2009 Ford Flex Consumer Review: 0 Miles to "E" with a 1/4 tank

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

0 Miles to "E" with a 1/4 tank
By designqueen83 on

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Flex since August of 2010. I have put on 78k miles total. With in the first winter I had 1/4 of a tank of gas and the reader told me there were 60 miles to E. I was in good shape to get to work then get gas at lunch. My car dinged, read 0 miles to E and then shut down. This has happened a few times since and the dealership can't pin point the problem. They have even made it die the same way too (b/c they didn't believe me). Now I am left with a solution of don't drive it under 1/4 tank and don't get down to 90 miles to E. Seriously? Is anyone else having this problem? I am the second owner and the first time it happened was at 30k. Senders have been replaced and other parts.

Ok I have to say I LOVE my Flex. I love that we could all fit and have room. I loved that my best friend, 2 her kids, daughter and our 2 sisters could all fit in this car for rides and outings. It has a smooth ride and would be perfect to take camping and use as a bed with an air mattress. Seriously hate to give up this car but going to have to. Due to problems and gas mileage.

Make the fuel problems stop!!!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review