2010 Ford Flex SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2010 Flex Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Sort Reviews by

Excellent
By hafizur1995

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this car for a year and a half and put over 35,000 miles on it. This is probably the most reliable car I've ever had. The only things I spent money on were the tires, brakes, wipers, and just your wear and tear things. The ride quality is excellent and it's very comfortable inside. It's very high tech and doesn't keep you bored. It's a very reliable car and people should really look into it if they are in the market for an alternative to mini vans. Not to mention it gets great mpg for it's size I got 18C-25H. It's very durable and feels really good on the road. I was very happy with this car. However, keep in mind that it's a Ford so it's price will go down very quickly.

Favorite Features

Sync, Bluetooth, Ride Quality, and space.

Suggested Improvements

Bad trade in value after time.

Wish I had the great experiences as others have posted
By ashley34

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our flex from a dealership new (off their lot where it sat for months) in 2010. First issue was brake noise. After three trips back, the service department replaced the brakes. Then the door handle paint peeled. Which the dealership told me was because of my wedding ring wear?! Then the center console latch broke - which was covered and replaced under warranty. Then the transmission started slipping. That was fixed under warranty. Already had to replace the tires @ 30k miles. The latest is the paint peal has gotten worse. One dealership told me to take it back to the dealership I bought it from. Ford is ford is ford. Now - a noise in the passenger side dash. ....

Favorite Features

I like the overall spaciousness.

Suggested Improvements

Improved paint. Improved customer service at dealerships. Explain all that is covered in an extended warranty. But most of all. Make sure your customer is satisfied. I plan to sell the vehicle to avoid any more surprise not covered repairs. Mind you I only have 40k miles on this vehicle and commute less than 10 miles a day.

We love it!
By Anonymous

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our Flex in April 2010 and love the car. Ride is awesome. Contrary to some reviews, we have had good gas mileage on highway trips 24.5 and around town 19-20. My brother in law came over to check it out when we brought it home and within a week he had one in his garage also. We have had a problem also with a squeaking dash on a hot sunny day with the a/c on vent. Goes away when switched to floor. Dealer can't duplicate it, but has not given up. Will try again next summer. We did have a problem with the front brakes, but they also promptly took care of it. Love the looks of the white top and the fact that it can haul 7 people and still look cool. It's a keeper.

Favorite Features

White roof, seats 7, plenty of power even w/out ecoboost, ride quality, great vacation car, always draws a crowd, quiet, no gas cap, rear seat leg room

Suggested Improvements

Head rests hit the back of your head, dash squeak

Love my Flex
By Chris

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had it for a few months and really enjoy driving it. We purchased it as a replacement for a minivan and even though the dimensions claim to be very similar, the Flex seems a lot bigger than our extended Venture. The Flex also has the fold flat seats for all 3 rows (except driver seat, of course) which really comes in handy if you need to bring a stack of 2x4's home to build a tree fort (or something)

Favorite Features

Size, Comfort, Usability

Suggested Improvements

Although the interior is very nice, it could be less drab.

Great Car but beware of Cap-less Filler
By SteveK

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Flex is my company vehicle so it sees tremendous use. I really like it and so does my family for home use. Big and very flexible. One main issue so far is the Fuel Filler. The cap-less design is easily damaged and then you can't get fuel in your vehicle, it keeps shutting the pump off. I live in NJ where you can't pump your own gas so I cant control how they do it. Taking to dealer tomorrow to get it fixed but did some research and saw lots of comments on the web on this (not covered under warranty, etc. and it seems to be way too common). So be wary!

Favorite Features

Sync system for hands free. Big flexible seating. Comfortable. Fairly problem free.

Suggested Improvements

Cap-less fuel filler while cool seems to be easily damaged. FORD needs better design if people are complaining and breaking on a "New" vehicle. That to me means a lack of robustness in the design. Fueling should be a no-brainer

I got a lemon
By camumma

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Flex 5 mo. and it has 4,600 mi on it. I've had nothing but problems from day one. It's been in the shop 3xs. The speakers do Morse code, the dash board squeaks but most importantly, the transmission slips around 3xs a week. I've taken it to 2 dealerships and so far they can't duplicate the issues. The turning radius is horrible! I have to do a lot of 3 points when back out of parking spots. The gas mileage stays at 17 mi/hr no matter if I'm driving fwys or streets. It did not get better after the "break in" period. There is no access to the 3rd row with 2 car seats. I have to have passengers crawl in from the back. I plan on contacting a lawyer.

Favorite Features

The ONLY thing I like about the Flex is that it looks "cool" and has a good safety rating.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius, no cross interference with speakers from cell phones, better gas mileage.

Poor door fit and trim fit
By MD

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Flex about a month ago. I noticed that the rear driver side door and front passenger door are poorly aligned with the accompanying body lines. According to Ford and the dealer, the other 2010ís are like this, so that makes the poor quality acceptable. Also, there is a rear passenger door glass seal that is sagging at the top and of course they say this is normal even though you can see it was designed to not sag. So far they have refused to do anything about the issues. If they say this poor quality is acceptable what else have the lowered the quality bar on? I am very aggravated and disappointed with Ford motor company.

Favorite Features

Sync feature is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the qulity of the body and door fit.

Great car
By Joe H.

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drove our Flex on a road trip to Florida within weeks of buying. I'll give Ford all 10s for everything but the level of comfort of the front seat cushions.

Favorite Features

There's a lot to like in this car. Fold down rear seats, good cargo space, good ride, handles well, tight body fit, minimal wind noise, good visibility, convenient controls, overall quality, better than estimated gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint-poorly designed front seats are too uncomfortable. U-shaped cushions create pressure points on outer edges. Trim shop reduced edges, added extra padding, made the seats comfortable through trial and error. Can't believe Ford plans to use these type front seats in future F-150, Focus.

Flex Is Excellent!
By Buzz Garven

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle from FORD has made us completely forget about our overpriced, awfully reliable BMW X5 Sport, and we Saved $30,000 by purchasing FORD FLEX instead of European service nightmare.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating, huge second row legroom, cruising road feel and overall handling are real good. Love the capless gas filler, while Heat and AC are quickest we have ever seen!

Suggested Improvements

Power telescope wheel, and this vehicle rolls the overseas characters.

Am awesome suprise
By shawna

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had been test driving Tahoes and Youkons and accidentally found the Flex. I had test drove a used car and happened to look over and saw an all white flex. I asked my husband, if for kicks, he wanted to look at it and when we did we were in for a suprise at how much room it had. It had more room than any vehicle we had looked at. As soon as I test drove it and felt how smooth it was I was hooked. I LOVE driving it and I love the gas mileage. It fits our family of 6 very well!

Favorite Features

I love Sync. I can talk hands free, use voice commands for my phone and for my music. I like how all I have to say is the playlist I want from my Ipod and it plays it. I love all the hands free options so I can concentrate on driving

Suggested Improvements

I love it just the way it is. GOod job FORD!