Used 2009 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Love My Flex!
By Love My Flex!!!

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned A LOT of vehicles from focus to excursion to expedition etc. and this is the BEST vech. I have ever driven I love the design inside and out. The comfort of the ride so smooth! I have two children aged 1 and 5 and it is perfect for them! My husband is 6'3" and he has plenty of room when he is driving or riding in the front or back. My flex has the bench seat in the second row that is what I preferred and I LOVE it! I traded in my Ford Freestyle. The gas mileage is GREAT we got 24 to 24.5 on the hwy and 20 - 21 around town! I Love the power trunk and sync just wish it was turn by turn directions. I did upgrade to the 911 asst. and vech. report. Thanks Ford Love MY Flex!!

Adjustable pedals, memory seats, power trunk, comfortable seating in all 3 row's! Sync Hide Away Key Pad, Design and Color (Cinnamon with White Top) Rear Lock on air so kids can't play with it. 3rd row seat's flip backwards for tailgating, 110 V plug in second row! Love the room, ride and gas mileage!

Wish I could upgrade the Sync to turn by turn directions!

Really Bummed
By Brent Dyer

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So let's start with the brakes. Horrible brake sound when backing up. Grinding noise in the front. I took it in and they said I have to pay after 15k miles. Then the second time I took it in they said that the brakes were dirty. Horrible wind noise. Have major trans problems. Revs up to 6k rpm and I have to pull over and stop. (no, I did not touch the shifter). Took it in and they said nothing is wrong. I am taking it in again tomorrow for the 4th time in 5 months. I am tired of this and I don't have time to deal with this anymore. I am just going to be told that there is nothing wrong. Is anybody listening? I am very frustrated and no longer feel safe

Love the look.

too many plastic parts on the outside. They started to rattle after 5 months. Poorly engineered, bad wind noise and poor brake and trans

"Hunk of Junk"
By Natalie Dyer

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hate this car! I have had severe problems with the transmission as well as my brakes. Like always the dealer says nothing is wrong. I feel very unsafe in this vehicle and even though it is perfect for a family of 5- it is unsafe. I have had the transmission slip into low when I was on the fwy- my kids and I had to pull over and restart the vehicle to get it back into drive. The brakes continually grind. The dealer states they have dirt in them- once returned from the dealer it starts again. The brakes smoke and smell like they are burning. I would love to turn it back in to get my money back! VERY Disappointed.

Sync system is great

brakes and transmission.

Ooh..aww!
By Crystal M

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had our Flex about a month. So far we love it. We compared vehicles for over 6 months before buying. We love the space & all the luxuries. Everyone always ask to look inside. Too many compliments about this car. I hope the reliability is as great as all the features.

Touch Screen Navigation, Sync, Sunroofs, & Seating configurations

None @ this time!

Smart Buy - No regrets
By Jason

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had a loaded Durango, which we loved, but it was totaled in an accident. Planned to buy a used Durango, but Ford's offer was too good. My wife loved the Flex all along, I wasn't thrilled. I felt like I was ditching my "macho" Durango for a boxy station wagon. One year later, I couldn't be happier. I'm 6'4" and we have two young, but tall kids. The Flex has way more passenger room than the Durango and has already payed off in the short and long run. It's also safer and gets way better Hwy and City MPG. At $2.85/gallon, it costs about $44-$45 and drives about 400 miles per tank. That's better than my wife's Mazda6. We might trade it for a second Flex

MPG, Great passenger space for tall adults and kids - including the third row. Stylish and practical.

More storage bins through out. We keep a fair amount of "kid stuff" on the rear passenger floor. The 2009 headrests are stiff and the steering wheel doesn't telescope, but I heard they fixed both for 2010.