Used 2012 Ford Flex Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Flex Wagon

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

2012 Flex with 55k miles
By Browder.ba@gmail.com

2012 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the car for one year, the only reason we bought it was because my wife and I had twins. Well 55k miles into the car and only 4 years old and the rack and pinion has to be replaced. Its not covered under the powertrain warrant so my wife and I are out $1k. Thanks Ford POS. Ill never buy one again. The car wasnt cheap to start as its a limited. Ive NEVER owned a car that has needed a major repair like this that had less than100k miles.

2012 Flex Limited
By 2012_flex

2012 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My work takes me all over the southern half of Florida, averaging about 500 miles per week... I needed good gas mileage!
I have three children (one who is over six feet tall) and we like to take road trips... I needed comfort and "real" seating space.
I wanted quality and unique style... I did not want every other look-alike "euro-bubble" design. After very exhaustively researching all of the brands that met my requirements, I arrived at the Ford Flex - Limited. The drive is smooth with plenty of power, the ride is quiet and somewhat firm, the seats are very well designed and comfortable, and the fit and finish of the interior (and exterior) is excellent. Driving American and proud of it!

Great ride, very roomy interior (even the second and third rows), well appointed. Fits my family of five with comfort and ease, and is very good on economy. I have been averaging 22.5 MPG in a combination of 40% city and 60% highway driving. Also, love the unique style!

Would like to see Michelin, Firestone or Goodyear as standard.

Another great Ford Flex
By charliedee

Purchased 09 Ford Flex Limited in 2009. Loved it,
but traded for 2011 Ford Explorer when rumors were that Ford was going to discontinue Flex.
Had nothing but probs with my touch on the Explorer, traded for 2011 Ford Titanium. Due to oversized wheels and tires, it drove like a lumber wagon. Check with dealer on smaller wheels/tires, made me a better deal on 2012 Flex Limited. Had 2012 on lot, I drove it, huge difference in ride from Titanium. Have since order 2012 Flex Limited, anxiously awaiting delivery.
P.S.-It is not my habit to trade this often, but have been offered great deals from my dealer.
I know the deals are real, as I am a retired auto sale rep. (30+ years).

Best, navi system on the market, I believe also is the largest navi screen. Excellent ride quality, 2nd row leg room is second to none. Vista roof is great! Have gotten 24 mpg regularly highway (FWD) on 09 Flex. Had 09 for 2 years, in shop only for routine maintenance.

Would like to have have turn signals on external mirrors.