We've had a Flex for over 18 months now. Summary:
1) Nice outside. Many ask about how we like the car.
2) Roomy inside. Excessive for in town, but great for long trips.
3) 12" longer than our last SUV. Street parking can be more challenging.
4) Poor fuel efficiency. We get 13gph city, and about 22gph highway.
5) Build quality OK. Plastic covers on base of front seats and door handles keep popping off. Engineering falls short in the minor details.
6) Ford Service is apathetic. They do the work, but do not seem to care about customer satisfaction.
7) Navigation system is poorly designed and clumsy. Passenger can't enter address when car is moving. Media player and bluetooth works well.
Outside Appearance, Roominess, Comfortable.
Ford Service should treat Flex customers more like luxury segment.
Ford should pay attention to small details like German engineering.
Ford should advertise more accurate mpg numbers, or improve efficiency of Flex.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.