Used 2009 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Disappointing
By Discouraged

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm very upset with this car and the way I've been treated since buying it! I've had the car in the shop 4 times since purchased (but could have taken it in many more times). I purchase new cars for the safety and reliability that comes with it. Unfortunately, the car has neither! I've had it in for brakes, transmission, radio, sync system & various other issues. I don't have the time to continuously take a brand new car in weekly. Now they are saying that my problems are not reproducible and oh well. I had a Honda(no problems) previously and bought American to support our Country just for the dealer to say oh well deal with it! I don't understand what happened to quality & customer service?

Quality of seats are nice. Other than that everything has fallen apart. Therefore, as far as the safety of my kids NOTHING is a favorite!

EVERYTHING including customer service and standing behind the quality of your cars!

Very surprised!
By Luke

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchased Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans during the past several years, but never one from the "big three". In fact, I never even looked at their models until we needed a new family hauler. My wife wanted the Flex and I tried to show her every model Toyota or Honda had to offer before we headed to a Ford dealership. I hated the idea of buying a Ford until I test drove the Flex. It has been superb so far and knocks the socks off of my Nissan. I wish I was the one driving it everyday. My only complaint is the gas mileage, I wish it were a bit better. I will definitely keep an eye on Ford when the times comes to purchase another car.

Ford Sync, AWD, dual-headrest DVD players

Gas mileage (better mpg)

Does many things well
By basswood

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Flex is very comfortable, easy to drive. Mine has no telescoping wheel, so I can't give myself all the leg room I would like to have. Excellent choice for tall people anyway. It is quiet and smooth on all surfaces. Good pickup when you need it. Mileage is surprisingly good. Mine is getting better;about 19mpg around suburbs!

I find this car easy to get in and out of. Mileage has been better than expected (actually calculated to be 19.1 on last tankful. Love the red color.

Access to console is terrible. It is very dark inside it, and its location puts it almost behind your right elbow.Needs a light inside and better placement. Glove box is also small. For a large car, there is little storage room in the front seat area. (for me) A back up camera would be great! (onSE)

Want to love it but
By Disappointed

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from a Explorer to a Freestyle to a Flex. Thought we had found that perfect car but after about 8 trips to 2 Ford mechanic's we are about done. We keep getting the front brake grinding noise that everybody else seems to be getting. And it seems to go away for a few days after they work on it it comes back. Only difference from most of the rest of the reviews is that the dealership seems to try but can't figure it out. Other things have been small but what car isn't going to have some problems. It's a shame because otherwise we would love it!

Nav, panoramic roof, fridge, seating, fun to drive and it's not like everything else.

FIX the BRAKES. It shouldn't be that hard!

Caliper problems
By Gail Johnson

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used from our local dealership. It had 24,701 miles on it. The second day of ownership, I came out of this driveway, a terrible squealing sound happened. I stopped and backed up as I thought I ran over a branch, and went ahead again. The car squealed off an on the rest of my route. I thought it was my brakes but service said they were perfectly fine. It still squealed but now I have a burning smell. Took it back and service said the left rear caliper was locking up and replaced it. Brought it back home parked it in the garage got out and smelled the burning smell again and the wheel was too hot to touch. Service has it again. Not happy.

spacious and like the rear camera