2013 Ford Focus ST Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus ST - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual w/EcoBoost - (15 reviews )
my new Focus ST
By craig367 on 01/26/13 13:26 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Really nice car, well built and fun to drive. Shifter is smooth with excellent position and clutch has a good feel. I kept the price down with a base model and sun roof the only extra. This avoids the Ford My Touch complications and the base seats are fine. Of course the Recaros have more sex appeal, but I needed to save a little. I drive it in the Northeast so I added all season tires as it's a daily driver. If you want a hatch with a manual tranny; this is the car.

Denver to LA and Back - ST3 is Excellent
By mark331 on 12/30/12 11:39 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun, Practical, Comfortable - Even after 2 fifteen hour days, I still want to get into the car just to drive it! Driving this car is addicting. The car pull the passes in 6th gear, no need to shift. It still has torque to spare so even when someone cuts you off, you can still accelerate. Just unbelievable. When taking a turn too fast in the snow, the stability system allows the back end swing out a bit. Then apply power and the car pulls strait. Too much fun. I will have to take it to a tack when I put back on the summer tires. That sums it up with this car - it's performance exceeds what you can use on the street, but it hasn't sacrificed comfort or refinement.

Focus ST
By vooch on 12/09/12 11:47 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'd say the Focus ST is a split between the GTI and what I've heard of the MPS 3. I've owned a GTI but I have not owned a MPS 3. I use the GTI as a baseline against the Focus. The GTI is definitely more refined. The best thing about the car is the powertrain for sure. Everything else is secondary. The reason I got it was because hatches are way more utilitarian than trunks, for the size of the car. Americans don't seem to understand that. Also the gas mileage is better than what I'm coming from (Genesis Coupe v6), and I already owned a GTI.

Very Nice Hot-hatch
By nepaforte on 11/20/12 12:55 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a Base Focus ST without any additional options. My main concern was to have bluetooth connectivity as an option which the car comes standard with. As far as the interior is concerned, it's slightly cramped compared to rivals and does not have as much "cubby" space as other cars. This can be averted though through getting the ST2 package trim. The materials are all soft touch and feel like they are from higher quality car. The ride and road noise are fantastic for this car. Any outside noise (including tire noise) is very muted and the ride while firm and somewhat busy, abosrbs manholes and bridge joints beautifully. The engine is powerful and handling spot on as well!

The 1st 500 Miles
By flybigrc on 11/20/12 10:00 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After almost three months of waiting on the car to be built due to delays in parts the car arrived. I ordered my Performance Blue ST with the ST3 package and a moon roof which means it came with everything. Its a very spacious car for a compact and comfortably seats four adults. The Recaro Seats in the front take a little getting used to but are very comfortable. The 6 speed manual which is standard is one of the best manuals I ever driven (a 1968 Corvette, a 72 pinto, 92 storm, 04 Corvette, you get the idea I've driven a few manuals). The Turbo really does provide the extra punch to make this car really fun to drive. GAS MILEAGE so far 25 combined MPG (80% highway) 87 octane.