Used 2010 Ford Flex SEL Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

2010 Ford Flex
By razerbackrob

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Flex for just over 3 years now. We use this vehicle for shuttling kids, work, and everyday errands. We have been very happy and still have original brakes pushing 78000 miles. I am 6"4" and am very comfortable driving this car. Feel like a little guy in a big car. Gas mileage averages almost 20 exactly between city and highway which would be expected for a vehicle of this size. We have towed the boat (not far) but it easily pulls a 20' in and out of the water with no problem. Two complaints. The tire where is excessive. The Good Year original tires were slicks at 42000 and Yokahama are not much better . Worst front wheel drive vehicle in the snow I have driven ever.

Favorite features is the head room and leg room for this vehicle. Overall the vehicle has been a good dependable vehicle.

Ford FLEX - Lemon
By yeghi

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brand new FLEX 2010. already replaced two balljoint/shafts on the front passenger wheel. First around 12000 miles, and 2nd on 21000 miles. The car still pulling to the right and not fixed. The Dealership admits the problem exist, they claim it is the tire!?, I am questioning are we expecting to change tires every 12000 miles? The extreme tire wear and the pulling to the right is an indication of an existing problem with the front alignment of this car. However both dealer and the Ford Company seem reluctant to do anything about it. The FLEX in general seems to have a weak (perhaps below truck standards) front structure, it seems that all I read is about wheels, breaks, and noises, however, all in front?

Looks

The FLEX in general seems to have a weak (perhaps below truck standards) front structure, it seems that all I read is about wheels, breaks, and noises, however, all in front? 1- Better or perhaps truck quality/standard and strength front structure, wheel joints, etc. Whatever the existing standards are it seems weak and problematic. 2- The terrible transmission down-shift 3- Front dashboard squeaks and noises.

How do you spell relief? F-L-E-X
By larbo

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our Flex SEL since April 2010. We wanted to replace our 2007 Buick Terraza because it was a "hangar-queen". We had never owned a Ford product. We were skeptical because of the boxy look, but it has quickly grown on us. It is a cool looking vehicle. We have not taken it back to the dealer for anything except to rotate the tires. I have changed the oil twice myself in 8200 miles and it does not use oil. In the suburbs we get 19.2 MPG and on the highway we can get up to 26 MPG. We love it. It is reliable and the Sync System with Navigation is awesome.

The ride is solid and makes you feel secure. The lack of noise is impressive. Roll down the windows and its loud out there in the concrete jungle; roll'em up and the inside is heavenly quiet. The Sony 12 Speaker audio system puts you in a place you did not think was possible. The 2nd row legroom makes you feel like you are in a limo. Even with the front seats moved way back, you can spread out, tilt back your seat a bit, raise your head rest and fall-asleep. The 110 VAC outlet lets you plug in your laptop for a long-haul charge and the creature comforts let you put away your camera or I-Pod when you get out for that rest area stop. The Mykey system to manage your teen driver is great!

The rear parking assist could use a visual aid located in the rear of the vehicle while backing up. Green - yellow - red works well. The color "Red" being for too close!

Fantastic Flex
By Sue

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drives like a dream, so roomy and comfortable. I love the unique body style and so do a lot of other people. My Flex gets a lot of attention. I can hardly wait to take it on vacation.

The smooth ride, comfortable seating, dual temperature controls, and especially the automatic lift gate. It's awesome.

I drove a Focus before, so a backup camera would be very helpful. I do like the backup beeper, though.

Man Van gets it right
By Man Van Fan

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car more than I thought I would and I thought I would love it a lot. It is incredibly quiet ride, quieter than my previous car. I get a lot of questions from other guys at Home Depot about this vehicle. I needed a mini van but didn't want to make that move. The flex gives me hauling, comfort and style in a more manly configuration. Thanks Ford!

Second row seat leg room is best in class. Larger than some of the full size SUVs I looked at. Perfect for growing kids.

Headrests need to be movable and the air vents on the dash need wider range of movement.