Flex almost perfect
By clanger8525 on
2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Just got our Flex. Took some time as we must have been one of only a few people that wanted the Limited AWD with middle row bench. Came out of an LR3, so we are getting way better mileage. 17-24 is great for a 7 passenger vehicle. Way quieter and a better drive than an 09 Pilot (our only other serious contender) Super comfortable, and the Sync Nav system is awesome. My only complaint - The door clearance is only 9.5 inches, so it's highly likely we'll be scraping the curb on a regular basis. To put this in perspective, my Porsche 911 has 11.5" of clearance - so I consider that a real problem that people should know about when making their buying decisions
Favorite Features
Styling. Sync with Nav and touch screen. Comfort. Quiet and stable on the freeway. Probably the nicest interior you can get in this price range, and it doesn't drive like a truck or mini van (unlike Pilot and Acadia). Overall 9.5 out of 10. You won't be dissapointed!
Suggested Improvements
Door clearance! I guess its a trade of for the slick design, but had i known prior to getting the car, it could have been a deal breaker, but only since i live in a city with lots of un-even sidewalks. Probably not an issue you live in the burbs.