2010 Ford Flex Consumer Review: Already Replaced Left Turbo

2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Review

Already Replaced Left Turbo
By kjhgr01 on

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to wait 3 months to get my Flex built.
Steel Blue with Black Charcoal leather.
So far so good.
I would never think I would own a Ford.
I owned many Honda & Acura and one Volvo.
I always despite the Ford products because of safety issues.
I never felt more safe in that box!
The front brakes are kinda weird when humidity is high or wet.
I average about 18 - 19 mpg with the A/C on, and about 20 - 21 mpg when A/C is off.
At 22500 miles I had to replace the left turbo (leaked oil), an A/C line and a radiator shroud (technician broke it while trying to reassemble the turbo.)
I have been using Mobil 1 full synthetic oil since the 2nd oil change. Fortunately my Ford dealer is nice.

1 - Regular tilt and sliding sunroof + the fixed rear sunroof. 2 - The Back-up Camera is Awesome and the Park Assist works like a charm. 3 - I'm glad I waited a few months and got the telescopic steering wheel. 4 - I really enjoy the Tailgate Party Seats and the Power Tailgate. 5 - 44 inches of rear leg room! I really enjoy this since I'm 6'2" and I hate to move my seat forward when I have rear passengers.

1 - Turn signals in mirror or in fender. At least they could have the side position light blink at the same time. That wouldn't be too hard. 2 - I would separate the rear brake light from the rear turn signal. There's 2 separate lights already. 3 - Lockable rear fuel door trap... like all other manufacturers. 4 - A bigger gas tank, another 4/5 gallons would be nice.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review