Used 2012 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Flex Wagon

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Fabulous Flex
By Win Hollister

2012 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a Flex in 2012 to meet the needs of traveling, towing boats and moving. The car performed admirably. Unfortunately, we recently had a severe accident at highway speeds which totaled our car. The air bags deployed properly and the interior was untouched. Engineering is excellent and we look to replace the car with another Flex!

Love my Flex
By Flex Girl

2012 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a pre-owned Flex 2012 with 29,000 miles. I have had a lot of cars and this by far is my favorite! Prior to this I was driving a full size suburban. The transition to the Flex was easy! It drives smooth the leather seats are like butter and so comfortable. The only thing I wish they had changed was the very back seats need to fold all the way forward and down.. it's kind of strange how the cargo space is on top of the seats. I would have preferred more room. Still I would totally by another Flex. Plenty of passenger leg room. We have the flex with captain seats in the 2nd roll and I love that. Great stereo with plenty of Sony speakers great rear air! The gas mileage is around 19.5 around town which is better then my burb. The highway is around 23..........no complaints!

be careful!
By dontbuyxt

2012 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2012 ford flex. I just hit 60,000 miles and with it has come a fuel pump failure! I took it to the dealer who 'fixed' it. Of course, the repair is not complete and know I can smell gas after parking my car in my garage. Oh Joy! More time at the dealer trying to get them to fix an issue they created with an initial repair attempt. Very Frustrating Ford!
I feel the car has been pretty good up to this point. I like the strong engine and ride quality. It is a good car for long car trips. I am very concerned about the long term quality - Ford is exactly known for quality. I had to have the brakes (pads and rotors!) replaced around 55k. This car may be better for a lease!

Nice engine power, long drive ride quality, I also wished I had gotten the massive moon roofs! Too much money though.

My version 1 synch (i don't have the new style screens). Synch is really disappointing. C'mon Ford - you can do better. Ford needs to study long term quality a little more. Maybe quality would be more of a concern if all of the management at Ford actually had drive Ford cars after they were 3 yrs old instead of driving cars that are less than a year old!

Nicest Car ive owned
By jthorpe1576

2012 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Anyone who knows me would be surprised I am leaving a review. I love cars and have had alot of them. But this is the most luxurious boat I have ever owned. I bought it for my wife as a surprise with 26k miles on it SEL leather, the works. Went to pick it up having never looked at it or driven one and I couldn't believe it. Im 6'5" tall and I have more room in the front and second row then any car I have been in. A 7 series BMW is probably the closet thing in back seat room. UNREAL! Having 2 kids in car seats, we got the captain chairs in the middle row. GREAT IDEA. My wife averages about 18mpg all city, and on trips we get 24mpg hwy. Its not turbo but has PLENTY of power for a 6cyl.

The Leather seats are so comfortable and the leather is nice! The back up buzzer, SYNC.

I wish it had the adjustable cruise control to "PACE" the car in front of you. I don't think this model year has that option available.

2012 Flex Limited
By 2012_flex

2012 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My work takes me all over the southern half of Florida, averaging about 500 miles per week... I needed good gas mileage!
I have three children (one who is over six feet tall) and we like to take road trips... I needed comfort and "real" seating space.
I wanted quality and unique style... I did not want every other look-alike "euro-bubble" design. After very exhaustively researching all of the brands that met my requirements, I arrived at the Ford Flex - Limited. The drive is smooth with plenty of power, the ride is quiet and somewhat firm, the seats are very well designed and comfortable, and the fit and finish of the interior (and exterior) is excellent. Driving American and proud of it!

Great ride, very roomy interior (even the second and third rows), well appointed. Fits my family of five with comfort and ease, and is very good on economy. I have been averaging 22.5 MPG in a combination of 40% city and 60% highway driving. Also, love the unique style!

Would like to see Michelin, Firestone or Goodyear as standard.