Great vehicle overall beware dealer transfers!
By prjklass on
2011 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
Overall the flex is great however I was disappointed with missing paint on bumper (where bumper meets sheet metal), some squeaks in ceiling air ducts and undisclosed minor hail damage to my vehicle. I will never do a inter dealer transfer in the future. Further my dealer (Maclin ford) also told me the vehicle had no break in period. After I received the vehicle I was disappointed to read that there is a 1000miles break in where the engine speed needs to be varied. Unfortunately the dealer tranfer involved a drive of almost 1000m. Seems to me like ford sales either does not know the product they are selling or they were dishonest in order to fininsh the sale.
Favorite Features
355hp, interior space and appearance. Sync system is great also. The phone system is the best I have ever used. Very comfortable seats. Panorama roof is very nice. Quiet cabin on highway.
Suggested Improvements
Paint quality (see audi paint as an example of top quality) and fewer squeaks and rattles. Also sales team should learn product details such as break in requirement. Inter deler should have limited distance, otherwise should be trucked so that ford requirement are met. Leather and vinyl seating surfaces seem to crease too easily and remain after folding seats down. Also I dont like the loose fit of the leather on the seats.