2009 Ford Flex Consumer Review: 0 Miles to "E" with a 1/4 tank

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

0 Miles to "E" with a 1/4 tank
By designqueen83 on

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Flex since August of 2010. I have put on 78k miles total. With in the first winter I had 1/4 of a tank of gas and the reader told me there were 60 miles to E. I was in good shape to get to work then get gas at lunch. My car dinged, read 0 miles to E and then shut down. This has happened a few times since and the dealership can't pin point the problem. They have even made it die the same way too (b/c they didn't believe me). Now I am left with a solution of don't drive it under 1/4 tank and don't get down to 90 miles to E. Seriously? Is anyone else having this problem? I am the second owner and the first time it happened was at 30k. Senders have been replaced and other parts.

Ok I have to say I LOVE my Flex. I love that we could all fit and have room. I loved that my best friend, 2 her kids, daughter and our 2 sisters could all fit in this car for rides and outings. It has a smooth ride and would be perfect to take camping and use as a bed with an air mattress. Seriously hate to give up this car but going to have to. Due to problems and gas mileage.

Make the fuel problems stop!!!