Used 2010 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Excellent
By hafizur1995

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this car for a year and a half and put over 35,000 miles on it. This is probably the most reliable car I've ever had. The only things I spent money on were the tires, brakes, wipers, and just your wear and tear things. The ride quality is excellent and it's very comfortable inside. It's very high tech and doesn't keep you bored. It's a very reliable car and people should really look into it if they are in the market for an alternative to mini vans. Not to mention it gets great mpg for it's size I got 18C-25H. It's very durable and feels really good on the road. I was very happy with this car. However, keep in mind that it's a Ford so it's price will go down very quickly.

Sync, Bluetooth, Ride Quality, and space.

Bad trade in value after time.

2010 Ford Flex
By razerbackrob

2010 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Flex for just over 3 years now. We use this vehicle for shuttling kids, work, and everyday errands. We have been very happy and still have original brakes pushing 78000 miles. I am 6"4" and am very comfortable driving this car. Feel like a little guy in a big car. Gas mileage averages almost 20 exactly between city and highway which would be expected for a vehicle of this size. We have towed the boat (not far) but it easily pulls a 20' in and out of the water with no problem. Two complaints. The tire where is excessive. The Good Year original tires were slicks at 42000 and Yokahama are not much better . Worst front wheel drive vehicle in the snow I have driven ever.

Favorite features is the head room and leg room for this vehicle. Overall the vehicle has been a good dependable vehicle.

Wish I had the great experiences as others have posted
By ashley34

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our flex from a dealership new (off their lot where it sat for months) in 2010. First issue was brake noise. After three trips back, the service department replaced the brakes. Then the door handle paint peeled. Which the dealership told me was because of my wedding ring wear?! Then the center console latch broke - which was covered and replaced under warranty. Then the transmission started slipping. That was fixed under warranty. Already had to replace the tires @ 30k miles. The latest is the paint peal has gotten worse. One dealership told me to take it back to the dealership I bought it from. Ford is ford is ford. Now - a noise in the passenger side dash. ....

I like the overall spaciousness.

Improved paint. Improved customer service at dealerships. Explain all that is covered in an extended warranty. But most of all. Make sure your customer is satisfied. I plan to sell the vehicle to avoid any more surprise not covered repairs. Mind you I only have 40k miles on this vehicle and commute less than 10 miles a day.

Great Family Hauler
By jpete204

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2010 Flex with ecoboost and have very few complaints about our vehicle thus far. It's pretty good on fuel (when you don't put your foot in it, which is almost never) it's an extremely comfortable and versatile car and did I mention it has ecoboost? I'm not a huge fan of the marketing speak Ford used to describe this twin turbo direct injection engine, but this motor deserves every positive word said about it. I've done some light duty towing and the motor feels as though it is never straining. Passing power is where the powerplant shines. My only minor nits to pick would be a couple of trim pieces which have broken and a faulty O2 sensor, which were both under warranty.

- Ecoboost engine - Ability to tow up to 4500 pounds with sway control - SYNC - Park Assist

- Price is a little steep - Some questionable exterior trim fit and finish - Roof rack should be made available with the vista roof option (which apparently Ford has done in 2011) - For the price, other options such as rain sensing wipers and adaptive cruise should be available or standard on the limited and titanium trim levels

Ford FLEX - Lemon
By yeghi

2010 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brand new FLEX 2010. already replaced two balljoint/shafts on the front passenger wheel. First around 12000 miles, and 2nd on 21000 miles. The car still pulling to the right and not fixed. The Dealership admits the problem exist, they claim it is the tire!?, I am questioning are we expecting to change tires every 12000 miles? The extreme tire wear and the pulling to the right is an indication of an existing problem with the front alignment of this car. However both dealer and the Ford Company seem reluctant to do anything about it. The FLEX in general seems to have a weak (perhaps below truck standards) front structure, it seems that all I read is about wheels, breaks, and noises, however, all in front?

Looks

The FLEX in general seems to have a weak (perhaps below truck standards) front structure, it seems that all I read is about wheels, breaks, and noises, however, all in front? 1- Better or perhaps truck quality/standard and strength front structure, wheel joints, etc. Whatever the existing standards are it seems weak and problematic. 2- The terrible transmission down-shift 3- Front dashboard squeaks and noises.