Great Vehicles
By Blueman861 on
2011 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
Went to Sheehy Ford Of Gaithersburg and purchase my 2011 Ford Flex. This vehicle is wonderful. I drove a SUV for many of years and I have to say the V6 EcoBoost Engine is worth the value and great to have with a seven passenger vehicle. If you get the chance go and drive one.
Favorite Features
EcoBoost Engine Is Great. Quiet And Smooth Ride.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing
By flexfield
on 03/29/11 08:17 AM (PDT)

TO unhappy61: I feel your pain when it comes to negotiating with Dealerships about problems. However, if you knew you needed a vehicle to go on unimproved roads such as those in the mountains of NC (I know them, my Wife is from Marion/Old Fort area), I wouldn't have picked this vehicle as a Off-Road type! Sure, it has AWD capability, but because of the height, wheels, and it NOT being 4X4, this would not be "the best" type of vehicle for those conditions! My Suburban, sure. The Ford Explorer, Expedition...sure. But a Flex?!! Wouldn't have pinged that vehicle as good for offroad! I am guessing the AWD is better for slippery rain/ice/snow conditions on relatively FLAT improved roads! No offense, but kinda your fault for expecting it would do well in those conditions!

By unhappy61
on 02/04/11 11:39 AM (PST)

I bought a 2011 Flex Titanium in December of last year. It has 1550 miles on it. This is a $50,000.00 automobile. I needed all wheel drive this car provided that. MY wife and I have a home in the mountains of North Carolina. The weather and terrain are the reason for AWD. We were at this house over New Year. It snowed, rained and was generally wet and muddy. The road to this house is not paved (wet and muddy). Two days ago the car started quiting while ideling at traffic lights. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from to check out the problem and fix it. They and a Ford representative have decided that I submerged this car in water, I guess, because it had sand in the engine compartment. I am now in a fight with the dealer and Ford about this. They want me to sign a waver before they will look at the car to find the problem. Here is the problem. This car not only is AWD but it has 21" wheeels. The mud, sand, water and whatever else is on the road has been forced into areas they have not seen mud and water get to. I as the customer am being called a liar. They don't believe that Ford has a problem. Not only did the mud get into the engine compartment it got into the door. The whole under side of these cars is not sealed well enough to keep this from happening. I am in the process of telling Ford to take the car back, with a lawyer if I have to. If you sell an AWD car you better make sure it won't have problems like this. It is really too bad because I think I love the car. I just haven't had it long enough to know.

By flexhappy
on 03/05/11 18:40 PM (PST)

I stopped by Mike Brown Auto Group in Granbury, Texas "just to look" and and hour or so late I drove out a beautiful bright red Flex. The deal was easy and amazingly good, too good to resist! I love the car. It rides smooth, has plenty of power and fits all my needs perfectly. I have a 12 year old who wears sixe 12 shoes and the extra space in the back seat is wonderful. The seats fold down and disappear easily and it gets great milage. Awesome car purchased at an awesome dealership!