Used 2011 Ford Flex Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

No Boost Needed
By markstang

2011 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I want to mostly state that reviews generally speak of the Boost Engine and not the 3.5 v 6 . The 3.5 v6 is stated to have 262Hp, The 3.5 V6 Boost is at 355 Horse power. I wish to give some perspective .. A 1965 V8 Mustang had 277 Horse Power. That is FAST. My Flex has the standard ...It is FAST and quick. I traded my 2008 Ford Edge for the 2011 used Flex and LOOOVE it. I can not believe I did not buy one sooner. I paid 22K used and the sticker new was 37K. This is the way to go. I was sold on Ford because of the EDGE, solid and dependable. Is Ford Customer Service good? LOL I have no idea because I have never had a problem.. Quieter than my Edge or my Avalon.

This seems crazy now...I like the look. Yep. The captain second row, Towing package and most of all, that my ford navigation screen. The 2008Edge Navigation was antiquated compared to this. The door code hidden will last forever compared to the old raised rubber buttons on the door that wear off. The storage with collapsed 3rd row is substantially more than our Edge. The rear Climate control is a plus. The Climate Fan BLOWS A LOT...this is a Huge improvement over the Edge Fan system. This Flex weights more than our Edge did, but the same engine is FAR faster and better mileage...averaging 20.5 so far. 6 speed is a plus.

I am trying to think of something and can not. Oh, I wish the front seats raised high towards the roof. I might suggest readers use your common sense when reading these reviews. I signed in to assure buyers that the standard Engine is VERY VERY powerful and suggest that of course the boost may be more , but not needed at all. Do not fall for the bigger is better when the standard engine is better than most all ready. One last word. Get the Tow Package Factory supplied Period. A lot of write ups about wishing they had gotten it correct from factory with cooler because adding a cooler is not very doable. Dual Headrst DVD 300 Dollars self installed...simple.

We test drove everything, selected Ford Flex Limited
By mcc1234

2011 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2003 Yukon hit 140,000 and started to break down so we started looking for a 7 seater replacement. Couldn't face the stigma of a minivan so considered everything else in the $30-50k range. Reviewed and test drove many vehicles, including the new Yukon, Enclave/Acadia, Mercedes R/M, Lexus GX, Pilot, Highlander Hybrid and others. The Flex was not on our original shortlist and we only tried it because we had a spare hour last Saturday and dropped into the dealership. 2 test drives later and we ordered a fully loaded Limited from a nearby city. Love the car, the drive, 3 spacious rows, and the interior is like a business class aircraft cabin (great gadgets, dual DVD, fridge/freezer).

Interior, technology, dual DVDs, multiple sunroofs, fridge/freezer, electric folding doors/trunk, dual color retro look.

None as yet

Very Pleased!!
By flexfield

2011 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the 2011 Ford Flex Limited last week and loving it! This is the first Ford I have ever purchased and I am very impressed! It has a lot of features and options of higher end luxury cars and suv's. Love that the limited comes standard with Nav, premium sound, back up camera, heated seats, power driver and pass. seats, and HID headlights!! One thing it has over others...SYNC! Still figuring it out, but it is pretty nice to have! The ride quality is superb so far after the first 250 miles and the V6 stands up when you need to mash the pedal. Rear passenger leg room is VERY spacious and comfortable, especially with reclining the seat!

HID headlights, SYNC, comfortable leather interior, power fold third row, panoramic sunroofs, ambient lighting. Put it this way, there's not much that Isn't my favorite feature!

Nothing I can think of