2010 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Great Car but beware of Cap-less Filler
By SteveK on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Flex is my company vehicle so it sees tremendous use. I really like it and so does my family for home use. Big and very flexible. One main issue so far is the Fuel Filler. The cap-less design is easily damaged and then you can't get fuel in your vehicle, it keeps shutting the pump off. I live in NJ where you can't pump your own gas so I cant control how they do it. Taking to dealer tomorrow to get it fixed but did some research and saw lots of comments on the web on this (not covered under warranty, etc. and it seems to be way too common). So be wary!

Love the Flex!
By rEddie2 on 08/27/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car so far. Ford has come a long way in the last few years! It drives so nice, and is very quiet. I also love that it is unique in styling.

Man Van gets it right
By Man Van Fan on 08/20/10 09:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car more than I thought I would and I thought I would love it a lot. It is incredibly quiet ride, quieter than my previous car. I get a lot of questions from other guys at Home Depot about this vehicle. I needed a mini van but didn't want to make that move. The flex gives me hauling, comfort and style in a more manly configuration. Thanks Ford!

The Ultimate Family Car
By Buspass on 08/16/10 05:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

By far the most comfortable car we've ever owned. The look, style, comfort, mileage and accessories are fabulous and far outweigh the poor handling and lack of power.

Love the Flex!
By C.M. on 08/15/10 19:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have read up on and taken many crossovers and SUVs for test drives. We chose the Flex Ltd. I LOVE it. The only downfall would be that in the 6 passenger, it would be nice to have a center arm rest. Other than that, the performance is great, it's super comfortable and I LOVE how the Flex looks. I have much respect for Ford as well i.e. not taking/requiring a bail out. Great vehicle Ford. Keep up the great work.

Flexy ride
By Andrew on 07/25/10 12:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the look, feel and drive of my new Flex Limited. Ford truly hit one out of the ballpark with this car. Great as an every-day commuter, as well as a long-haul cruiser. My only complaints, and they're odd ones, is a crazy, squeaking dashboard, headrests that push my head in an uncomfortable position forward (and are non-adjustable) and the not-so- great gas mileage. I average 18 mpg and do mostly freeway driving. My A5 convertible mostly sits in the garage these days. I think she's jealous.

Jack of all trades
By jackrose on 07/13/10 05:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

For those of you who want a sports car, comfy seating for long trips, usable interior space for building materials, good visibility, good winter driving, low entry for older parents and towing capability this it the best there is now. I've had the Mercedes equivalent and it was quieter, dealt with high snow better, had better seats, but it had less space inside for hauling stuff, too high for grams, was not sporty,and was a lousy tow car (i tow a 4000 lbs load). On the other hand, the flex was great at towing and if you have ever had a highway load sway experience, the built automatic sway correction is a religious experience. The connections are built in for the aftermarket brake control

Nice Alternative, Cool Ride!
By Scapesdog on 07/01/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my 2008 Expedition Limited for this 2010 Ecoboost Flex and am extremely pleased. I love the style, retro feel. Once i drove it, it was over. Had to have it. Very fun to drive. There is NO Comparison to the regular Flex V6, this thing is a sports car (in heart, for a nearly 5000 lb ride). I would not compare it to my wife's BMW 3 Series but it does have loads of pep and the suspension improvement is very welcome. The AWD does a great job of transferring the power to the road. The car actually surprised me the first few times i punched it. It's pretty fast, certainly fast enough. Averaging 18 MPG, not bad given my heavy foot! Sync and Nav/etc is the best in the business!

Best ford owned
By reb on 06/29/10 15:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned over 40 new and used Ford products in 50 years, and this by far is the best. Ride comfort is great, on long trip was not tired after 10 hr. Fuel economy after 3500 miles is 23 mpg overall and 24.5 mpg highway.

Disappointing seat quality
By BPJ on 06/07/10 23:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had researched this vehicle for 2 years and saw mostly positive, so I decided to go for it. Bought the Limited model. Drove it for 2 days and my back was killing me, I previously had no back issues. After driving 4 previous ford vehicles, I expected comfortable seating. I drive at least 100 miles per day and the Flex seat is not as well padded or as supportive as I had expected. The headrest is not designed for normal size people and causes my head to jut forward. There is no way to adjust the headrests to make for comfortable driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Flex Wagon in VA is:

$133 per month*