Sticker shock
By surfredski on
2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
In general my 2009 Ford Flex has been a very enjoyable car, I've almost 50,000 miles on it other than the center console latch breaking in the first year it's been a good car. Last month I had noticed two of the panels between the doors was loose. These are about the size of a bumper sticker and run vertically between the doors. The dealer said it would be $198 for each panel. Last week one of them flew off the car and I realized they are basically stickers. The plastic panels are held on with foam tape whose glue is now failing. I can't believe Ford is charging $198 for what are glorified stickers! My car was always hand washed, garaged and Seattle is a mild climate. Anyone else see this
Favorite Features
Love the comfort and ride of the Flex. The interior is nicely done, some with not so durable materials however. The mid console latch is weak plastic and a joke.
Suggested Improvements
Exterior panels on cars should not be stickers that give way and fly off the car. Seal the doors where they meet the body. Too much dirt gets in the door jambs.