No Boost Needed
By markstang on
2011 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I want to mostly state that reviews generally speak of the Boost Engine and not the 3.5 v 6 . The 3.5 v6 is stated to have 262Hp, The 3.5 V6 Boost is at 355 Horse power. I wish to give some perspective .. A 1965 V8 Mustang had 277 Horse Power. That is FAST. My Flex has the standard ...It is FAST and quick. I traded my 2008 Ford Edge for the 2011 used Flex and LOOOVE it. I can not believe I did not buy one sooner. I paid 22K used and the sticker new was 37K. This is the way to go. I was sold on Ford because of the EDGE, solid and dependable. Is Ford Customer Service good? LOL I have no idea because I have never had a problem.. Quieter than my Edge or my Avalon.
Favorite Features
This seems crazy now...I like the look. Yep. The captain second row, Towing package and most of all, that my ford navigation screen. The 2008Edge Navigation was antiquated compared to this. The door code hidden will last forever compared to the old raised rubber buttons on the door that wear off. The storage with collapsed 3rd row is substantially more than our Edge. The rear Climate control is a plus. The Climate Fan BLOWS A LOT...this is a Huge improvement over the Edge Fan system. This Flex weights more than our Edge did, but the same engine is FAR faster and better mileage...averaging 20.5 so far. 6 speed is a plus.
Suggested Improvements
I am trying to think of something and can not. Oh, I wish the front seats raised high towards the roof. I might suggest readers use your common sense when reading these reviews. I signed in to assure buyers that the standard Engine is VERY VERY powerful and suggest that of course the boost may be more , but not needed at all. Do not fall for the bigger is better when the standard engine is better than most all ready. One last word. Get the Tow Package Factory supplied Period. A lot of write ups about wishing they had gotten it correct from factory with cooler because adding a cooler is not very doable. Dual Headrst DVD 300 Dollars self installed...simple.