Used 2010 Ford Flex Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Life with the Flex
By rroselavy

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had a Flex for over 18 months now. Summary: 1) Nice outside. Many ask about how we like the car. 2) Roomy inside. Excessive for in town, but great for long trips. 3) 12" longer than our last SUV. Street parking can be more challenging. 4) Poor fuel efficiency. We get 13gph city, and about 22gph highway. 5) Build quality OK. Plastic covers on base of front seats and door handles keep popping off. Engineering falls short in the minor details. 6) Ford Service is apathetic. They do the work, but do not seem to care about customer satisfaction. 7) Navigation system is poorly designed and clumsy. Passenger can't enter address when car is moving. Media player and bluetooth works well.

Favorite Features

Outside Appearance, Roominess, Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Ford Service should treat Flex customers more like luxury segment. Ford should pay attention to small details like German engineering. Ford should advertise more accurate mpg numbers, or improve efficiency of Flex.

Sync / Nav Issues
By Marty

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I will drive all over the state, entertain clients and move equipment cases of about 40-60 pounds each. The fold flat seats are great except that after only 15,000 miles I noticed that the carpet surface of the cargo floor is wearing out. My dealer is replacing this surface. The bigger issue is the Nav system.It only holds 50 names in the address book. This seems to be great example of very old technology my previous $200 Garmin could hold thousands of address. I use my car as a mobile office and visit new clients all the time, now my sync nav cannot hold any new addresses. Syncs built in calendar is useless to keep appointments as you can not enter any data. Sync is not very hi tech.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable, great sound system. Looks sharp.

Suggested Improvements

Improve Sync. Improve Nav, improve interior dome lighting.

Love the Flex!
By rEddie2

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car so far. Ford has come a long way in the last few years! It drives so nice, and is very quiet. I also love that it is unique in styling.

Favorite Features

Definitely the Sync/Nav/Bluetooth system!

Suggested Improvements

Larger fuel capacity. I have been a little disappointed with the fuel economy - have yet to see 20 MPG, even on the road. My daily round-trip commute is 50 miles, so I can't make it a week on 1 tank of gas. Only other complaint is that the driver's seat is a little uncomfortable for me.

The Ultimate Family Car
By Buspass

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

By far the most comfortable car we've ever owned. The look, style, comfort, mileage and accessories are fabulous and far outweigh the poor handling and lack of power.

Favorite Features

Backup cam, sync, heated seats and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger engine. Yes, the mileage is decent, but with a car this size, the engine should have had more horsepower.

Flexy ride
By Andrew

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the look, feel and drive of my new Flex Limited. Ford truly hit one out of the ballpark with this car. Great as an every-day commuter, as well as a long-haul cruiser. My only complaints, and they're odd ones, is a crazy, squeaking dashboard, headrests that push my head in an uncomfortable position forward (and are non-adjustable) and the not-so- great gas mileage. I average 18 mpg and do mostly freeway driving. My A5 convertible mostly sits in the garage these days. I think she's jealous.

Favorite Features

Love the Sync, backup camera, navigation screen and Sony sound system. Versatile space and people hauling capacity huge pluses.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable headrests (backwards and forwards) and more supportive front seats.