Used 2013 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Love my flex!!!
By michael Long

2013 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is amazing, I bought it because I just had twins and needed a 3rd row for the addition to our family. Plenty of room, great options and I love the appearance package. The looks of this car are not for everyone but if you can get past it, that's the biggest hurdle. Everything else about this car is great. Ecoboost power is amazing, Vista sunroof makes everyone's day. Power folding seat make hauling a breeze, towing package and backup camera make driving an ease. Even the refrigerator in the 2nd row console is great for keeping your kids drinks nice and cold. I love my flex and will be buying another one after I'm done with thus one.

Wife loves it kids hate it
By Mark

2013 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car is wonderful, except third row seat is cramped and hard to access.

Great car
By jasons78

2013 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car over the weekend and tried a few different cars, including the CX 5, the Equniox, the Murano, the Durango and both the Ford FLEX 2012 and 2013. I loved the Flex for it's quite ride and great handling. Of the vehicles I tested the Flex and the Equinox had the most comfortable ride and of those 2 I preferred both the price and options on the Flex. The Flex has a long wheelbase - think Chevy Suburban long - which helps absorb the bumps. On the road I have found the Flex to be quite and easy to drive, it does not drift when you let go of the steering.
The Flex is not the quickest from a stop, but it has plenty of passing power with good visibility. The 2013 steers smoother

I personally like the ability to use the climate control from the steering wheel as well as check gas mileage and trip infromation. A handy feature and easy to use.

I would like to see the instruction manual made clearer and easier to understand. I am a first time car owner and a dummy guide to owning the car would be really helpfull, preferably with clear, color and large illustrations.

Appearance Package worth every penny
By dmoyer5001

2013 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking at a couple SUV's and the Explorer was the last one on my list.
Having owned a Scion xB in the past the salesman said I should look at the flex and I am so glad I did!
Gets better gas mileage, better price, less money for more and I LOVE the appearance package.
I opted for the SEL, Nav, 201A package, Ruby Red with black roof, tow hitch, and Appearance package.
MSRP: $38,550.
With the free Appearance package incentive, rebates, and some negotiation I paid just under $34K.
I never thought I could get such a loaded SUV/crossover for such a great price.
Super happy with the look and the spacious interior. Love all the feature of the Sync system!

Look of the Appearance package. My friends thought I bought aftermarket rims and did a custom paint job on the car. It looks very high end and I get complements all the time. When the flex first came out in 2009 I thought it was lame. Now I feel as if I am rocking a land rover. Love heated seats, Parking sensors/backup camera, Navigation, the phone sync features and bluetooth playback. Love power tailgate! Interior is also very stylish and looks and feels high end. The only other car I felt rivaled it was the Pathfinder. When 3rd row is up there is a extra pocket of space (Like most minivans have) this makes a big difference in how much you can store back there with 7.

Sliding 2nd row seats. There is sooo much legroom in the second row you feel like you are in a limo. If you could scoot those seats forward a couple inches the 3rd row would also be very comfortable. I am 6'2" and it was tight when I sat back there, if there was some more room this would really improve the car. Keys are Gigantic. I know you can get the push button start is you get the limited but I would suggest a folding key for the SEL and SE like Mazda and VW does. I wish you could set the sensitivity of the touch screen. When you go from using a smartphone all day, the amount of pressure you need to push a button feels too hard. Add spoiler to Appearance package.

not another minivan!
By fireman0175

2013 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We got rid of an Odyssey after 12 years and bought the Edge.
Had it for two years and found it too small for 4 and a dog.
Checked out the Flex one day and it was really a pleasant surprise.
Big seats that heat and cool, powerful engine for passing.
AWD for the snow and ice we have.
It rides like a heavy car use to ride, but handles like a dream.
Drove in two mountain passes with 4-5 inches of unplowed snow at 28 degrees.
No slush and it handled well.
I did notice some slipping in corners, but I was going fast for the conditions.
It corrected itself well.
Kids are almost 6' and have super leg room in the rear.

2nd row seat have lots of leg room. Adaptive cruise control is awesome. heated and cooled seats. Looks cool! easy to use Sync System. I've been using it for 2 years and find it easy once you learn what is where. I also like the navigation portion. Oh, and the parallel parking feature... pretty cool too. I was chicken to try it out, but it works great. Capless gas cap is nice.

ability to turn off notification items like the horn honking when I step outside the car with it running and the FOB in my pocket. Mirrors that fold and open automatically with the car ignition.