Flex Findings at 1500miles
By Pete V. on
2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
My first impression was it's a mini hearse or Mini on steroids. It evokes a strong reaction which is mellowed after driving it. We like driving the Flex but it becomes painful on longer trips due to the lack of steering wheel length adjustment. Our fuel mileage ranges between 13-15 mpg which is of concern and not fully acknowledged by the dealer. The nav, audio, heater system and display is inoperative at cold temps (mid 20'sF) until the vehicle interior warms up. A repair of the rear exterior appliqué panel was required. Folding seat locks need a second adjustment to work properly. Overall we like it and hope to get the bugs fixed soon.
Favorite Features
The roadability and quiet are great. It's a luxury ride with a lovely fit and finish. The second row power folding seat mechanism is handy.
Suggested Improvements
A telescoping steering wheel adjustment retrofit kit. Given the current market I'll likely keep the car longer so I wouldn't trade up just to get the adjustable steering wheel. I would pay for an upgrade. Greater clearance between the driver seat and door panel when seat is fully raised.