Used 2010 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Engine replaced at 109,000
By Jim Olive

2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The ecoboost is not perfected yet. Very nice ride for comfort.

All was great a month ago.
By Jjulian

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A month ago, this review would have been all stars. We bought this car because of the room. Our 15 yr old son of 6ft. 5in could sit in the middle seat with ease and comfort. Considering the size of the vehicle, the gas milage is good. I have actually gotten up to 30 mpg a few times on the hwy. We also had a family member who owned the same model and began having the gas tank drop to completely empty at around 60 miles till empty, while our vehicle had no such problem...till a month ago. I was driving down the road, 65 miles till empty then "ding" goes the warning, zero miles till empty. I freaked. This has happened 3 more times since as I wanted to test if it would repeat. Now I don't let it get below 100 miles left before I refill the tank. This is scary and a safety issue.

Excellent
By hafizur1995

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this car for a year and a half and put over 35,000 miles on it. This is probably the most reliable car I've ever had. The only things I spent money on were the tires, brakes, wipers, and just your wear and tear things. The ride quality is excellent and it's very comfortable inside. It's very high tech and doesn't keep you bored. It's a very reliable car and people should really look into it if they are in the market for an alternative to mini vans. Not to mention it gets great mpg for it's size I got 18C-25H. It's very durable and feels really good on the road. I was very happy with this car. However, keep in mind that it's a Ford so it's price will go down very quickly.

Sync, Bluetooth, Ride Quality, and space.

Bad trade in value after time.

2010 Ford Flex
By razerbackrob

2010 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Flex for just over 3 years now.
We use this vehicle for shuttling kids, work, and everyday errands.
We have been very happy and still have original brakes pushing 78000 miles.
I am 6"4" and am very comfortable driving this car.
Feel like a little guy in a big car.
Gas mileage averages almost
20 exactly between city and highway which would be expected for a vehicle of this size.
We have towed the boat (not far) but it easily pulls a 20' in and out of the water with no problem.

Two complaints.
The tire where is excessive. The Good Year original tires were slicks at 42000 and Yokahama are not much better .
Worst front wheel drive vehicle in the snow I have driven ever.

Favorite features is the head room and leg room for this vehicle. Overall the vehicle has been a good dependable vehicle.

Wish I had the great experiences as others have posted
By ashley34

2010 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our flex from a dealership new (off their lot where it sat for months) in 2010.
First issue was brake noise.
After three trips back, the service department replaced the brakes.
Then the door handle paint peeled. Which the dealership told me was because of my wedding ring wear?!
Then the center console latch broke - which was covered and replaced under warranty.
Then the transmission started slipping.
That was fixed under warranty.
Already had to replace the tires @ 30k miles. The latest is the paint peal has gotten worse.
One dealership told me to take it back to the dealership I bought it from.
Ford is ford is ford.
Now - a noise in the passenger side dash.
....

I like the overall spaciousness.

Improved paint. Improved customer service at dealerships. Explain all that is covered in an extended warranty. But most of all. Make sure your customer is satisfied. I plan to sell the vehicle to avoid any more surprise not covered repairs. Mind you I only have 40k miles on this vehicle and commute less than 10 miles a day.