2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Great Family Car
By westwood mom on 08/10/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had this vehicle for two months and very happy. A big improvement over our Acura MDX (which it replaced) in terms of comfort, smoothness of ride, and gas mileage (about 2 mpg better).

10 months and still in love
By hrm on 08/07/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our flex for 10+ months and are still thrilled. The ride is amazing. We have taken two vacations in this car and it is extremely comfortable. I feel very connected to the road in this car and never feel the wind as opposed to my previous 4Runner that was difficult to handle in the slightest wind. People still are stopping me and asking me about this car. Easily average 26 mpg on the highway and 18 around town. Fit, finish and performance are still flawless. I am very proud of FORD!

One Year - 25000 Miles. Need I say more?
By Country Cruiser on 07/31/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased car as we moved away from our family. Since have put almost 25000 miles on the car. Issues to date: Cracked passenger 'A' pillar cover, chips from the flat frontal area. Pros: -Great to drive across country. -No DVD player, but use computer w/ 110V outlet and male-to-male 3.5mm audio cord to watch movies with sound system. -Sirius is nice, but a pain to pay for. -Sync works well. -Navigation is better than anything out there. Cons: -Like driving a boat. -No telescoping steering wheel. -No cooled seats. -Gas mileage is so-so. -Luggage space with 6 persons is tight. Overall, satisfied with build quality and features. Just wish it could drive without me steering sometimes!

Love the Flex
By Jane Nemitz on 07/30/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Ford Windstar and as I now have 2 grandchildren, wanted a car with a bench seat for the second area so as to be able to accommodate the child seats as well as accommodate the parents. Has lots of room, is zippy, and love the style. I can find my car in any parking lot (right now). Head room as well as leg room is fantastic both in the front and second row. Car is quiet on the highway.

Best By Far
By Jason on 07/29/09 09:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the Flex after our Dodge Nitro was returned as a lemon. The Flex, which cost us about 3k more than the Nitro, is so much nicer I cannot put it into words. The ride is ultra quiet and interior feels very upscale. We test drove the Acadia, Traverse, Pilot and Highlander and the Flex stood out. Gas mileage on an all highway trip was 26mpg+. Averaging 19+ around town. Telescoping steering wheel would have been nice, but I can adjust the seat to accomodate (6'2"). 2nd row is huge. Love this car, I would definitely recommend.

Always Ford
By KGB on 07/16/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were dreading picking a new car. We considered buying another brand but fell in love with yet another Ford. My kids love the comfort and the integrated DVD. I love the sync for hands free calling. We got it fully- loaded and we are so happy we did. There is even a 110v plug-in in the rear...you can blow your hair while you drive. There are two charging adapter for your devices. We love the Sirius that was included and hooking up our ipod. The engine is fantastic. We took it on a road trip the first week we had it and not a single problem. LOVE this Flex!! The 5 moon roofs are awsome!

Ford Flex Windshield crack easy
By Scbetances on 07/10/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my ford flex 6 months and the windshield has cracked 4 times. It cost $363.00 for a replacement each time. Ford told me sorry the nothing they can do it is the design of the ford flex and it will crack easy because it has a large windshield and will catch more of the rocks from the road.

Not Another Mini-van
By Danno on 07/10/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a family of 5 and needing to replace our Honda mini-van, we drove everything we could think of. The Flex won based on the fact it didn't drive like anything else we tested. The vehicle rides great, gets decent fuel econ (18c / 23h), and has tons of room. It doesn't handle like a large vehicle which is why it is becoming the favorite car to drive even when we don't have the kids with us. The headrests and non-telescopic steering haven't bothered me like other owners (5' 10" tall) and I find this to be one of the most comfortable cars we have ever owned. The Sync system is outstanding but I'm still learning some of the features. www.syncmyride.com has updates and useful info for owners.

More extras than we have ever had
By Dave on 06/30/09 18:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought it. Never had so many extras as we have always been conservative, just the necesseties. Lightinng package is great and the sun visor has a universal garage door opener which we had never seen before. Sync is great, car runs smooth and quiet and we got a long stare from a passing car as we left the dealership.

Didn't want a van again
By Ron on 06/26/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car in many years. Ford has raised the bar. This big safe car does many things well. It is smooth and quiet, with good acceleration. I wish it had a telescoping wheel, because at 6' 4", I can move the seat back so far that the steering wheel is almost out of reach. I like the ease of folding the back seats down. It has a ton of room with them folded (not a minivan though) I added a back-up camera/gps system to my SE and it really helps backing up. Tall seats hold you in, make turning around to see difficult for me; comfortable though. Solid highway drive. Don't drive with windows open;overpressure will drive you nuts. Mileage c. 20 in town, 25 hwy. Not great, but pretty good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex in VA is:

$130 per month*