Used 2011 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Flex Wagon

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Ford Flex
By Alice

2011 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car, dubbed "the Limo" because of its roominess and comfort. Feels safe in the road and especially in the winter on the snow and ice. Hauls well.

Flex Facts
By Craig

2011 Ford Flex Wagon Titanium 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Be prepared to love it.

No Boost Needed
By markstang

2011 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I want to mostly state that reviews generally speak of the Boost Engine and not the 3.5 v 6 . The 3.5 v6 is stated to have 262Hp, The 3.5 V6 Boost is at 355 Horse power.
I wish to give some perspective .. A 1965 V8 Mustang had 277 Horse Power. That is FAST. My Flex has the standard
...It is FAST and quick. I traded my 2008 Ford Edge for the 2011 used Flex and LOOOVE it. I can not believe I did not buy one sooner. I paid 22K used and the sticker new was 37K. This is the way to go. I was sold on Ford because of the EDGE, solid and dependable. Is Ford Customer Service good? LOL I have no idea because I have never had a problem..

Quieter than my Edge or my Avalon.

This seems crazy now...I like the look. Yep. The captain second row, Towing package and most of all, that my ford navigation screen. The 2008Edge Navigation was antiquated compared to this. The door code hidden will last forever compared to the old raised rubber buttons on the door that wear off. The storage with collapsed 3rd row is substantially more than our Edge. The rear Climate control is a plus. The Climate Fan BLOWS A LOT...this is a Huge improvement over the Edge Fan system. This Flex weights more than our Edge did, but the same engine is FAR faster and better mileage...averaging 20.5 so far. 6 speed is a plus.

I am trying to think of something and can not. Oh, I wish the front seats raised high towards the roof. I might suggest readers use your common sense when reading these reviews. I signed in to assure buyers that the standard Engine is VERY VERY powerful and suggest that of course the boost may be more , but not needed at all. Do not fall for the bigger is better when the standard engine is better than most all ready. One last word. Get the Tow Package Factory supplied Period. A lot of write ups about wishing they had gotten it correct from factory with cooler because adding a cooler is not very doable. Dual Headrst DVD 300 Dollars self installed...simple.

My Flex
By colman1

2011 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove the Durango, Pilot, Explorer, Edge, 4Runner,Highlander, MDX,Tahoe. Then there was the Flex. We loved the Flex but something was holding us back. It did everything better than everything we drove, is it the look? I kept telling my wife Form=Function, that is the beauty of the Flex. It is more than just skin deep.
We still held back, looked at the competition but the Flex kept calling us back. Which of these has the luxury, space, utility, style, technology and performance we wanted. None. Back to the Flex. Found a used 2011 SEL, bought it and love it. Don't miss out the Flex is great.

leather seats, 2nd row captain's with console, power liftgate, sony sound package, step in height, fold flat 3rd row

2011 Ford Flex California Review
By califdreamn

2011 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With our 2001 Honda Odyssey mini van approaching 130K and on its third transmission, we set out to see what sort of new vehicle might fit our fancy.
I have had my eye on the Flex for some time but we also looked hard at the Mazda CX9.
For us, the Flex has the larger more comfortable cabin, a ridiculous amount of leg room in the second row, and the look of a poor man's Range Rover.
The CX9 has super supportive seating as well as a sporty ride and engine.
But the Flex has a uniqueness about it that nothing else compares to.
And, if you can still secure a 2011 with the hefty rebates, you will have a vehicle that pound for pound surpasses anything else.

The Flex SEL with the Leather/Sony sound package is all you need to wow the neighbors. The black leather seats with the white baseball stitching look and feel superb. The Sync system has lots of techy features making the Flex a cut above. The V6 and the 6 speed powertrain are smooth and powerfull. Although the Ecoboost engine enhances performance dramatically, I could not justify the substantial cost premium. Small touches like the puddle lights, electric rear hatch door, big 18" alloy wheels, satelite radio, sound from the bass thumping stereo, and the overall Flex quality make this a real winner.

For my taste, the brakes are a bit soft when applying pressure to the pedal. But I still feel secure and confident when stopping. Ford's reliabilty has been improving so I am anticipating this ride will treat me well. Imports are not perfect. With my Honda I spent plenty of time and money at the dealer's service counter. And with the Ford you will not have to pay $1,400 for a brake job like on a fancy german import. Time will tell, but I hope my smile 5 or 6 years from now is as big as it now driving the Flex. Do yourself a favor and at test drive the Flex. It is a highly underated vehicle that really is a great choice.