Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

I love my flex!
By Angela

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the flex it is the best car we have ever owned we have 3 children and everyone is so comfortable and has there own space it's just a fun ride, we recently went on a road trip and got 28 mpg of course this just depends on how you drive your vehicle we have never had any problems only routine maintenance for people who have had a lot of brake trouble its probably because they are rough on the brakes I would highly recommend the flex for any family also my husband and we still in our 20's and it doesn't make us feel old like a van does.

Favorite Features

I love the leather seat and how roomy they are

Suggested Improvements

No improvements that I can think of

I love my Flex!
By CJ

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a mother, this car is so ideal! The seats easy fold down button is a plus gorgeous leather interior satellite radio smooth handling easy acceleration lots of leg room for my 6 foot tall hubby

Favorite Features

Love the color of the paint it's cinnamon

Suggested Improvements

Bigger tires, these are to low profile it really needs a more aggressive tread

Great Family Hauler
By Xico

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 8 months and my family and I have really enjoyed it. It is great for going on road trips or just daily errands/driver. Seats are very comfortable. Performance is adequate. Only issue so far is that cooling fan broke, but it was replaced promptly at the dealership under warranty. Trunk space is OK for a 7-seater, but you will probably need an external cargo holder if you load up the car with 7 people for the long haul.

Favorite Features

Stylish and roomy. Looks cooler than minivan but is not as bulky as large SUVs. Great sound system and DVD player. Feels like a big car instead of bulky SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Feels a bit underpowered fully loaded going uphill.

flex headrests
By john

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have solved the headrest issue. I purchased a set of Toyota 4Runner headrests, from a wrecking yard, recovered them to match, a much better front seat now. The new headrests are adjustable back and forth, so all who ride are able to make a selection of the rest position. Total cost $100. This was my only solution since Ford took a no action attitude. Not what I call Superior Customer Service!

Favorite Features

Nice ride, except for the factory headrests.

Suggested Improvements

Re-design front seat headrests

Disappointed
By jks

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After a year of Flex ownership, it's not quite the vehicle I expected in quality. I am having front brake issues (severe grinding) which I understand is common with this vehicle. Plastic interior trim pieces falling off. Exterior plastic pillar piece coming off - it's attached with double sided tape. And the gas mileage rarely gets above 21 mpg on the highway. Don't get duped by the advertised 24 mpg.