Used 2010 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Flex Wagon

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Great Car but beware of Cap-less Filler
By SteveK

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Flex is my company vehicle so it sees tremendous use. I really like it and so does my family for home use. Big and very flexible. One main issue so far is the Fuel Filler. The cap-less design is easily damaged and then you can't get fuel in your vehicle, it keeps shutting the pump off. I live in NJ where you can't pump your own gas so I cant control how they do it. Taking to dealer tomorrow to get it fixed but did some research and saw lots of comments on the web on this (not covered under warranty, etc. and it seems to be way too common). So be wary!

Favorite Features

Sync system for hands free. Big flexible seating. Comfortable. Fairly problem free.

Suggested Improvements

Cap-less fuel filler while cool seems to be easily damaged. FORD needs better design if people are complaining and breaking on a "New" vehicle. That to me means a lack of robustness in the design. Fueling should be a no-brainer

Love the Flex!
By rEddie2

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car so far. Ford has come a long way in the last few years! It drives so nice, and is very quiet. I also love that it is unique in styling.

Favorite Features

Definitely the Sync/Nav/Bluetooth system!

Suggested Improvements

Larger fuel capacity. I have been a little disappointed with the fuel economy - have yet to see 20 MPG, even on the road. My daily round-trip commute is 50 miles, so I can't make it a week on 1 tank of gas. Only other complaint is that the driver's seat is a little uncomfortable for me.

Man Van gets it right
By Man Van Fan

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car more than I thought I would and I thought I would love it a lot. It is incredibly quiet ride, quieter than my previous car. I get a lot of questions from other guys at Home Depot about this vehicle. I needed a mini van but didn't want to make that move. The flex gives me hauling, comfort and style in a more manly configuration. Thanks Ford!

Favorite Features

Second row seat leg room is best in class. Larger than some of the full size SUVs I looked at. Perfect for growing kids.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests need to be movable and the air vents on the dash need wider range of movement.

The Ultimate Family Car
By Buspass

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

By far the most comfortable car we've ever owned. The look, style, comfort, mileage and accessories are fabulous and far outweigh the poor handling and lack of power.

Favorite Features

Backup cam, sync, heated seats and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger engine. Yes, the mileage is decent, but with a car this size, the engine should have had more horsepower.

Love the Flex!
By C.M.

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have read up on and taken many crossovers and SUVs for test drives. We chose the Flex Ltd. I LOVE it. The only downfall would be that in the 6 passenger, it would be nice to have a center arm rest. Other than that, the performance is great, it's super comfortable and I LOVE how the Flex looks. I have much respect for Ford as well i.e. not taking/requiring a bail out. Great vehicle Ford. Keep up the great work.

Favorite Features

The looks