2013 Ford Flex Consumer Review: not another minivan!

2013 Ford Flex - Consumer Review

Limited Wagon (3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic w/EcoBoost)

not another minivan!
By fireman0175 on

2013 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We got rid of an Odyssey after 12 years and bought the Edge. Had it for two years and found it too small for 4 and a dog. Checked out the Flex one day and it was really a pleasant surprise. Big seats that heat and cool, powerful engine for passing. AWD for the snow and ice we have. It rides like a heavy car use to ride, but handles like a dream. Drove in two mountain passes with 4-5 inches of unplowed snow at 28 degrees. No slush and it handled well. I did notice some slipping in corners, but I was going fast for the conditions. It corrected itself well. Kids are almost 6' and have super leg room in the rear.

2nd row seat have lots of leg room. Adaptive cruise control is awesome. heated and cooled seats. Looks cool! easy to use Sync System. I've been using it for 2 years and find it easy once you learn what is where. I also like the navigation portion. Oh, and the parallel parking feature... pretty cool too. I was chicken to try it out, but it works great. Capless gas cap is nice.

ability to turn off notification items like the horn honking when I step outside the car with it running and the FOB in my pocket. Mirrors that fold and open automatically with the car ignition.