Used 2010 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Happy senior
By Ford Flex

2010 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Very nice vehicle. Econobost is strong and coupled with the 20 inch wheels, drives like it's on tracks. Gives driver a complete feeling of confidence and in-control.

Econbost engine and smooth 6 speed, Extremely comfortable ride plus comfortable seats.

Reading small dash buttons with faint print during the daylight is difficult. At night they light up brightly with no problem. Memory seat buttons in a place you cannot see and have to use them strictly by feel. Fuel tank filler is on passenger side. Needs to have daytime driving lights.

Reliability issues and more
By Robert

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After purchasing what we thought was the perfect family vehicle for us, we have had numerous issues with no support from the dealership. After bringing the vehicle 6 times for font brake issues, we are finally made aware of a"service procedure(which is really a recall), but we are still waiting for the parts to arrive. We are now having transmission issue and are only being told by the dealer that is a "chip issue", but they are not willing to replace the chip. We also have issues with the rear folding seat not raising when activated and were told by the dealer to basically "live with it". Bottom line is that we are sad that Ford is not standing behind the product sold like other competitors

love the design, space and performance and only wish we could drive it without other issues happening

the vehicle needs to be repaired or we are selling and will never buy a Ford again

Flex with maximum bells and whistles
By Forester

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We like the ride and handling and quietness relative to our Explorer. Don't like the range due to mileage and an 18.5 gas tank rather than 22.5 in the Explorer. Digital readout is a vast improvement over Explorer. Great radio satellite and navigation system.

See above

22.5 gallon gas tank or dual tanks.

Great Car but beware of Cap-less Filler
By SteveK

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Flex is my company vehicle so it sees tremendous use. I really like it and so does my family for home use. Big and very flexible. One main issue so far is the Fuel Filler. The cap-less design is easily damaged and then you can't get fuel in your vehicle, it keeps shutting the pump off. I live in NJ where you can't pump your own gas so I cant control how they do it. Taking to dealer tomorrow to get it fixed but did some research and saw lots of comments on the web on this (not covered under warranty, etc. and it seems to be way too common). So be wary!

Sync system for hands free. Big flexible seating. Comfortable. Fairly problem free.

Cap-less fuel filler while cool seems to be easily damaged. FORD needs better design if people are complaining and breaking on a "New" vehicle. That to me means a lack of robustness in the design. Fueling should be a no-brainer

Love the Flex!
By rEddie2

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car so far. Ford has come a long way in the last few years! It drives so nice, and is very quiet. I also love that it is unique in styling.

Definitely the Sync/Nav/Bluetooth system!

Larger fuel capacity. I have been a little disappointed with the fuel economy - have yet to see 20 MPG, even on the road. My daily round-trip commute is 50 miles, so I can't make it a week on 1 tank of gas. Only other complaint is that the driver's seat is a little uncomfortable for me.