2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Excellent
By hafizur1995 on 08/17/13 21:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this car for a year and a half and put over 35,000 miles on it. This is probably the most reliable car I've ever had. The only things I spent money on were the tires, brakes, wipers, and just your wear and tear things. The ride quality is excellent and it's very comfortable inside. It's very high tech and doesn't keep you bored. It's a very reliable car and people should really look into it if they are in the market for an alternative to mini vans. Not to mention it gets great mpg for it's size I got 18C-25H. It's very durable and feels really good on the road. I was very happy with this car. However, keep in mind that it's a Ford so it's price will go down very quickly.

2010 Ford Flex
By razerbackrob on 03/06/13 19:01 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Flex for just over 3 years now. We use this vehicle for shuttling kids, work, and everyday errands. We have been very happy and still have original brakes pushing 78000 miles. I am 6"4" and am very comfortable driving this car. Feel like a little guy in a big car. Gas mileage averages almost 20 exactly between city and highway which would be expected for a vehicle of this size. We have towed the boat (not far) but it easily pulls a 20' in and out of the water with no problem. Two complaints. The tire where is excessive. The Good Year original tires were slicks at 42000 and Yokahama are not much better . Worst front wheel drive vehicle in the snow I have driven ever.

Wish I had the great experiences as others have posted
By ashley34 on 01/25/13 14:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our flex from a dealership new (off their lot where it sat for months) in 2010. First issue was brake noise. After three trips back, the service department replaced the brakes. Then the door handle paint peeled. Which the dealership told me was because of my wedding ring wear?! Then the center console latch broke - which was covered and replaced under warranty. Then the transmission started slipping. That was fixed under warranty. Already had to replace the tires @ 30k miles. The latest is the paint peal has gotten worse. One dealership told me to take it back to the dealership I bought it from. Ford is ford is ford. Now - a noise in the passenger side dash. ....

Great Family Hauler
By jpete204 on 02/13/12 12:30 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2010 Flex with ecoboost and have very few complaints about our vehicle thus far. It's pretty good on fuel (when you don't put your foot in it, which is almost never) it's an extremely comfortable and versatile car and did I mention it has ecoboost? I'm not a huge fan of the marketing speak Ford used to describe this twin turbo direct injection engine, but this motor deserves every positive word said about it. I've done some light duty towing and the motor feels as though it is never straining. Passing power is where the powerplant shines. My only minor nits to pick would be a couple of trim pieces which have broken and a faulty O2 sensor, which were both under warranty.

Ford FLEX - Lemon
By yeghi on 08/14/11 10:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brand new FLEX 2010. already replaced two balljoint/shafts on the front passenger wheel. First around 12000 miles, and 2nd on 21000 miles. The car still pulling to the right and not fixed. The Dealership admits the problem exist, they claim it is the tire!?, I am questioning are we expecting to change tires every 12000 miles? The extreme tire wear and the pulling to the right is an indication of an existing problem with the front alignment of this car. However both dealer and the Ford Company seem reluctant to do anything about it. The FLEX in general seems to have a weak (perhaps below truck standards) front structure, it seems that all I read is about wheels, breaks, and noises, however, all in front?

Ford Flex Brake issues
By phillthedog on 07/16/11 07:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had our Flex for nearly two years once we hit 22k miles began having brake failures car has been in dealer 5 times they have replaced vacuum booster and check valves. When the car has been parked overnight or for a few hours the brake pedal is very hard the car will not stop. Ford says this is "normal" operating procedure and we have to warm the car up for five minutes before driving which is totally unacceptable. Dealer is as frustrated as we are Ford sent out an engineer who said he could not replicate the problem. We are truly disappointed with Ford.

Life with the Flex
By rroselavy on 06/01/11 20:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had a Flex for over 18 months now. Summary: 1) Nice outside. Many ask about how we like the car. 2) Roomy inside. Excessive for in town, but great for long trips. 3) 12" longer than our last SUV. Street parking can be more challenging. 4) Poor fuel efficiency. We get 13gph city, and about 22gph highway. 5) Build quality OK. Plastic covers on base of front seats and door handles keep popping off. Engineering falls short in the minor details. 6) Ford Service is apathetic. They do the work, but do not seem to care about customer satisfaction. 7) Navigation system is poorly designed and clumsy. Passenger can't enter address when car is moving. Media player and bluetooth works well.

Already Replaced Left Turbo
By kjhgr01 on 01/27/11 16:44 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to wait 3 months to get my Flex built. Steel Blue with Black Charcoal leather. So far so good. I would never think I would own a Ford. I owned many Honda & Acura and one Volvo. I always despite the Ford products because of safety issues. I never felt more safe in that box! The front brakes are kinda weird when humidity is high or wet. I average about 18 - 19 mpg with the A/C on, and about 20 - 21 mpg when A/C is off. At 22500 miles I had to replace the left turbo (leaked oil), an A/C line and a radiator shroud (technician broke it while trying to reassemble the turbo.) I have been using Mobil 1 full synthetic oil since the 2nd oil change. Fortunately my Ford dealer is nice.

How do you spell relief? F-L-E-X
By larbo on 12/09/10 20:03 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our Flex SEL since April 2010. We wanted to replace our 2007 Buick Terraza because it was a "hangar-queen". We had never owned a Ford product. We were skeptical because of the boxy look, but it has quickly grown on us. It is a cool looking vehicle. We have not taken it back to the dealer for anything except to rotate the tires. I have changed the oil twice myself in 8200 miles and it does not use oil. In the suburbs we get 19.2 MPG and on the highway we can get up to 26 MPG. We love it. It is reliable and the Sync System with Navigation is awesome.

We love it!
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our Flex in April 2010 and love the car. Ride is awesome. Contrary to some reviews, we have had good gas mileage on highway trips 24.5 and around town 19-20. My brother in law came over to check it out when we brought it home and within a week he had one in his garage also. We have had a problem also with a squeaking dash on a hot sunny day with the a/c on vent. Goes away when switched to floor. Dealer can't duplicate it, but has not given up. Will try again next summer. We did have a problem with the front brakes, but they also promptly took care of it. Love the looks of the white top and the fact that it can haul 7 people and still look cool. It's a keeper.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Flex in VA is:

$133 per month*