2010 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
2010 Ford Flex
By razerbackrob on 03/06/13 19:01 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Flex for just over 3 years now. We use this vehicle for shuttling kids, work, and everyday errands. We have been very happy and still have original brakes pushing 78000 miles. I am 6"4" and am very comfortable driving this car. Feel like a little guy in a big car. Gas mileage averages almost 20 exactly between city and highway which would be expected for a vehicle of this size. We have towed the boat (not far) but it easily pulls a 20' in and out of the water with no problem. Two complaints. The tire where is excessive. The Good Year original tires were slicks at 42000 and Yokahama are not much better . Worst front wheel drive vehicle in the snow I have driven ever.

Ford FLEX - Lemon
By yeghi on 08/14/11 10:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brand new FLEX 2010. already replaced two balljoint/shafts on the front passenger wheel. First around 12000 miles, and 2nd on 21000 miles. The car still pulling to the right and not fixed. The Dealership admits the problem exist, they claim it is the tire!?, I am questioning are we expecting to change tires every 12000 miles? The extreme tire wear and the pulling to the right is an indication of an existing problem with the front alignment of this car. However both dealer and the Ford Company seem reluctant to do anything about it. The FLEX in general seems to have a weak (perhaps below truck standards) front structure, it seems that all I read is about wheels, breaks, and noises, however, all in front?

How do you spell relief? F-L-E-X
By larbo on 12/09/10 20:03 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our Flex SEL since April 2010. We wanted to replace our 2007 Buick Terraza because it was a "hangar-queen". We had never owned a Ford product. We were skeptical because of the boxy look, but it has quickly grown on us. It is a cool looking vehicle. We have not taken it back to the dealer for anything except to rotate the tires. I have changed the oil twice myself in 8200 miles and it does not use oil. In the suburbs we get 19.2 MPG and on the highway we can get up to 26 MPG. We love it. It is reliable and the Sync System with Navigation is awesome.

Fantastic Flex
By Sue on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drives like a dream, so roomy and comfortable. I love the unique body style and so do a lot of other people. My Flex gets a lot of attention. I can hardly wait to take it on vacation.

Man Van gets it right
By Man Van Fan on 08/20/10 09:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car more than I thought I would and I thought I would love it a lot. It is incredibly quiet ride, quieter than my previous car. I get a lot of questions from other guys at Home Depot about this vehicle. I needed a mini van but didn't want to make that move. The flex gives me hauling, comfort and style in a more manly configuration. Thanks Ford!

Best ford owned
By reb on 06/29/10 15:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned over 40 new and used Ford products in 50 years, and this by far is the best. Ride comfort is great, on long trip was not tired after 10 hr. Fuel economy after 3500 miles is 23 mpg overall and 24.5 mpg highway.

My Best Ford Ever
By Quite Impressed on 04/22/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just picked this vehicle up over the weekend and have only put less than 200 miles on it. The impression so far is more than I have gotten from any Ford I've had in years, and I have at least 8. Everything about this vehicle was meticulously put together. The interior is so huge I almost feel lost in it. The build quality is on par with the Audis, and is the best I've seen in a Ford. The ride is so balanced and the suspension takes the rough Detroit roads with ease. I am looking forward to taking it on a long test drive. Ford is on the right track.

Love My Flex
By flexaholic on 04/07/10 15:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We ordered a 2010 Flex SEL with leather seats, and a white roof. We had to order the "package" in order to get leather seats. The package came with a few little bells and whistles but we really didn't need those. It took a little less than 3 months to take delivery. I took a long trip in it and immediately put about 1500 miles on it. This car was a smooth ride with plenty of visibility and comfort. I didn't realize it had a tilt wheel until after I returned from the trip. It was a nice feature. The only complaint I have are the front head rests. I'm a woman and wear my hair in a clippy in the back, which hits the head rest. I turned it around and it was fine.

Great alternative to a minivan
By Husband with kids on 11/20/09 08:52 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had to replace our Quest minivan due to a nice lady plowing into the back of it and were set to get another van when we noticed the Flex on-line. After driving a limited, I was impressed at all the features but not the price or the ride (those 20 inch hoops look great but you feel every bump in the road). We priced out an SEL with the 207 option package that gives you leather, power lift gate, Snyc, power memory seats and pedals, and a bunch of other goodies. We also got the tow package and power fold seats which are great but when you have a child seat strapped in, that feature is pretty useless. $200 over invoice before rebates. A great vehicle overall.

Fit and finish need attention
By Jeff on 09/21/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We sold our 2006 Sequoia to purchase the 2010 Flex to haul our 5 kids. We were attracted to the styling reminiscent on the 60's wagons. The 6 cylinder is peppy and a good compromise between power and economy. Upon closer inspection, however, the fit and finish off the car are low for the price. We have owned the car 2 weeks now and already a rattle developed in the headliner around the sunroof 9clip came loose), the lower door weather strip (5 foot long plastic extrusion) on the passenger side fell off while driving and the chrome strip below the passenger side came loose. Door alignment is terrible and there is a huge blob of body sealant in the jamb at the top off the rear hatch.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Flex Wagon in NJ is:

$238 per month*