JR's Flex Review
By John R. Robinson on
2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
We purchased a Ford Flex as our "people mover" for a family of six. Our previous work horses were a Suburban (160K miles) and a Honda Odyssey (130K miles). I loved the Suburban, the Odyssey was adequate, but am wowed so far by the Flex. We opted for 50/50 2nd row seating. This combined with the 50/50 3rd row seating has lead to little to no arguments about who sits in back! (all seats are equally comfortable) The interior features are great. We opted for the sky lights and this really opens up the passenger seating. My wife quickly fell in love with the bluetooth/SYNC capabilities and enjoys hands free cell phone talking while driving. 4500 miles so far and no regrets. A winner!
Favorite Features
Unique styling. It's a head turner, we gets lots of comments like: "what is this?". Riding comfort. It's a cross between your dad's Cadailac or Lincoln and your old SUV. Styling and fund to drive. The kids love it and my wife enjoy's Flexin'. Push button access to 3rd row seating.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy - better than most or all in its class, but room for improvement. You've read about the head rests by now. . .tilt your seat back slightly and the problem is less noticable. I hope Ford provides more exterior color choices in future years.