2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Excellent
By hafizur1995 on 08/17/13 21:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this car for a year and a half and put over 35,000 miles on it. This is probably the most reliable car I've ever had. The only things I spent money on were the tires, brakes, wipers, and just your wear and tear things. The ride quality is excellent and it's very comfortable inside. It's very high tech and doesn't keep you bored. It's a very reliable car and people should really look into it if they are in the market for an alternative to mini vans. Not to mention it gets great mpg for it's size I got 18C-25H. It's very durable and feels really good on the road. I was very happy with this car. However, keep in mind that it's a Ford so it's price will go down very quickly.

Wish I had the great experiences as others have posted
By ashley34 on 01/25/13 14:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our flex from a dealership new (off their lot where it sat for months) in 2010. First issue was brake noise. After three trips back, the service department replaced the brakes. Then the door handle paint peeled. Which the dealership told me was because of my wedding ring wear?! Then the center console latch broke - which was covered and replaced under warranty. Then the transmission started slipping. That was fixed under warranty. Already had to replace the tires @ 30k miles. The latest is the paint peal has gotten worse. One dealership told me to take it back to the dealership I bought it from. Ford is ford is ford. Now - a noise in the passenger side dash. ....

We love it!
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our Flex in April 2010 and love the car. Ride is awesome. Contrary to some reviews, we have had good gas mileage on highway trips 24.5 and around town 19-20. My brother in law came over to check it out when we brought it home and within a week he had one in his garage also. We have had a problem also with a squeaking dash on a hot sunny day with the a/c on vent. Goes away when switched to floor. Dealer can't duplicate it, but has not given up. Will try again next summer. We did have a problem with the front brakes, but they also promptly took care of it. Love the looks of the white top and the fact that it can haul 7 people and still look cool. It's a keeper.

Love my Flex
By Chris on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had it for a few months and really enjoy driving it. We purchased it as a replacement for a minivan and even though the dimensions claim to be very similar, the Flex seems a lot bigger than our extended Venture. The Flex also has the fold flat seats for all 3 rows (except driver seat, of course) which really comes in handy if you need to bring a stack of 2x4's home to build a tree fort (or something)

Great Car but beware of Cap-less Filler
By SteveK on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Flex is my company vehicle so it sees tremendous use. I really like it and so does my family for home use. Big and very flexible. One main issue so far is the Fuel Filler. The cap-less design is easily damaged and then you can't get fuel in your vehicle, it keeps shutting the pump off. I live in NJ where you can't pump your own gas so I cant control how they do it. Taking to dealer tomorrow to get it fixed but did some research and saw lots of comments on the web on this (not covered under warranty, etc. and it seems to be way too common). So be wary!

I got a lemon
By camumma on 05/26/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Flex 5 mo. and it has 4,600 mi on it. I've had nothing but problems from day one. It's been in the shop 3xs. The speakers do Morse code, the dash board squeaks but most importantly, the transmission slips around 3xs a week. I've taken it to 2 dealerships and so far they can't duplicate the issues. The turning radius is horrible! I have to do a lot of 3 points when back out of parking spots. The gas mileage stays at 17 mi/hr no matter if I'm driving fwys or streets. It did not get better after the "break in" period. There is no access to the 3rd row with 2 car seats. I have to have passengers crawl in from the back. I plan on contacting a lawyer.

Poor door fit and trim fit
By MD on 04/27/10 08:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Flex about a month ago. I noticed that the rear driver side door and front passenger door are poorly aligned with the accompanying body lines. According to Ford and the dealer, the other 2010’s are like this, so that makes the poor quality acceptable. Also, there is a rear passenger door glass seal that is sagging at the top and of course they say this is normal even though you can see it was designed to not sag. So far they have refused to do anything about the issues. If they say this poor quality is acceptable what else have the lowered the quality bar on? I am very aggravated and disappointed with Ford motor company.

Great car
By Joe H. on 03/08/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drove our Flex on a road trip to Florida within weeks of buying. I'll give Ford all 10s for everything but the level of comfort of the front seat cushions.

Flex Is Excellent!
By Buzz Garven on 02/21/10 19:37 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle from FORD has made us completely forget about our overpriced, awfully reliable BMW X5 Sport, and we Saved $30,000 by purchasing FORD FLEX instead of European service nightmare.

Am awesome suprise
By shawna on 02/11/10 17:27 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had been test driving Tahoes and Youkons and accidentally found the Flex. I had test drove a used car and happened to look over and saw an all white flex. I asked my husband, if for kicks, he wanted to look at it and when we did we were in for a suprise at how much room it had. It had more room than any vehicle we had looked at. As soon as I test drove it and felt how smooth it was I was hooked. I LOVE driving it and I love the gas mileage. It fits our family of 6 very well!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Flex in VA is:

$133 per month*