2009 Ford Flex Consumer Review: Ford is back!

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Ford is back!
By Luke on

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2 years ago I dumped my GMC Suburban and purchased a Scion XB. I was always unhappy with the XB's size & amenities, but the mileage made up for it. I was considering a GMC Acadia. Then came Flex. As soon as it appeard on Yahoo I knew it was going to be mine! I now have a loaded SEL. My wife loves it, too! Finally a cool, luxury ride. Yesterday it averaged 27.9 MPG at 60MPH over a "hilly" 10 mile highway segment using the cruise control! Wow! It beats the sticker MPG, even in the city. I'm very proud of Ford!

Interior desing and rear leg room. The Sync works well. The seats are amazingly comfortable. It so quiet! Mileage is suprisingly high for a car this size. It just looks cool and turn heads.

The front seat headrests intrude forward a bit to much - to reduce whiplash - so I raise them. I would like to see the front cup holder trim light up with default "blue" if "lighting upgrade" is not ordered.