Fun and Not Boring!
By Scott D. on
2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
We wanted to replace our minivan and still needed to seat at least 6. I looked at this car and many others and kept coming back to the Flex. It grows on you quickly. Two months later and 5,000 miles already - I love it. I have had at least 6 strangers stop and look and ask me about it. Never had that happen with any other new car! I like that it is different than the usual common, boring SUVs, crossovers, and sedans. Tons of interior room for family. I am 6'-5" and this is the only car I have owned where the driver's seat is not all the way back. The boxy style helps with the engine compartment and the maintenance points (oil, battery, filters) are easily accessible.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling, fun to drive, handles great, and has no trouble accelerating with the best of the them. Also like the Sync system (didn't think I would use it but do all the time now), four wheel auto anti-skid and anti-roll, rear backup warning, and thoughtful media control features.
Suggested Improvements
It could use one more foot of depth in the cargo area, but you can fold down seats to give you the space you need if less than 7 on board.