Used 2010 Ford Flex SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Excellent
By hafizur1995

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this car for a year and a half and put over 35,000 miles on it. This is probably the most reliable car I've ever had. The only things I spent money on were the tires, brakes, wipers, and just your wear and tear things. The ride quality is excellent and it's very comfortable inside. It's very high tech and doesn't keep you bored. It's a very reliable car and people should really look into it if they are in the market for an alternative to mini vans. Not to mention it gets great mpg for it's size I got 18C-25H. It's very durable and feels really good on the road. I was very happy with this car. However, keep in mind that it's a Ford so it's price will go down very quickly.

Sync, Bluetooth, Ride Quality, and space.

Bad trade in value after time.

Wish I had the great experiences as others have posted
By ashley34

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our flex from a dealership new (off their lot where it sat for months) in 2010. First issue was brake noise. After three trips back, the service department replaced the brakes. Then the door handle paint peeled. Which the dealership told me was because of my wedding ring wear?! Then the center console latch broke - which was covered and replaced under warranty. Then the transmission started slipping. That was fixed under warranty. Already had to replace the tires @ 30k miles. The latest is the paint peal has gotten worse. One dealership told me to take it back to the dealership I bought it from. Ford is ford is ford. Now - a noise in the passenger side dash. ....

I like the overall spaciousness.

Improved paint. Improved customer service at dealerships. Explain all that is covered in an extended warranty. But most of all. Make sure your customer is satisfied. I plan to sell the vehicle to avoid any more surprise not covered repairs. Mind you I only have 40k miles on this vehicle and commute less than 10 miles a day.

We love it!
By Anonymous

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our Flex in April 2010 and love the car. Ride is awesome. Contrary to some reviews, we have had good gas mileage on highway trips 24.5 and around town 19-20. My brother in law came over to check it out when we brought it home and within a week he had one in his garage also. We have had a problem also with a squeaking dash on a hot sunny day with the a/c on vent. Goes away when switched to floor. Dealer can't duplicate it, but has not given up. Will try again next summer. We did have a problem with the front brakes, but they also promptly took care of it. Love the looks of the white top and the fact that it can haul 7 people and still look cool. It's a keeper.

White roof, seats 7, plenty of power even w/out ecoboost, ride quality, great vacation car, always draws a crowd, quiet, no gas cap, rear seat leg room

Head rests hit the back of your head, dash squeak

Love my Flex
By Chris

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had it for a few months and really enjoy driving it. We purchased it as a replacement for a minivan and even though the dimensions claim to be very similar, the Flex seems a lot bigger than our extended Venture. The Flex also has the fold flat seats for all 3 rows (except driver seat, of course) which really comes in handy if you need to bring a stack of 2x4's home to build a tree fort (or something)

Size, Comfort, Usability

Although the interior is very nice, it could be less drab.

Great Car but beware of Cap-less Filler
By SteveK

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Flex is my company vehicle so it sees tremendous use. I really like it and so does my family for home use. Big and very flexible. One main issue so far is the Fuel Filler. The cap-less design is easily damaged and then you can't get fuel in your vehicle, it keeps shutting the pump off. I live in NJ where you can't pump your own gas so I cant control how they do it. Taking to dealer tomorrow to get it fixed but did some research and saw lots of comments on the web on this (not covered under warranty, etc. and it seems to be way too common). So be wary!

Sync system for hands free. Big flexible seating. Comfortable. Fairly problem free.

Cap-less fuel filler while cool seems to be easily damaged. FORD needs better design if people are complaining and breaking on a "New" vehicle. That to me means a lack of robustness in the design. Fueling should be a no-brainer