Appearance Package worth every penny
By dmoyer5001 on
2013 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I was looking at a couple SUV's and the Explorer was the last one on my list. Having owned a Scion xB in the past the salesman said I should look at the flex and I am so glad I did! Gets better gas mileage, better price, less money for more and I LOVE the appearance package. I opted for the SEL, Nav, 201A package, Ruby Red with black roof, tow hitch, and Appearance package. MSRP: $38,550. With the free Appearance package incentive, rebates, and some negotiation I paid just under $34K. I never thought I could get such a loaded SUV/crossover for such a great price. Super happy with the look and the spacious interior. Love all the feature of the Sync system!
Favorite Features
Look of the Appearance package. My friends thought I bought aftermarket rims and did a custom paint job on the car. It looks very high end and I get complements all the time. When the flex first came out in 2009 I thought it was lame. Now I feel as if I am rocking a land rover. Love heated seats, Parking sensors/backup camera, Navigation, the phone sync features and bluetooth playback. Love power tailgate! Interior is also very stylish and looks and feels high end. The only other car I felt rivaled it was the Pathfinder. When 3rd row is up there is a extra pocket of space (Like most minivans have) this makes a big difference in how much you can store back there with 7.
Suggested Improvements
Sliding 2nd row seats. There is sooo much legroom in the second row you feel like you are in a limo. If you could scoot those seats forward a couple inches the 3rd row would also be very comfortable. I am 6'2" and it was tight when I sat back there, if there was some more room this would really improve the car. Keys are Gigantic. I know you can get the push button start is you get the limited but I would suggest a folding key for the SEL and SE like Mazda and VW does. I wish you could set the sensitivity of the touch screen. When you go from using a smartphone all day, the amount of pressure you need to push a button feels too hard. Add spoiler to Appearance package.