

Affordable performance
By thommills

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A great test of a performance car is driving on Italian roads. You pretty much get everything thrown at you, from super fast autostrade winding thru the mountains, extremely narrow roads with severe switchbacks, and fun sweepers thru Tuscany. Those are the places I've been driving my 2013 ST (the base model), from the Dolomites to the Amalfi Coast, and chasing a souped up Megane up the side of Vesuvius (and over taking him). This car does all of it well. It's engine is remarkable, the stearing precise, and the transmission a joy. Any complaints I have are usually over shadowed by the fun of driving this car. Point it exactly where you want to go and it will, happily.

Love my ST
By pastracer

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have owned since 4/13 and have 16K fun miles already. Lots of highway and in traffic miles. Love the way you pick a gear with smooth shifting gear box, punch and go. This from someone who owned a Z06 Vette for 8 years. With hwy miles I avg 29 mpg overall. Overall quality is solid. Have full option set, Recaros, sunroof, Navi, etc. still under $30k

While I love driving it the fact that I can haul 8 foot pieces of lumber is really cool. One day at Lowes the employees said that wife and I would never get all the stuff we had in. They were wrong! Fast, slick and it hauls stuff too, what's not to like? Oh BTW I am 69 years old.

Tough to say. Maybe some graphics options.

Great car, Horrible execution, Horrible customer service and Horrible dealer network.
By azrcd

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My car: an early build (02/03/2013) ST2 trim with Nav and without sunroof. This is a really fun car to drive. Performance, a solid "good", but when factoring in the whole vs it's competition I think it's a "great." The interior layout needs improvements and storage for the driver. HOWEVER, I've had quality issues and workmanship issues with the car from day one. The car has been out of service appox. 100 days since I took delivery on Feb. 13 (today is 9/14/2013). The car came out of the factory with a miss aligned drivers door. Unfortunately I don't have the space here to give full details, but Ford Customer Service has not been responsive in actually address the issues and I'm very upset.

I like the seats, they are "racecar tight." so keep this in mind. Also, power band is meaty and excellent torque with almost no lag makes for great response. The Sound Symposer sounds artificial when switching on and off, but I like the way it sounds when it's active. Also, it has the creature comforts you come to want from a car like one touch up AND down on ALL windows. Also, auto HVAC.

Man where to start? So many things? Lets start with quality control, there isn't any! The car is executed really well which makes flaws and quality issues so much worse. Two is interior layout, want to see a design that wastes space, check this one out. Cup holders a horrible, no adjustment for size and terrible location. No storage bin where you can toss your phone or whatever easily, there is a tiny bin under the center armrest, but no bin below the HVAC controls like most cars have. Finally, they clearly designed the car to have a space-saving spare and then decided on a full size. This means when you fold the rear seats even though everything is flat, there is about a 4in difference.

Owned for 3 months
By joescool2008

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

2013 Focus St Tuxedo Black with ST2 trim package. Love the recaros in the car, everyone at my work thinks it's a race car essentially. Handling is very crisp and exiciting anytime I see twisty roads the car teases you to HAMMER down and hear the brrrrrrrrrrrruuuuup noise it produces. Turbo is lagless, cannot tell it's turbocharged almost. The power is on at 2k and holds to redline for me. Day to day driving it's very good on gas and the 6 speed allows me to shift into 6th gear at 35mph without being boggy.
Motor mounts from the factory were a bit too soft for the power this car lays down, however ford has parts on order and a redesign to fix that.

Power, Torque vectoring system, recaro seats, and upscale interior. Great phone connectivity. (Iphone4).

Stiffer motor mounts. Better cup holders.

Motivation to drive
By motorrad1

I love my little ST3.
I tested everything in this class (Mazdaspeed3, WRX, GTI, Rallyart etc.) and bought the Ford because I found it had the best balance of ride and handling, best fuel economy and was overall the best value.
I highly recommend the Recaros that come with the ST3, they don’t have the car color inserts but instead are all black leather, heated and just the a great place to enjoy what this car has to offer. I’m 6’1” 180lbs and they fit me perfectly. What is astounding to me is this car’s ability to match what I’m doing at any instant.
It goes from a smooth, quiet, friendly little commuter to a raging lunatic at will. The power delivery is linear, direct and controllable.

Drivetrain, handling, ride quality, build quality.

Errr, um, well, I uh........... how about an RS version with all wheel drive maybe?