2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Life with the Flex
By rroselavy on 06/01/11 20:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had a Flex for over 18 months now. Summary: 1) Nice outside. Many ask about how we like the car. 2) Roomy inside. Excessive for in town, but great for long trips. 3) 12" longer than our last SUV. Street parking can be more challenging. 4) Poor fuel efficiency. We get 13gph city, and about 22gph highway. 5) Build quality OK. Plastic covers on base of front seats and door handles keep popping off. Engineering falls short in the minor details. 6) Ford Service is apathetic. They do the work, but do not seem to care about customer satisfaction. 7) Navigation system is poorly designed and clumsy. Passenger can't enter address when car is moving. Media player and bluetooth works well.

Sync / Nav Issues
By Marty on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I will drive all over the state, entertain clients and move equipment cases of about 40-60 pounds each. The fold flat seats are great except that after only 15,000 miles I noticed that the carpet surface of the cargo floor is wearing out. My dealer is replacing this surface. The bigger issue is the Nav system.It only holds 50 names in the address book. This seems to be great example of very old technology my previous $200 Garmin could hold thousands of address. I use my car as a mobile office and visit new clients all the time, now my sync nav cannot hold any new addresses. Syncs built in calendar is useless to keep appointments as you can not enter any data. Sync is not very hi tech.

Love the Flex!
By rEddie2 on 08/27/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car so far. Ford has come a long way in the last few years! It drives so nice, and is very quiet. I also love that it is unique in styling.

The Ultimate Family Car
By Buspass on 08/16/10 05:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

By far the most comfortable car we've ever owned. The look, style, comfort, mileage and accessories are fabulous and far outweigh the poor handling and lack of power.

Flexy ride
By Andrew on 07/25/10 12:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the look, feel and drive of my new Flex Limited. Ford truly hit one out of the ballpark with this car. Great as an every-day commuter, as well as a long-haul cruiser. My only complaints, and they're odd ones, is a crazy, squeaking dashboard, headrests that push my head in an uncomfortable position forward (and are non-adjustable) and the not-so- great gas mileage. I average 18 mpg and do mostly freeway driving. My A5 convertible mostly sits in the garage these days. I think she's jealous.

Disappointing seat quality
By BPJ on 06/07/10 23:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had researched this vehicle for 2 years and saw mostly positive, so I decided to go for it. Bought the Limited model. Drove it for 2 days and my back was killing me, I previously had no back issues. After driving 4 previous ford vehicles, I expected comfortable seating. I drive at least 100 miles per day and the Flex seat is not as well padded or as supportive as I had expected. The headrest is not designed for normal size people and causes my head to jut forward. There is no way to adjust the headrests to make for comfortable driving.

Love it, Love it, Love it!
By jagriner71 on 04/11/10 19:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The salesman said, "you either love the exterior or you hate it." Well, I happen to love it. I decided I liked it from a TV commercial and then fell in love at the car lot. The inside of the car is what sets it WAY beyond anything else. We test drove all the other brands, but kept coming back to the Flex for the navigation, panoramic roof, and Sync. I am so spoiled now that I can't stand to ride in another car. Kids love the car also. It is almost like a real life sized toy.

Great SUV alternative
By Sugar Land Express on 10/29/09 12:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a terrific vehicle! Traded a full size SUV and have never looked back. Styling, ride, and comfort are first rate. We bought the Limited in cinammon with white roof, and it draws appreciative looks everywhere we go. If you are tired of your boxy SUV and want an alternative that still provides room for 6 (with second row bucket seats), this is the vehicle you want. Kudos to Ford for taking a chance on such a unique car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Flex in VA is:

$134 per month*