2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Nice but a few problems
By Chuck on 10/01/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At first we thought the vehicle was great but as time goes on I noticed that the ride was alot harder than my previous Jeeps. I know everybody raves about the smooth ride but I can't get used to the hard ride in this vehicle. Also there is a rattle coming from the steering wheel when going over bumps, I think it is the horn button. Overall it is a good car and except for the hard ride and the rattle.

Good but already some problems
By Jason on 09/21/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Within 1500 miles of driving off the lot, our Flex started making a high pitch sound out of the back of the car. It can be heard about 30 ft away and recently has grown loud enough to be heard within the car [if the radio is off]. When we took the car in to be fixed the dealer told us that it was the fuel pump. They called Ford and Ford told the dealer that the pump it is within the fuel pumps specs to make a high pitch whistle - so tough luck. As mentioned before, the whistle is growing louder, so maybe when our ears start to bleed Ford may change their mind, until then I tell everyone who asks how much we regret the purchase.

Lovin it so far!
By NewOwner-in-Orlando on 09/18/09 22:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Extremely comfortable with exception of the headrests which tilt too far forward. Easily remedied by reclining the seat slightly. I've had people ask me if they can peak inside the car because they love the outside and need to look further. Always lots of ooooooo's and ahhhhhhhh's. I've noticed I get the best gas mileage by using the setting with the display that shows when I'm driving in the most fuel efficient way. I drive mostly in town and get around 14 mpg. My husband on the other hand who is more of a hurry- to-the-traffic light kind of driver gets around 11 mpg. Highway average seems to be around 20mpg.

Windshield
By claris on 09/14/09 05:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have to agree with the other reviewer, I have had my Flex 1 month and have had the windshield crack 2 times! We were only going 20 miles an hour the last time. We don't live in rocky area and we were not going fast either time. Seems like some sort of defect in the glass, I have never had this happen before. I feel like my insurance co is going to start thinking I'm doing something shady! :) When we picked the car up at the dealer the Vista Roof glass was cracked and had to be repaired so technically we are on our 3rd glass repair in a month. We love the car other than that.

Flexing my flex
By jason weatherly on 09/13/09 01:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our dreams came true when my wife and I adopted our 4th child making us a family of six and too big for our vehicles. We always thought that the Flex was beautifully stylish so here was our chance to be practical and stylish with one vehicle. We now have plenty of room with style and comfort showing on everyone's face!

Drive a Flex and You will buy it, I did!
By Randy from Quad City on 09/12/09 05:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car! We test drove the Flex and that was all it took to say "we'll buy it!" Our last car was a Toyota Avalon, but the Flex simply is a better ride. My wife and I are getting older so we wanted comfort, which the Flex excels at for both short trips around town and long trips when we visit our grandchildren 300 miles away. We use the built in Travel Link to check Live Weather Radar, Gas station prices and local movie listings! Cool! So many people have stopped us to ask about the Flex and told us they love the look! Even the 20 something bank teller at the drive through this week. Definitely a head turner with the white roof! Our friends all want to drive our car!

Love our Flex
By First time Ford on 09/08/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have been driving VW (she) and Audi (he) product for over 10 years now. We had our first baby and needed a lot more room for passengers (Mom & Dad, Grand-Ma & Grand-Pa plus baby),The Flex caught our eye; we loved the styling and pricing. The interior lighting is VERY cool, the seats are VERY comfortable, the cabin is quiet the AC is cold and strong. Have limited AWD with white roof / cinnamon body. I was disappointed to see the overspray of white paint when open rear hatch, no telescopic steering wheel. Overall, we think we will drive this Flex for many years, and will likely purchase another one when the time comes. Vista roof is a must. Cargo area (rear seats folded down) carpet not great

Ford hit it off real good...
By Vinnie on 08/14/09 16:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a must ....We love our Flex,,,This car is smooth driving and great in handling not to mention how much room it has on the inside...Leaving for vacation in 2 weeks and we are really looking forward taking the Flex with all the room in it for 5 people we will all be very comfortable for the ride.

Still loving it
By chuck from kansas on 08/12/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wrote my first review 11/08 when Flex was first purchased. Flex (Ford) has made a believer of me. I am a retired automobile sales representative and sold and drove imports.(Honda,Toyota, Nissan). Without hesitation, I would put the quality, reliability and ride of Flex against any of them. I keep looking to find some small flaw, but so far-nothing have shown. I couldn't see any way the Flex could have been improved, but Ford managed to do it with the 2010 Flex. I have never in my life been so impressed with any one car. P.S. I sold and drove the imports for almost 30 years.

Great Family Car
By westwood mom on 08/10/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had this vehicle for two months and very happy. A big improvement over our Acura MDX (which it replaced) in terms of comfort, smoothness of ride, and gas mileage (about 2 mpg better).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex in VA is:

$131 per month*