2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Lemon in the Making
By Jim Stewart on 11/25/09 12:51 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the brake grinding noise and Ford has no solution. If you live where there is humdity, water or salt in the air, you will have the problem. Ford and the Dealership(Kelly Ford) in Melbourne, Florida have no solution. I am working on the lemon law process, do not buy this car. Besides the noise, the stopping distance is affected. Also, if you go to look at one, lean on the door and watch the metal bend, very cheaply made!

By chuck on 11/25/09 06:22 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Follow up to my former review. Problems fixed now brakes are grinding. Dealer says that this is has been a problem, Guess I should have leased instead of buying.

Ford Flex
By Lori Mendoza on 11/25/09 05:29 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I agree with the other reviews pertaining to the head rest. Is does make your head lean forward a bit. But, if you recline the seat back a bit it seems to help. I have had a problem with the brakes squeeking while I am backing up from the garage to the barn. So only while backing up a long distance also. It also seems to double shift when I stop at a stop light and at times it feels as if it wants to excellurate while my foot is on the brake. It is in the shop as I write this but they will call Ford and Ford will say there is nothing wrong as they always do. FYI I also had to take it on for a Computer upgrade from Ford. Didnt know I had to do that but on occasion you have to so i was told.

Extremely Impressed!
By procal on 11/14/09 12:31 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

By far the best! I bought mine last October and have driven it all over Europe since. I have put on over 10,000 'Autobahn' miles and have no complaints. At this point, I am seriously considering trading it in and upgrading for a 2010.

Ford Flex Review
By Diane on 11/06/09 06:45 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love the look. We love the room in 1st and 2nd seat, but the back is small for legroom. Very good storage. Gas mileage isn't as good as we would of liked. The worst thing about this car is the brake noise. After having it 3 months the brakes started growling when used. It got worse and worse. We've had it in the shop 3 times. They said they fixed it but got it home and after 2 days, growling con't. Dealer said nothing else they can do because Ford doesn't know what to do. 2 other Flex's from this dealer came in with the same problem. One other problem is the neck rests. They do go ahead too far. We wouldn't get this car again unless brakes were good. Now we're stuck.

The worst build car
By JJS on 10/30/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Five major parts are crumbling, peeling off or broken five months after I bought a new Ford Flex. I take good care of my cars,This should not happen to a new car. I contacted the dealer as well as Ford and I got very little in care or concern. I don't feel that I should fix a new car with so much dysfunctional elements happening, they should replace the Flex.

Nice work Ford, keep it up
By Ben on 10/28/09 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had the car about a year now and have made at least a dozen long distance trips. This car is very comfortable and I'm really surprised and impressed with the quality, especially the interior and the smooth quiet ride. The gas mileage has met expectations 19/24. The SYNC system with stereo are the best Nav/audio I have seen in any car and the cargo capacity is great. I am finishing my basement and just loaded 40 ten foot 2x4s. That's possible because of the ingenious fold flat seats (including the front passenger). When all the seats are folded down, they create a nice flat planar surface. Another nice feature is all the heat room. I'm 6' tall and still have 6 inches above my head!

front end sounds
By Judy on 10/28/09 09:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my flex in August have heard a noise under the front of the car occasionally since. It sounds like the brakes are going out & the rotors are rubbing.Sometimes feels like it grads a bit when i put the brakes on. I had it looked at once so far they say nothing is wrong. I will keep checking. I traded in a 2006 expedition fully loaded for a simplier model to help on mileage and overall money expenses. I love it I only miss the 4 wheel drive. I do have an issue with the little panels behind the door handle on the interior of the car. they have popped off three times so far. Seems a bit cheezy.I do not like the headrest angle doesn't work well for short people makes my head lean forward.

Commercial Sold Me
By Carol A. on 10/23/09 22:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I agree with other rerviews. Car is a head turner. I am frequently asked how I like the car & if they can peek inside. I had to have the two-tone cinnamon & white after seeing how sharp it looked on the commercial. Love interior space & have taken road trips with passengers in 2nd row who loved leg room. Headrests are uncomfortable because they tilt forward too much, but it could be because I am not that tall, (5ft. 3in.). Transmission shifts rough in lower speeds & car jerks forward when shifting. Haven't read that problem in other reviews so I don't know if it is just my car. After 2 mo. passenger door lock started giving problems does not always open. Inconvenient for driver to reach over

a great vacation ride
By Victor Carter on 10/05/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car in November,2008. We took it to Woodstock, Maine in the worst of weather with 5 adults and winter clothes, skis and such. We went to Niagra for the newyears fireworks show after skiing. Then we came home. We got 23.4 worst and 24.3 was our best milage. We drove it to Cape Cod to see the whales this spring. We got about the same milage. We had 5 adults and bagage for 10 days. My Wife and I took it to Moab, Utah and had a great time. We got 24.7 MPG on that trip. Only two people. I can't find anything I don't like about the car. You will not believe the power the V6 has!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex Wagon in VA is:

$130 per month*