Used 2011 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

My Amazing Flex SE Ingot silver metallic charcoal black interior
By okla_doug

2011 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I decided to trade in my 2004 Jaguar XJ8. I went looking for an affordable crossover with comfort,room,standard features, and gas mileage. I have never owned a Ford. After driving the Flex I was sold instantly. It is comfortable, roomy,quiet,and great mileage. The list price was 32,000 but I was able to get it for 24,000. The options include second row club seats, sync, roof rails, and and tow package.

I really enjoy using the sync. The third row will actually hold two adults comfortably. I really like the fold flat second and third row seats. My Flex didnt have a second row console but I was able to order the same console that is used in the Taurus X crossover. It is available from Ford as an accessory. It fits identical to the Flex console. It installs in about ten minutes. It was $ 230.00. Flex doesn't offer a console unless you buy all the parts to assemble it for over $ 700.00.

I am completely satisfied with my Flex. I couldn't find any other vehicle come close to what Flex offers as standard equipment for such a great price.

Great vehicle overall beware dealer transfers!
By prjklass

2011 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall the flex is great however I was disappointed with missing paint on bumper (where bumper meets sheet metal), some squeaks in ceiling air ducts and undisclosed minor hail damage to my vehicle. I will never do a inter dealer transfer in the future. Further my dealer (Maclin ford) also told me the vehicle had no break in period. After I received the vehicle I was disappointed to read that there is a 1000miles break in where the engine speed needs to be varied. Unfortunately the dealer tranfer involved a drive of almost 1000m. Seems to me like ford sales either does not know the product they are selling or they were dishonest in order to fininsh the sale.

355hp, interior space and appearance. Sync system is great also. The phone system is the best I have ever used. Very comfortable seats. Panorama roof is very nice. Quiet cabin on highway.

Paint quality (see audi paint as an example of top quality) and fewer squeaks and rattles. Also sales team should learn product details such as break in requirement. Inter deler should have limited distance, otherwise should be trucked so that ford requirement are met. Leather and vinyl seating surfaces seem to crease too easily and remain after folding seats down. Also I dont like the loose fit of the leather on the seats.

Better than what I had read
By mcblaw

2011 Ford Flex Titanium 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I am in my mid 60's, & have driven muscle cars, subarus (lots of them), suburbans and pickups. I live in the foothills west of Denver @ 8000 feet.

So far this fall we have had about 20" of snow between two different snowfalls.
Although our new flex (purchased in early september) is not a high profile car, and it does not have dedicated 4 wheel drive, it has handled what nature has thrown at it. (we have an avalanche for the deep snow).

I LOVE this car, which is beyond my feelings about the many other cars I have owned.
It has great torque, and acceleration.
It has good gas mileage for its size (19 / 24 so far).

And, it is much cooler than I expected (gets lots of thumbs up)

The interior layout, and quality / the multi-sunroofs / the very quiet, and manageable ride and handling. I drive about 15 miles each way for my work on curves, and with an almost 3,000 foot elevation change. The mileage remains good, and the performance is more than up to the challenge of our foothills. The stability control absolutely flattens out the curves.

I don't know that I would term my comments as improvements. Rather, my suggestion to ford would be: 1st: Keep this car in your line-up in essentially its current configuration. 2nd: Keep it ahead of currenet design trends. Keep working at creating a niche car that generates buzz about your brand. 3rd: Continue to throw the latest gadgets into the car. Don't let your explorer brand set the standard. This model is expensive, but it is not stodgie (sp) or formal. So, give your customers the best of the latest "cool" stuff. It should continue to be eccletic (sp). Don't let it be blended into the rest of the product line.

It's okay, but there are better choices...
By jeffyb

2011 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After spending considerable time driving my 2011 Flex on different types of roads, under varying conditions, I'd say it's good as a people-mover, and a good alternative to a mini-van. However, it is not as sporty as it's image portrayed on TV. After 11,000 miles the drivers window squeaks like a pig, and the auto tailgate is very annoying (way too slow opening & closing). Unless you have 6 or 7 people to haul, I would suggest an SUV like the Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4 instead. They have as much useful cargo room, handle much better and get better gas mileage.

Comfy seats, holds a lot of people comfortably, AWD is useful, rides well on the highway.

Needs better handling, doors shut like a 1975 Buick with more of a metallic clatter than a "thunk". Sounds cheap. Door & switch hardware feels cheap. SYNC system sounds okay, but is a pain to use. There are lots of options on SYNC that the average person would never use, yet it doesn't even display the song from your iPod? That is just dumb. Oh, wait, it's a Microsoft product, right??? Gas mileage is mediocre at best.

We test drove everything, selected Ford Flex Limited
By mcc1234

2011 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2003 Yukon hit 140,000 and started to break down so we started looking for a 7 seater replacement.
Couldn't face the stigma of a minivan so considered everything else in the $30-50k range.

Reviewed and test drove many vehicles, including the new Yukon, Enclave/Acadia, Mercedes R/M, Lexus GX, Pilot, Highlander Hybrid and others.

The Flex was not on our original shortlist and we only tried it because we had a spare hour last Saturday and dropped into the dealership. 2 test drives later and we ordered a fully loaded Limited from a nearby city.
Love the car, the drive, 3 spacious rows, and the interior is like a business class aircraft cabin (great gadgets, dual DVD, fridge/freezer).

Interior, technology, dual DVDs, multiple sunroofs, fridge/freezer, electric folding doors/trunk, dual color retro look.

None as yet