Used 2010 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

So far, so good.
By WarsaWonder

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The number one reason I bought a Ford product and the first time I saw the Flex on the road, I thought it was unique. This vehicle is the surprise of my life. My wife wanted a seven passenger vehicle and the Flex had all my options and room--plenty of room for seven good sized adults. The gas mileage is extraordinary. Since the day I brought the "Bus, bus, magic bus" home I have averaged 22.6 mpg. AND...it is quicker to 60 mph than my Porsche Cayenne S. What more for this auto can you ask? The only accessory I am apprehensive over is the self-parking feature. I still don't trust it to park itself for me.

Space, gas mileage, performance, sun roofs, rear back up camera, steering wheel paddles and the fact that it still turns heads.

Power third row seats would be nice.

Comfortable and Quick
By William Miller

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this car to replace a 2000 Expedition. We needed room for three grandsons riding along with Papa and Grandma! The boys love their individual moon roofs (we've made several trips through the airport). It's extremely comfortable, and the versatile seating is great for shopping from groceries to home improvements. It handled a 5-person bowling team plus luggage & 10 balls with power to spare. We had a small issue with defective weatherstripping on the driver's door which was promptly replaced. We also had brake problems which were a design flaw and has been remedied. Overall this car has been a big hit with the entire family.

Without a doubt the eco-boost is the ultimate feature...the test drive on the expressway put a smile on my face that's still there! The hand's free phone, panoramic moon roof, and heated seats have gotten a lot of use too. The fold down rear seats are a great improvement over the Expedition.

Better drainage - moisture and dirt collect on the rounded bottom on the inside of the doors. All holes under the hood were not plugged with sealer.

Sync / Nav Issues
By Marty

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I will drive all over the state, entertain clients and move equipment cases of about 40-60 pounds each. The fold flat seats are great except that after only 15,000 miles I noticed that the carpet surface of the cargo floor is wearing out. My dealer is replacing this surface. The bigger issue is the Nav system.It only holds 50 names in the address book. This seems to be great example of very old technology my previous $200 Garmin could hold thousands of address. I use my car as a mobile office and visit new clients all the time, now my sync nav cannot hold any new addresses. Syncs built in calendar is useless to keep appointments as you can not enter any data. Sync is not very hi tech.

Very comfortable, great sound system. Looks sharp.

Improve Sync. Improve Nav, improve interior dome lighting.

I always get compliments in parking lots
By Laraine

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I love to drive this car! The Ecoboost makes highway acceleration effortless. The leather interior makes me forget it's the family car, and I will never own a mini- van. I have three car seats in the back, and it's easy to switch to the third row seats when needed. I also get stopped frequently by admirers of my candy red paint with the white roof. I do mostly highway driving, and I get about 20 mpg consistently.

Ecoboost engine, second row leg room, headrest DVD, Sync system, Navigation, satellite radio

Bigger gas tank

Fantastic Flex
By Sue

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drives like a dream, so roomy and comfortable. I love the unique body style and so do a lot of other people. My Flex gets a lot of attention. I can hardly wait to take it on vacation.

The smooth ride, comfortable seating, dual temperature controls, and especially the automatic lift gate. It's awesome.

I drove a Focus before, so a backup camera would be very helpful. I do like the backup beeper, though.