2013 Ford Focus ST - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual w/EcoBoost - (13 reviews )
Affordable performance
By thommills on 04/09/14 08:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A great test of a performance car is driving on Italian roads. You pretty much get everything thrown at you, from super fast autostrade winding thru the mountains, extremely narrow roads with severe switchbacks, and fun sweepers thru Tuscany. Those are the places I've been driving my 2013 ST (the base model), from the Dolomites to the Amalfi Coast, and chasing a souped up Megane up the side of Vesuvius (and over taking him). This car does all of it well. It's engine is remarkable, the stearing precise, and the transmission a joy. Any complaints I have are usually over shadowed by the fun of driving this car. Point it exactly where you want to go and it will, happily.

Love my ST
By pastracer on 11/08/13 07:02 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have owned since 4/13 and have 16K fun miles already. Lots of highway and in traffic miles. Love the way you pick a gear with smooth shifting gear box, punch and go. This from someone who owned a Z06 Vette for 8 years. With hwy miles I avg 29 mpg overall. Overall quality is solid. Have full option set, Recaros, sunroof, Navi, etc. still under $30k

Great car, Horrible execution, Horrible customer service and Horrible dealer network.
By azrcd on 09/14/13 07:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My car: an early build (02/03/2013) ST2 trim with Nav and without sunroof. This is a really fun car to drive. Performance, a solid "good", but when factoring in the whole vs it's competition I think it's a "great." The interior layout needs improvements and storage for the driver. HOWEVER, I've had quality issues and workmanship issues with the car from day one. The car has been out of service appox. 100 days since I took delivery on Feb. 13 (today is 9/14/2013). The car came out of the factory with a miss aligned drivers door. Unfortunately I don't have the space here to give full details, but Ford Customer Service has not been responsive in actually address the issues and I'm very upset.

Owned for 3 months
By joescool2008 on 08/16/13 15:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

2013 Focus St Tuxedo Black with ST2 trim package. Love the recaros in the car, everyone at my work thinks it's a race car essentially. Handling is very crisp and exiciting anytime I see twisty roads the car teases you to HAMMER down and hear the brrrrrrrrrrrruuuuup noise it produces. Turbo is lagless, cannot tell it's turbocharged almost. The power is on at 2k and holds to redline for me. Day to day driving it's very good on gas and the 6 speed allows me to shift into 6th gear at 35mph without being boggy. Motor mounts from the factory were a bit too soft for the power this car lays down, however ford has parts on order and a redesign to fix that.

Motivation to drive
By motorrad1 on 07/07/13 22:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my little ST3. I tested everything in this class (Mazdaspeed3, WRX, GTI, Rallyart etc.) and bought the Ford because I found it had the best balance of ride and handling, best fuel economy and was overall the best value. I highly recommend the Recaros that come with the ST3, they don’t have the car color inserts but instead are all black leather, heated and just the a great place to enjoy what this car has to offer. I’m 6’1” 180lbs and they fit me perfectly. What is astounding to me is this car’s ability to match what I’m doing at any instant. It goes from a smooth, quiet, friendly little commuter to a raging lunatic at will. The power delivery is linear, direct and controllable.

New car
By roverly on 07/07/13 03:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car new off the lot and love just about everything about it. Considering my previous car was an 06 Cobalt SS with a little over 300hp I can say without a doubt this car hits the mark for me. The electronic torque-steer assist is a blessing in my opinion and because the car is so quiet at driving speed the sound at WOT is just that much more exciting. The controls seem a little overwhelming for someone that went from a "prehistoric" design that you can find in the cobalt but realistically this car was built for the new generation and it shows. Also, the ride quality without the Recaros is extremely nice. Just remember the car was developed to handle so road feel is a given.

Freeway Steering Difficult
By atlantast on 05/27/13 10:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First of all, I love my new ST2. My only complaint, and I'm not sure if this is the car or the Goodyear Asymmetrical 2 tires, is that while driving on the highway at normal cruising speeds the car seems to pull and drift in both directions. Not the yaw or the alignment but I can't keep it pointed straight. When I ever so slightly move the steering wheel to compensate the car over compensates and I find it drifting in the other direction. Is this a calibration problem? Tire problem? It makes for some really uncomfortable highway driving..like I'm fighting the steering wheel.

LOVE THIS CAR
By aeryn7 on 02/15/13 22:50 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Did a lot of research on hatchbacks, read all these rave reviews about this little hot hatch. They are totally spot on. BMW quality interior, smooth shifter, no turbo lag at all, I don't have any issues with torque steer, I laugh out loud when I'm taking a curve. It's a fast car, but I find it also a perfectly well behaved commuter car. You can take it easy or drive it hard. After owning M3s, S4s, and a 911 I can say this is a very respectable performer and dollar for dollar an amazing value. Can't believe what Ford has done with this car, bravo to the engineers.

my new Focus ST
By craig367 on 01/26/13 13:26 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Really nice car, well built and fun to drive. Shifter is smooth with excellent position and clutch has a good feel. I kept the price down with a base model and sun roof the only extra. This avoids the Ford My Touch complications and the base seats are fine. Of course the Recaros have more sex appeal, but I needed to save a little. I drive it in the Northeast so I added all season tires as it's a daily driver. If you want a hatch with a manual tranny; this is the car.

Denver to LA and Back - ST3 is Excellent
By mark331 on 12/30/12 11:39 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun, Practical, Comfortable - Even after 2 fifteen hour days, I still want to get into the car just to drive it! Driving this car is addicting. The car pull the passes in 6th gear, no need to shift. It still has torque to spare so even when someone cuts you off, you can still accelerate. Just unbelievable. When taking a turn too fast in the snow, the stability system allows the back end swing out a bit. Then apply power and the car pulls strait. Too much fun. I will have to take it to a tack when I put back on the summer tires. That sums it up with this car - it's performance exceeds what you can use on the street, but it hasn't sacrificed comfort or refinement.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Focus ST in NJ is:

$224 per month*