2010 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

2010 Flex Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Excellent
By hafizur1995

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this car for a year and a half and put over 35,000 miles on it. This is probably the most reliable car I've ever had. The only things I spent money on were the tires, brakes, wipers, and just your wear and tear things. The ride quality is excellent and it's very comfortable inside. It's very high tech and doesn't keep you bored. It's a very reliable car and people should really look into it if they are in the market for an alternative to mini vans. Not to mention it gets great mpg for it's size I got 18C-25H. It's very durable and feels really good on the road. I was very happy with this car. However, keep in mind that it's a Ford so it's price will go down very quickly.

Favorite Features

Sync, Bluetooth, Ride Quality, and space.

Suggested Improvements

Bad trade in value after time.

2010 Ford Flex
By razerbackrob

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Flex for just over 3 years now. We use this vehicle for shuttling kids, work, and everyday errands. We have been very happy and still have original brakes pushing 78000 miles. I am 6"4" and am very comfortable driving this car. Feel like a little guy in a big car. Gas mileage averages almost 20 exactly between city and highway which would be expected for a vehicle of this size. We have towed the boat (not far) but it easily pulls a 20' in and out of the water with no problem. Two complaints. The tire where is excessive. The Good Year original tires were slicks at 42000 and Yokahama are not much better . Worst front wheel drive vehicle in the snow I have driven ever.

Favorite Features

Favorite features is the head room and leg room for this vehicle. Overall the vehicle has been a good dependable vehicle.

Wish I had the great experiences as others have posted
By ashley34

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our flex from a dealership new (off their lot where it sat for months) in 2010. First issue was brake noise. After three trips back, the service department replaced the brakes. Then the door handle paint peeled. Which the dealership told me was because of my wedding ring wear?! Then the center console latch broke - which was covered and replaced under warranty. Then the transmission started slipping. That was fixed under warranty. Already had to replace the tires @ 30k miles. The latest is the paint peal has gotten worse. One dealership told me to take it back to the dealership I bought it from. Ford is ford is ford. Now - a noise in the passenger side dash. ....

Favorite Features

I like the overall spaciousness.

Suggested Improvements

Improved paint. Improved customer service at dealerships. Explain all that is covered in an extended warranty. But most of all. Make sure your customer is satisfied. I plan to sell the vehicle to avoid any more surprise not covered repairs. Mind you I only have 40k miles on this vehicle and commute less than 10 miles a day.

Great Family Hauler
By jpete204

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2010 Flex with ecoboost and have very few complaints about our vehicle thus far. It's pretty good on fuel (when you don't put your foot in it, which is almost never) it's an extremely comfortable and versatile car and did I mention it has ecoboost? I'm not a huge fan of the marketing speak Ford used to describe this twin turbo direct injection engine, but this motor deserves every positive word said about it. I've done some light duty towing and the motor feels as though it is never straining. Passing power is where the powerplant shines. My only minor nits to pick would be a couple of trim pieces which have broken and a faulty O2 sensor, which were both under warranty.

Favorite Features

- Ecoboost engine - Ability to tow up to 4500 pounds with sway control - SYNC - Park Assist

Suggested Improvements

- Price is a little steep - Some questionable exterior trim fit and finish - Roof rack should be made available with the vista roof option (which apparently Ford has done in 2011) - For the price, other options such as rain sensing wipers and adaptive cruise should be available or standard on the limited and titanium trim levels

Ford FLEX - Lemon
By yeghi

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brand new FLEX 2010. already replaced two balljoint/shafts on the front passenger wheel. First around 12000 miles, and 2nd on 21000 miles. The car still pulling to the right and not fixed. The Dealership admits the problem exist, they claim it is the tire!?, I am questioning are we expecting to change tires every 12000 miles? The extreme tire wear and the pulling to the right is an indication of an existing problem with the front alignment of this car. However both dealer and the Ford Company seem reluctant to do anything about it. The FLEX in general seems to have a weak (perhaps below truck standards) front structure, it seems that all I read is about wheels, breaks, and noises, however, all in front?

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

The FLEX in general seems to have a weak (perhaps below truck standards) front structure, it seems that all I read is about wheels, breaks, and noises, however, all in front? 1- Better or perhaps truck quality/standard and strength front structure, wheel joints, etc. Whatever the existing standards are it seems weak and problematic. 2- The terrible transmission down-shift 3- Front dashboard squeaks and noises.

Ford Flex Brake issues
By phillthedog

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had our Flex for nearly two years once we hit 22k miles began having brake failures car has been in dealer 5 times they have replaced vacuum booster and check valves. When the car has been parked overnight or for a few hours the brake pedal is very hard the car will not stop. Ford says this is "normal" operating procedure and we have to warm the car up for five minutes before driving which is totally unacceptable. Dealer is as frustrated as we are Ford sent out an engineer who said he could not replicate the problem. We are truly disappointed with Ford.

Suggested Improvements

Match customer service with other brands

Life with the Flex
By rroselavy

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had a Flex for over 18 months now. Summary: 1) Nice outside. Many ask about how we like the car. 2) Roomy inside. Excessive for in town, but great for long trips. 3) 12" longer than our last SUV. Street parking can be more challenging. 4) Poor fuel efficiency. We get 13gph city, and about 22gph highway. 5) Build quality OK. Plastic covers on base of front seats and door handles keep popping off. Engineering falls short in the minor details. 6) Ford Service is apathetic. They do the work, but do not seem to care about customer satisfaction. 7) Navigation system is poorly designed and clumsy. Passenger can't enter address when car is moving. Media player and bluetooth works well.

Favorite Features

Outside Appearance, Roominess, Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Ford Service should treat Flex customers more like luxury segment. Ford should pay attention to small details like German engineering. Ford should advertise more accurate mpg numbers, or improve efficiency of Flex.

Already Replaced Left Turbo
By kjhgr01

2010 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to wait 3 months to get my Flex built. Steel Blue with Black Charcoal leather. So far so good. I would never think I would own a Ford. I owned many Honda & Acura and one Volvo. I always despite the Ford products because of safety issues. I never felt more safe in that box! The front brakes are kinda weird when humidity is high or wet. I average about 18 - 19 mpg with the A/C on, and about 20 - 21 mpg when A/C is off. At 22500 miles I had to replace the left turbo (leaked oil), an A/C line and a radiator shroud (technician broke it while trying to reassemble the turbo.) I have been using Mobil 1 full synthetic oil since the 2nd oil change. Fortunately my Ford dealer is nice.

Favorite Features

1 - Regular tilt and sliding sunroof + the fixed rear sunroof. 2 - The Back-up Camera is Awesome and the Park Assist works like a charm. 3 - I'm glad I waited a few months and got the telescopic steering wheel. 4 - I really enjoy the Tailgate Party Seats and the Power Tailgate. 5 - 44 inches of rear leg room! I really enjoy this since I'm 6'2" and I hate to move my seat forward when I have rear passengers.

Suggested Improvements

1 - Turn signals in mirror or in fender. At least they could have the side position light blink at the same time. That wouldn't be too hard. 2 - I would separate the rear brake light from the rear turn signal. There's 2 separate lights already. 3 - Lockable rear fuel door trap... like all other manufacturers. 4 - A bigger gas tank, another 4/5 gallons would be nice.

How do you spell relief? F-L-E-X
By larbo

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our Flex SEL since April 2010. We wanted to replace our 2007 Buick Terraza because it was a "hangar-queen". We had never owned a Ford product. We were skeptical because of the boxy look, but it has quickly grown on us. It is a cool looking vehicle. We have not taken it back to the dealer for anything except to rotate the tires. I have changed the oil twice myself in 8200 miles and it does not use oil. In the suburbs we get 19.2 MPG and on the highway we can get up to 26 MPG. We love it. It is reliable and the Sync System with Navigation is awesome.

Favorite Features

The ride is solid and makes you feel secure. The lack of noise is impressive. Roll down the windows and its loud out there in the concrete jungle; roll'em up and the inside is heavenly quiet. The Sony 12 Speaker audio system puts you in a place you did not think was possible. The 2nd row legroom makes you feel like you are in a limo. Even with the front seats moved way back, you can spread out, tilt back your seat a bit, raise your head rest and fall-asleep. The 110 VAC outlet lets you plug in your laptop for a long-haul charge and the creature comforts let you put away your camera or I-Pod when you get out for that rest area stop. The Mykey system to manage your teen driver is great!

Suggested Improvements

The rear parking assist could use a visual aid located in the rear of the vehicle while backing up. Green - yellow - red works well. The color "Red" being for too close!

We love it!
By Anonymous

2010 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our Flex in April 2010 and love the car. Ride is awesome. Contrary to some reviews, we have had good gas mileage on highway trips 24.5 and around town 19-20. My brother in law came over to check it out when we brought it home and within a week he had one in his garage also. We have had a problem also with a squeaking dash on a hot sunny day with the a/c on vent. Goes away when switched to floor. Dealer can't duplicate it, but has not given up. Will try again next summer. We did have a problem with the front brakes, but they also promptly took care of it. Love the looks of the white top and the fact that it can haul 7 people and still look cool. It's a keeper.

Favorite Features

White roof, seats 7, plenty of power even w/out ecoboost, ride quality, great vacation car, always draws a crowd, quiet, no gas cap, rear seat leg room

Suggested Improvements

Head rests hit the back of your head, dash squeak