2012 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Nicest Car ive owned
By jthorpe1576 on 04/16/14 09:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Anyone who knows me would be surprised I am leaving a review. I love cars and have had alot of them. But this is the most luxurious boat I have ever owned. I bought it for my wife as a surprise with 26k miles on it SEL leather, the works. Went to pick it up having never looked at it or driven one and I couldn't believe it. Im 6'5" tall and I have more room in the front and second row then any car I have been in. A 7 series BMW is probably the closet thing in back seat room. UNREAL! Having 2 kids in car seats, we got the captain chairs in the middle row. GREAT IDEA. My wife averages about 18mpg all city, and on trips we get 24mpg hwy. Its not turbo but has PLENTY of power for a 6cyl.

Not your Father's station wagon
By dogbettor on 11/28/12 10:09 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my new 2012 Flex SEL three months ago. My last two cars were Lincoln Towncars. I was shopping for a Minivan Crossover SUV station wagon or a reasonable facsimile. While at an Infinity dealer I spotted and drove a used Flex that they had on their lot. The ride was the best I had driven including the Infinity and Lexus models. So I went to the Ford dealer. The inventory of Flex models numbered 3, while the Edge offerings were more than 30, the Explorer more than 20. The sales rep said the Flex isn't advertised much and is not a great seller. After driving the Explorer and the Edge I was determined to buy a Flex. I wanted a ride close to that of my Towncar.

Love the Flex
By mowog on 06/08/12 20:51 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We chose the Flex for its interior space, exterior styling, and 4,500 pound towing capacity. We think the red with white roof combination looks stunning. We were concerned that the non-turbo engine would struggle pulling our 3,200 lb. camper in the mountains, but the standard engine has worked just fine -- including a tow through the Eisenhower tunnel at 11,138 feet. Mileage commonly runs around 26 mpg on the highway, and 16 mpg pulling the camper at 60 mph. We love this vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Flex Wagon in VA is:

$153 per month*